• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have an important question...

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
What are you reading?

Are you asking about specifically spiritual/religious books or 'secular' books as well?

If the former I am reading The Myth Of The Judeo-Christian Tradition by Arthur A. Cohen, which I highly recommend.

xkatz

TBH, I have been so busy that I haven't had much time to read anything not school related but I have been reading bits of the Tanakh and NT.

Levite

Higher and Higher
I am switching back and forth between Rabbi Daniel Sperber's excellent On Changes in Jewish Liturgy: Options and Limitations, and the Perush Hatefillot Vehabrachot (Commentary on the Liturgy and Blessings) of Rabbi Yehudah ben Yakar (13th Century).

And in my secular reading, I am re-reading the Harry Potter books, and reading Tolkein's The Hobbit aloud to my wife, who never had it read to her as a child.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Walking Israel: A Personal Search for the Soul of a Nation by Martin Fletcher