• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Have A Theory On Homosexuality

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Kathryn: You are right, straight people should sweep around their own back doors before pointing at gay people. The Bible might be consistent in condemning sex outside of marriage, but, to me, that doesn't make it wrong. It might be wrong for other reasons, but not just because the Bible says so. I don't consider the Bible to be a reliable guide to morality and ethics because of 1st Samuel 15:2-3 and the implication in Genesis 19 that offering up your virgin daughters to be gang raped is an acceptable way to prevent your male houseguests from being gang raped.

Genesis 19 is not implying that it's OK to give your daughters to strangers. It's just the recounting of an event. Lot was a weak sell out of a man, and I think the Bible makes that perfectly clear.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
My wife and I lived together for several years before getting married and 20 years later we are still together. Personally I would advise anyone who is planning on getting married to live together for at least a year before hand.
If you can't make it through at least that first year and get past all of the "getting used to living with each other stuff" then I would say the marriage is doomed to failure.

Both my brothers have been married and divorced three times and neither of them lived with any of their wives before getting married.

Plus I'm not Christian so I guess this doesn't really count. :D

Anecdotal evidence can be thrown back and forth all day and proves nothing. My parents didn't live together or sleep together till they got married, and they just celebrated their 50th anniversary. They are Christians by the way.

I mean, just for the record...

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Anecdotal evidence can be thrown back and forth all day and proves nothing. My parents didn't live together or sleep together till they got married, and they just celebrated their 50th anniversary. They are Christians by the way.

Not living together before marriage does NOT increase your chances of divorcing.And living together before marriage does not statistically lower your chances of getting divorced.In fact if you do the research..Living together can increase chance of divorce.But there are many other variables involved.Its not as simple as living together or not first.Age at marriage..how many OTHER people you may have lived with first and not ultimately married..etc..

But trying to claim that living together before you are married is reducing your risk of divorcing later is misleading.

From what I have researched in a nutshell..Is if you have dated at least 2 years ..never lived together(or with anyone romantically)...and are 25 or older(when you marry) ..ya'll have the best chance.

Just go read about it..living together first is definately not 'insurance"..and not living together first is definately not any nail in the coffin.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well, there's a difference between living with someone, and having sex. You wanna live with them, go ahead. Nothing stopping you. However, well, unless you have perfect self control, that'll be really hard. :p

Peace!

Well all you need is car..(actually all you need is a piece of grass on the side of a house in the dark) and two willing people.You certaintly dont need to live together thats for sure!

Love

Dallas

Ditto for my parents and I'm sure for their parents too! :D

I know living together doesn't guarantee anything but I think it certainly helped our marriage get off to a strong start.

Not living together before marriage does NOT increase your chances of divorcing.And living together before marriage does not statistically lower your chances of getting divorced.In fact if you do the research..Living together can increase chance of divorce.But there are many other variables involved.Its not as simple as living together or not first.Age at marriage..how many OTHER people you may have lived with first and not ultimately married..etc..

But trying to claim that living together before you are married is reducing your risk of divorcing later is misleading.

From what I have researched in a nutshell..Is if you have dated at least 2 years ..never lived together(or with anyone romantically)...and are 25 or older(when you marry) ..ya'll have the best chance.

Just go read about it..living together first is definately not 'insurance"..and not living together first is definately not any nail in the coffin.

Love

Dallas

I've read those stats too. Maturity level probably has a lot to do with it too and being willing to go into it as a partnership and putting aside the petty MEisms.