• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a question I need everybody else's feedback on

Frank Goad

I have heard it said that in parapsychology.People can make matter and energy change into things just by thinking about it.Like for example if you think of an apple turning into a orange it does.This made me have the following two questions:
1.If our minds can do this why doesn't it mention this in the bible?:confused::(
2.If we can use science to prove this is a natural ability from God.What is the limit to what our minds can change.By using our thoughts?

Lain

I have heard it said that in parapsychology.People can make matter and energy change into things just by thinking about it.Like for example if you think of an apple turning into a orange it does.This made me have the following two questions:
1.If our minds can do this why doesn't it mention this in the bible?:confused::(
2.If we can use science to prove this is a natural ability from God.What is the limit to what our minds can change.By using our thoughts?

1) Who says it isn't mentioned? "As a man thinketh in his heart so is he." Moreover the desert fathers and others in Church history discussed this matter and other things related a great deal.
2) I don't know the limit.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Our minds can't do that, maybe that's why it's not mentioned.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
How you doing Frank?
The short answer to #1 is, the Bible does not say this is possible, becase it is not.
Remember when Jesus healed the sick; turned water to wine; fed thousands with a few loaves and fish, etc., it was not with his mind, he did this.
I hope from reading the Bible, you realize with what, he did these things.

To #2. Science has not demonstrated this to be true. If they were able to do so, imagine how many people would be turned into a frog, or worst... a snail, and stomped on.
No one would be charged with murder, and overpopulation would not be a headache to rulers. :)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Didn't the Good Lord turn water into wine? Multiply fish and loaves?
For almost everyone, we can't do it at all. For those so advanced there is probably no limit but that level of advancement comes with the wisdom of what is proper interference with the natural order of things.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What is the limit to what our minds can change.By using our thoughts?

For those who are sufficiently spiritually advanced, there is no limit but there is ultimate danger. Misuse such power and the consequences are severe beyond measure.

If the soul yields to the overpowering temptations to put his powers to wrong use, there is an enormous psychic crash of unimaginable magnitude. The explosive forces thereby released bring about a complete disintegration of consciousness, subjecting it to a cataclysmic downfall from the heights of the subtle consciousness of the fourth plane to the very lowest depths of rudimentary stone consciousness which the soul experienced in the very beginnings of evolution. This psychic cataclysm of disintegration is comparable to the fusing of an electric bulb due to an irreparable short-circuit. The fallen soul has now no alternative except that of again going through the long and laborious ascent of evolving consciousness, through ages of evolution and reincarnation through numberless forms, and then again gradually and patiently ascending through the planes. Meher Baba: The Planes Of Consciousness

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Not possible, if it were we would all be turning gold into lead or something like that

The Crimson Universe

You won't always find everything in a certain scripture. And just because it isn't mentioned in one book, doesn't mean it is impossible for people to have such powers.

Most scriptures of major religions have the Do's and Don'ts. Like how to live a pious life and things one should refrain from doing.

These instructions (Do's and Don'ts) are meant for common folks. They're meant for the young souls who are slowly climbing the evolutionary ladder. By young souls i mean those souls that have reincarnated from animal bodies to human bodies pretty recently. Such young souls need constant guiding on his new human journey. It's like going from kindergarten to college. Once they pass thru a few hundred or thousand human reincarnations (by living a righteous life), they won't need the scriptural instructions anymore. Then they are on their own. That's when they get to discover new paths towards God or divinity.

... One such path towards divinity is deep meditation (a type of yoga). It is not mentioned in the major scriptures.
The methods and techniques of deep meditation are usually discovered by advanced souls as they reincarnate more and more and attain a higher wisdom by living a pious life. Once they attain this knowledge of how to meditate, they pass it down to their disciples either orally or in written form.

So long story short, it is from practicing deep meditation that one attains psychic powers. Many people in the east (buddhist and hindus) possess powers through which they could do the following things-
1) Healing the sick,
2) Giving sight to the blind,
3) Create objects out of thin air just by thinking about it.
4) Reduce or Increase their human shape/size to any form.
5) Multiplying or Cloning themselves
6) Levitation / walking on water,
7) Clairvoyance,
8) Astral travelling
... and many more.

Unlike Christians who consider Jesus as God in flesh, the buddhists and hindus consider such advanced souls as enlightened perfected beings.

You need to read books on saints like- Yukteshwar, YogaNanda, Sai-Baba etc.
In Yukteshwar's books such powers are being mentioned, (excluding number 3).

AFAIK, number 3 is practiced mostly in subtle spirit realms after death and not in this physical plane. :)

Last edited:

Truth&Hope

Jesus Freak

And the earth is flat too! Lol!! That’s just nutty.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Who told you that? .....about turning apples in to oranges by mond alone?

Truth&Hope

Jesus Freak
A
You won't always find everything in a certain scripture. And just because it isn't mentioned in one book, doesn't mean it is impossible for people to have such powers.

Most scriptures of major religions have the Do's and Don'ts. Like how to live a pious life and things one should refrain from doing.

These instructions (Do's and Don'ts) are meant for common folks. They're meant for the young souls who are slowly climbing the evolutionary ladder. By young souls i mean those souls that have reincarnated from animal bodies to human bodies pretty recently. Such young souls need constant guiding on his new human journey. It's like going from kindergarten to college. Once they pass thru a few hundred or thousand human reincarnations (by living a righteous life), they won't need the scriptural instructions anymore. Then they are on their own. That's when they get to discover new paths towards God or divinity.

... One such path towards divinity is deep meditation (a type of yoga). It is not mentioned in the major scriptures.
The methods and techniques of deep meditation are usually discovered by advanced souls as they reincarnate more and more and attain a higher wisdom by living a pious life. Once they attain this knowledge of how to meditate, they pass it down to their disciples either orally or in written form.

So long story short, it is from practicing deep meditation that one attains psychic powers. Many people in the east (buddhist and hindus) possess powers through which they could do the following things-
1) Healing the sick,
2) Giving sight to the blind,
3) Create objects out of thin air just by thinking about it.
4) Reduce or Increase their human shape/size to any form.
5) Multiplying or Cloning themselves
6) Levitation / walking on water,
7) Clairvoyance,
8) Astral travelling
... and many more.

Unlike Christians who consider Jesus as God in flesh, the buddhists and hindus consider such advanced souls as enlightened perfected beings.

You need to read books on saints like- Yukteshwar, YogaNanda, Sai-Baba etc.
In Yukteshwar's books such powers are being mentioned, (excluding number 3).

AFAIK, number 3 is practiced mostly in subtle spirit realms after death and not in this physical plane. :)

As far as I understand and accept the only “person” that could do that was/is Jesus.

Frank Goad

Who told you that? .....about turning apples in to oranges by mond alone?

No one.It was just an example.:)