• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate soccer

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I mean...soccer is the most boring thing ever...
The word itself makes me...ewww...:p

I understand guys are into sports...

But I prefer watching Latin American telenovelas.
I mean 90 minutes of telenovelas are more appealing than a soccer game.

PS. I use the term soccer because in my country il football is used to described American football only.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

PS. I use the term soccer because in my country il football is used to described American football only. The one with the hands.

I can understand why you don't want to see attractive, sweaty men go at it over something trophy shaped. :rolleyes::p

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I hate spectator sports period. Except Equine sports (but not racing, that's abuse) and Martial Arts (I was quite good as a lad)

Really, if you're not an actual active participant in a sport, what's the point in spectator sports?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

PS. I use the term soccer because in my country il football is used to described American football only. The one with the hands.
The one with the hands....oh you mean handball :p

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I hate spectator sports period. Except Equine sports (but not racing, that's abuse) and Martial Arts (I was quite good as a lad)

Really, if you're not an actual active participant in a sport, what's the point in spectator sports?
Hopefully,some spectator sports offer world class talent competing. However I agree; participation in sport is where the enjoyment is, not watching often from too long a distance if you attend an event or just viewing it on a TV screen.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

PS. I use the term soccer because in my country il football is used to described American football only.

I too don't like football (I'm English), or really any spectator sport, kind enough of boring to me.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I too don't like football (I'm English), or really any spectator sport, kind enough of boring to me.

I like swimming...in general.
I don't mind going to watch some male swimming competitions...just to give it a check..

Once I got lost...I was looking for the exit...I ended up in the male locker rooms...how strange.
:p

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
I like swimming...in general.
I don't mind going to watch some male swimming competitions...just to give it a check..

Once I got lost...I was looking for the exit...I ended up in the male locker rooms...how strange.
:p

I like testing my skill on a track at 200+ kph. Funnily enough it's a male dominated pastime.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Not a great fan either. If a bunch of people want to kick the hell out of a round object then why not go for the real thing rather than some substitute - and rugby too! (If one can remember the two scenes in this film) :oops:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I like testing my skill on a track at 200+ kph. Funnily enough it's a male dominated pastime.
In the US one can get into motor racing for a rather small investment. From Top Gear I found out that one can do the same. Though US motor racing is about as exciting as British kickball. I mean soccer. Oh wait futbol?

ChristineM

Premium Member
In the US one can get into motor racing for a rather small investment. From Top Gear I found out that one can do the same. Though US motor racing is about as exciting as British kickball. I mean soccer. Oh wait futbol?

Not racing, although i occasionally watch F1. On track days racing is not allowed, it will get you seriously banned. It's actually timed laps. Although some peeps will compare timings. I don't, I'll just try to better my previous lap.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not racing, although i occasionally watch F1. On track days racing is not allowed, it will get you seriously banned. It's actually timed laps. Although some peeps will compare timings. I don't, I'll just try to better my previous lap.
I don't know if we have that here. Stock car racing is just driving around an oval track. One's personal best time would probably have more to do with the quality of the car here rather than personal sikill.

Though figure eight racing can get a bit exciting from either perspective.