• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I find speaking less and less interesting, what now?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I tried that when I cultivated Buddhism, yes it has its good sides, but also bad side, ..
Bad side of Buddhism! I have never heard of that. Do the Buddhists not live a normal life? There are supposed to be about half a billion Buddhists.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Bad side of Buddhism! I have never heard of that. Do the Buddhists not live a normal life? There are supposed to be about half a billion Buddhists.
I meant those in monasteries :) It is good when it comes to meditation and seclusion, but living among people do have its benefit when it comes to the development of good virtue because it is harder to live among non-practitioners then it is to alone. I did try both when i was a buddhist

Darkforbid

I took some days away from forums, and internet because it started to feel tiresome to keep speaking in discussions, and the days I been away was so good. only spoke when spoken to. no need to explaining and no need to discuss.

What now? I do not know, but my voice is no longer a tool for longer discussion with people from all kinds of religions or other spiritual paths. I found the peace of not speaking, of not being obligated to defend or explain my spiritual path or why I say what I do.

I will let people have their belief and their spiritual path, without interfering with their understanding of their spiritual teachings. No need for me to discuss their religious books or scripture, I do not know all religious paths and their teachings, so maybe my understanding of them have been wrong, and I do not want to lead people astray. so better if people discuss within their own religious path and not across them I think.

I added this in the Q&A because I do have a question,

Do you feel that it is best to speak with people from the same path/ religion as your self? or do you like to listen to everyone?

It's because you're engaging in Eastern practices that shut your mind down. I many ways they were designed to produce a docile happy population

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It's because you're engaging in Eastern practices that shut your mind down. I many ways they were designed to produce a docile happy population
Our mind is actually not shut down :) it is opened up to spiritual awareness, but it becomes none interested in mundane tasks, that is true.

A Vestigial Mote

Do you feel that it is best to speak with people from the same path/ religion as your self? or do you like to listen to everyone?
I truly and honestly enjoy both! I like talking to people of like mindset, and kicking around our various ideas, exchanging the best of what we have to offer from our positions, and generally bolstering each other's confidence in our position.

However I also really enjoy getting into it with people. I enjoy when they have a differing opinion or idea, and I enjoy the chase and the hunt as my mind tries to wrap itself around the idea and either come up with a rebuttal, or realize that the idea's armor is just too good, and I must change, adopt it myself and thereby become even stronger. Both of those I find to be rewarding outcomes. It's like I can't lose! Which is why I just keep coming back to it, dauntless.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I stayed for 10 years in an ashram, where there were all religions present. We never debated. We just shared our personal spiritual experiences

The moment people judge others on feelings or (non) Religion, easily energy goes down; you feel to defend; constricting.

Sharing personal experiences makes makes energy go up, and you feel free and happy; expanding.

Hence I never debate other's feelings or (non) faith; if they are happy with it, I am happy.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. but it becomes none interested in mundane tasks, that is true.
Amanaki, I suggest that you should read BhagawadGita. I am not trying to seduce you into Hinduism, but Gita has verses which will inspire you. I am an strong atheist, I do not believe in Hindu Gods and Goddesses. Do not take Krishna as a God (as his worshipers do) but take him as a wise man like Buddha. Again like Buddha, Bhagawad Gita has greatly clarified things to me.

"tasmād asaktaḥ satataṁ, kāryaṁ karma samācara;
asakto hy ācaran karma, param āpnoti pūruṣaḥ." BG 3.19

tasmāt — therefore; asaktaḥ — without attachment; satatam — constantly; kāryam — as duty; karma — work; samācara — perform; asaktaḥ — unattached; hi — certainly; ācaran — performing; karma — work; param — the Supreme; āpnoti — achieves; pūruṣaḥ — a man.
Translation

Therefore, without being attached (to the fruits of activities), one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without attachment one attains the Supreme.

Reactions: Jim

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Amanaki, I suggest that you should read BhagawadGita. I am not trying to seduce you into Hinduism, but Gita has verses which will inspire you. I am an strong atheist, I do not believe in Hindu Gods and Goddesses. Do not take Krishna as a God (as his worshipers do) but take him as a wise man like Buddha. Again like Buddha, Bhagawad Gita has greatly clarified things to me.

"tasmād asaktaḥ satataṁ, kāryaṁ karma samācara;
asakto hy ācaran karma, param āpnoti pūruṣaḥ." BG 3.19

tasmāt — therefore; asaktaḥ — without attachment; satatam — constantly; kāryam — as duty; karma — work; samācara — perform; asaktaḥ — unattached; hi — certainly; ācaran — performing; karma — work; param — the Supreme; āpnoti — achieves; pūruṣaḥ — a man.
Translation

Therefore, without being attached (to the fruits of activities), one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without attachment one attains the Supreme.
Sorry, I only read Falun Dafa teaching from now on. I do not say it is anything wrong with Buddhism or Hindu teaching, it is just that I would not interfere with the teaching of Falun Gong with other teachings from now.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I would definitely strike a balance. Doubters and opposers of the way, whichever way that is, are blind to things that need expression and action.

A person's way must be alive and living.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Thank you for your reply @Katja :) I have found that in the spiritual path I am on, more and more loneliness arises because I see the world in a totally different way than most other, especially in the forum I notice this (It does not make me different to others, I am still me) But I, when I speak, only a few seem to understand my messages and the meaning behind them, and it always become long discussion of more negative sorts (especially from Atheists I noticed, but atheists are ok people ) So I find it not negative toward me as a person but it creates tension and, to me that is of no use. so it is better to speak with people who cultivate Falun gong, but here I because they understand what I speak about, but here where I live, I do not know other Falun Gong practitioners.
Now I’m starting to worry about what’s happening to you.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Sorry, I only read Falun Dafa teaching from now on. I do not say it is anything wrong with Buddhism or Hindu teaching, it is just that I would not interfere with the teaching of Falun Gong with other teachings from now.
Now I’m worrying even more about what’s happening to you. You are not making Falun Gong look good to me. You are acting much more sectarian and factional than I would have thought possible for you.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I took some days away from forums, and internet because it started to feel tiresome to keep speaking in discussions, and the days I been away was so good. only spoke when spoken to. no need to explaining and no need to discuss.

What now? I do not know, but my voice is no longer a tool for longer discussion with people from all kinds of religions or other spiritual paths. I found the peace of not speaking, of not being obligated to defend or explain my spiritual path or why I say what I do.

I will let people have their belief and their spiritual path, without interfering with their understanding of their spiritual teachings. No need for me to discuss their religious books or scripture, I do not know all religious paths and their teachings, so maybe my understanding of them have been wrong, and I do not want to lead people astray. so better if people discuss within their own religious path and not across them I think.

I added this in the Q&A because I do have a question,

Trying to see truth and value in ideas and interests contrary to mine seems indispensable to me, as a way of freeing myself from prejudices and delusions that I’m not aware of.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Thank you for your reply @Katja :) I have found that in the spiritual path I am on, more and more loneliness arises because I see the world in a totally different way than most other, especially in the forum I notice this (It does not make me different to others, I am still me) But I, when I speak, only a few seem to understand my messages and the meaning behind them, and it always become long discussion of more negative sorts (especially from Atheists I noticed, but atheists are ok people ) So I find it not negative toward me as a person but it creates tension and, to me that is of no use. so it is better to speak with people who cultivate Falun gong, but here I because they understand what I speak about, but here where I live, I do not know other Falun Gong practitioners.
When I first learned about Falun Gong, it looked good to me. The more you say about it, and the more I see what it’s doing to you, the worse it looks to me.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
What now?
If you’re looking for ideas for what to do in the forums, here’s one: Look for people doing things in the forums for their own spiritual growth, and helping to make the forums more fun for everyone, and find friendly and helpful ways of responding to that.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If you’re looking for ideas for what to do in the forums, here’s one: Look for people doing things in the forums for their own spiritual growth, and helping to make the forums more fun for everyone, and find friendly and helpful ways of responding to that.
I agree. For me the forum is a way to improve myself ... being friendly, non-judgmental and understanding and respectful. Still learning everyday.

Reactions: Jim