• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I could have done as Christ

notmuchtime

Something else that bothers me Jesus Christ is praised by everyone for dying on the cross. im sorry alot of you will take this the wrong way , but if i saw and did what Christ did i would have done the same thing. Seriously if i had supernatural powers and talked to God. Now if Jesus never had anything happend and had to believe just through an old Bible whom no one really knows if it was altered or all there

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Uh... what?

You would have died on a cross as well, I got that, but what are you saying after that? Your sentence structure is horrible.

Tristesse

I know what you mean, but yeah the sentence structure isn't that well put together. Basically jesus' sacrifice wasn't really a sacrifice at all, he dies for three days, and rises to be the ruler of the universe for all eternity. As far as sacrifices go, this is pretty sweet! I'd be crucified too, if that were the out come.

ye i mean he died to clean our sins and didn't even had the decency to stay dead

notmuchtime

sorry about my "structure" let me try to explain better, back then i wouldnt of known nor did i even think about his resurection ( if spelled right) it seems to me everyone praises and thanks Jesus for being crucified for us and how hard it was for Him, but He also walked on water heald the sick and blind. If i had powers like this and talked to God i would have done far more my life would have a purpose. Now where i confused everyone, this day in age i have to follow Jesus but all i get is a Bible that No one knows if its all there if its been altered

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Have you ever died on a cross? have you ever witnessed a real crucifixion? Do that sometime. I don't care how powerful you are. It's a horrible way to suffer. I don't think you'd be so blithe about it, if you knew what it really entailed.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Have you ever died on a cross? have you ever witnessed a real crucifixion? Do that sometime. I don't care how powerful you are. It's a horrible way to suffer. I don't think you'd be so blithe about it, if you knew what it really entailed.

I have to agree with sojourner here. I have seen a real crucifixion, why people would put themselves though that for there faith is beyond me. A friend of mine fell on a nail once and it went through his hand, and he think those people are really crazy knowing how much it hurts.

Tristesse

I'm sure it's a terrible death, but the out come is all that matters. If you endure excruciating pain for a day or two to become the ruler of the universe for eternity. It's well worth the torture. I'm just wondering why god would put his only son through that kind of torment, I mean god is the one making the rules, he could make any rule, why that one?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
sorry about my "structure" let me try to explain better, back then i wouldnt of known nor did i even think about his resurection ( if spelled right) it seems to me everyone praises and thanks Jesus for being crucified for us and how hard it was for Him, but He also walked on water heald the sick and blind. If i had powers like this and talked to God i would have done far more my life would have a purpose. Now where i confused everyone, this day in age i have to follow Jesus but all i get is a Bible that No one knows if its all there if its been altered

When I read the gospels, I don't read what Jesus Christ did. I read what Jesus the Sage said. In order to do as Jesus did, you'd have to go out into the wilderness and meditate (or pray) for many days, so that you could achieve enlightenment. Then you'd go around teaching what you taught. Other young Sages, like Gautama Buddha, did that. (And, if you look at the teachings, Jesus taught nearly identical things as Buddha.)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I'm sure it's a terrible death, but the out come is all that matters. If you endure excruciating pain for a day or two to become the ruler of the universe for eternity. It's well worth the torture. I'm just wondering why god would put his only son through that kind of torment, I mean god is the one making the rules, he could make any rule, why that one?
God didn't put him through that. Human beings put him through that.
The fallacy here is that Jesus had to suffer in order to become King of heaven. He did not. He was king of heaven before he was crucified.

i have heard this argument many times before,and i must say if one could end all hunger,murder,rape and war,knowing what (supposedly) jesus did....there would be many to step up.

dogsgod

If I was a God I'd do the crucified thingy just for heck it. Some people are impressed by such feats of magic so why not?