• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't take it anymore!!!!

Demonic Kitten

I have been suffering from chronic pain for about 13 years now and it is starting to wear on me not only physically, but mentally and emotionally. At one point in time I thought I was getting better, (or maybe just learning to deal with the pain better) but now it seems as if I have taken 100 steps back. Once again it is effecting every thing that I do. That includes my personal life and my work. I don't want to go to the doctor for personal reasons..other than the fact that I can't afford it.

I don't really know why I'm posting this...maybe I want a pity party :shrug: Since I have posted this how many of you suffer from pain and what are your ways of dealing with it? Maybe you guys can give me some ideas on how to survive without sacrificing my already frayed sanity. :help:

MSizer

MSizer
Oh my, I'm very sad to hear this. I'm not sure that I have any advice, although I will keep it on my mind in case I think of anything. I really do hope someone can help you.

M.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I know about the pain issue, have it quite a bit of the time. I fully understand what you mean by "can't afford medical treatment"
Sometimes I get to the point I have to take pain meds but I don't like to so I try to hang on as long as possible without it....Also have to make the meds last as long as possible, if you run out you have to go to the doctor and take more of your money just to get a prescription....Then your pain is even worse because of the stress and anxiety over the money....I don't know the answer, its a cycle.....pain, doctor, money, pain, doctor, money....Like a merry go round and I just want to get off and get on with my life.....
I do hope you get some relief soon....It would be good if you could get some kind of initial diagnosis, because it's difficult to treat something unless you know what your dealing with. Maybe you can at least get a payment plan worked out so you can get relief....

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Not sure if you've done this... but I would talk with doctors about pain management.

Anyway, that's probably old hat... but you have my prayers and sympathy.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Depends where the pain is,if its something like muscle pain i found a Tens machine very helpful,they are inexpensive and you can wear them anywhere as they fit on your belt but really you need to see a Doctor,hope things improve for you.

Demonic Kitten

MSizer said:
Oh my, I'm very sad to hear this. I'm not sure that I have any advice, although I will keep it on my mind in case I think of anything. I really do hope someone can help you.

M.
Thank you. I have ways of reliving some of the pain, but it does not relive all of it...fortunately it does make it more tolerable. I also work out (to the best of my ability) twice a week which usually helps as well. I think I just needed to tell someone...or make them listen to me whine. >_<

Charity said:
I know about the pain issue, have it quite a bit of the time. I fully understand what you mean by "can't afford medical treatment"
Sometimes I get to the point I have to take pain meds but I don't like to so I try to hang on as long as possible without it....Also have to make the meds last as long as possible, if you run out you have to go to the doctor and take more of your money just to get a prescription....Then your pain is even worse because of the stress and anxiety over the money....I don't know the answer, its a cycle.....pain, doctor, money, pain, doctor, money....Like a merry go round and I just want to get off and get on with my life.....
I do hope you get some relief soon....It would be good if you could get some kind of initial diagnosis, because it's difficult to treat something unless you know what your dealing with. Maybe you can at least get a payment plan worked out so you can get relief....

The only thing I have taken for a prolonged period of time is Tylenol or some other time of OTC pain meds. I know I should suck it up and go to the doctor to get the real deal, but addiction runs deep in my family.... my fear keeps me from getting the relief I need. Like I wrote to MSizer, I have ways of lessening the pain...I will seek one of those out tonight.

As far as a doctoral diagnosis....I don't want to know yet. Lupus and Fibromyalga run in my family as well....I know I am being willfully ignorant of this and probably more than a little childish. Most of the time I just see my pain as my payment for living.

angellous_evangellous said:
Not sure if you've done this... but I would talk with doctors about pain management.

Anyway, that's probably old hat... but you have my prayers and sympathy.
Thank you! I haven't talked to my doctor very much about it. Once he starts listing the various test he would need to run I run....and now that I can't afford it....

England my lionheart said:
Depends where the pain is,if its something like muscle pain i found a Tens machine very helpful,they are inexpensive and you can wear them anywhere as they fit on your belt but really you need to see a Doctor,hope things improve for you.

Part of it is muscle, but most of it is from nerves. I know I need to see a doctor...I am good at procrastinating though...it will get better and I won't think about it. I need to start keeping track of where it hurts....besides the aches and pains I inflict on myself during my martial arts training.

Thank you for your replies. For the most part I have been able to live with/deal with the pain. It does get the better of me at times (like now for instance). Some of my fellow martial artist are well versed in things like reiki and pressure point healing. The best thing that I have found that helps me is getting up off my butt and doing something. It takes the pressure off of my hips and lower spine and it helps to stretch out the muscles. With that being said I think I am going to take a break and walk around a wee bit.

dust1n

Zindīq
Thank you. I have ways of reliving some of the pain, but it does not relive all of it...fortunately it does make it more tolerable. I also work out (to the best of my ability) twice a week which usually helps as well. I think I just needed to tell someone...or make them listen to me whine. >_<

The only thing I have taken for a prolonged period of time is Tylenol or some other time of OTC pain meds. I know I should suck it up and go to the doctor to get the real deal, but addiction runs deep in my family.... my fear keeps me from getting the relief I need. Like I wrote to MSizer, I have ways of lessening the pain...I will seek one of those out tonight.

As far as a doctoral diagnosis....I don't want to know yet. Lupus and Fibromyalga run in my family as well....I know I am being willfully ignorant of this and probably more than a little childish. Most of the time I just see my pain as my payment for living.

Thank you! I haven't talked to my doctor very much about it. Once he starts listing the various test he would need to run I run....and now that I can't afford it....

Part of it is muscle, but most of it is from nerves. I know I need to see a doctor...I am good at procrastinating though...it will get better and I won't think about it. I need to start keeping track of where it hurts....besides the aches and pains I inflict on myself during my martial arts training.

Thank you for your replies. For the most part I have been able to live with/deal with the pain. It does get the better of me at times (like now for instance). Some of my fellow martial artist are well versed in things like reiki and pressure point healing. The best thing that I have found that helps me is getting up off my butt and doing something. It takes the pressure off of my hips and lower spine and it helps to stretch out the muscles. With that being said I think I am going to take a break and walk around a wee bit.

If physical movement helps, I would do that. If it's night time and you are having trouble sleeping, I would suggest try :cigar::rainbow1:, but I am definitely no doctor!

Demonic Kitten

If physical movement helps, I would do that. If it's night time and you are having trouble sleeping, I would suggest try :cigar::rainbow1:, but I am definitely no doctor!

Sleeping is no problem...half the time sleep is my escape from the pain when all else fails.

Things are better today....well right now they are. I'll have to remember to get up every once and a while just to stretch.

Just_me_Mike

In many states Marijuana is becoming a hot topic with pain management. I believe it is one of the most natural and effective pain treatments available for many suffering. It helps people sleep better, eat better, and even workout better.

Take Michael Phelps the Olympic swimmer that kicked everybody's but, what do you think he does when he is training?

Many people joke about the drug, and point to a bunch of negatives. Once you look into the matter though, it becomes clear it has a great purpose for certain people.

Good luck.

Demonic Kitten

In many states Marijuana is becoming a hot topic with pain management. I believe it is one of the most natural and effective pain treatments available for many suffering. It helps people sleep better, eat better, and even workout better.

Take Michael Phelps the Olympic swimmer that kicked everybody's but, what do you think he does when he is training?

Many people joke about the drug, and point to a bunch of negatives. Once you look into the matter though, it becomes clear it has a great purpose for certain people.

Good luck.

The only thing I know about the drug is the fact that if they would legalize it and regulated it just like any other legal drug the US wouldn't be in the situation we are in...but this is my opinion and another conversation all together.

It is still illegal in my state and to be honest the thought of taking any drugs (legal or otherwise) makes me want to dig my heels in. That and I would be breaking one of the rules of my dojo. :)

Things will get better...they always do.

A

angellous_evangellous

Thank you! I haven't talked to my doctor very much about it. Once he starts listing the various test he would need to run I run....and now that I can't afford it...

Vote Democrat.

And I'd cruise the web for pain management sites. You don't have to know exactly what's wrong to manage pain.

Just_me_Mike

The only thing I know about the drug is the fact that if they would legalize it and regulated it just like any other legal drug the US wouldn't be in the situation we are in...but this is my opinion and another conversation all together.

It is still illegal in my state and to be honest the thought of taking any drugs (legal or otherwise) makes me want to dig my heels in. That and I would be breaking one of the rules of my dojo. :)

Things will get better...they always do.
While the bold part is noble of you, we are only human. We all cope in ways that work for us. Some can simply read books, some need a religion, and some need medication. Just be proud of who you are, and do what you think is best. Wish you the best.

Demonic Kitten

Vote Democrat.

And I'd cruise the web for pain management sites. You don't have to know exactly what's wrong to manage pain.

Now that is something I haven't thought about. Thank you for the suggestion.

itwillend said:
While the bold part is noble of you, we are only human. We all cope in ways that work for us. Some can simply read books, some need a religion, and some need medication. Just be proud of who you are, and do what you think is best. Wish you the best.

Thank you!

blackout

Violet.
Most of the time I just see my pain as my payment for living.

Hiya Kitten...

Forgive me for saying so, but this right here ^...
it is imperative you change this outlook/belief/arrangement with the UniVerse.

If it IS your payment for living,
you are ensuring that you will always be living with it.
(when what you really want is to live healed and pain free)

Some of my fellow martial artist are well versed in things like reiki and pressure point healing. The best thing that I have found that helps me is getting up off my butt and doing something. It takes the pressure off of my hips and lower spine and it helps to stretch out the muscles. With that being said I think I am going to take a break and walk around a wee bit.

Have you actually tried the reiki and pressure point healing?

From what you said here I would absolutely recommend chiropractic.
Regular chiropractic.
Adjustment & allignment of body, mind, spirit
with intent, will and action.
Total adjustment of the Self, in allignment with what you desire.

If you want to know about my story and what i did, have done, and am doing,
feel free to PM me. there seem to be many similarities between you and I.

~Violet~

Demonic Kitten

Just thought I would post an update. I have noticed that the amount of pain I'm in depends greatly on my mood. If I am in a positive mood the pain level decreases, but if I am in a negative mood my pain level increases. I have been struggling with a lot of personal issues in my life recently which has caused me to become broken...more on a spiritual level than anything else. I have a lot of demons to uncover and a lot of skeletons to shake out, but I believe that this is the first step into becoming a whole person physically, mentally, and spiritually.