• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I cannot cope with being religious

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
One thing that has been an issue with me is that I experienced way too many religions in such a short time. I do not stick to a religion I just learn about it and study it. For me it is about experiencing religions not becoming one of the adherents. I tend to sympathize yet simultaneously oppose all religions.
Is picking a religious or theological affiliation bad or is being overly eclectic a benefit of some kind?
I find it fun though since I can have fun with my own intellectual capabilities and learn which is the most fulfilling element possible out of a whole.

Peace be on you. Just asking, what is your attitude to other aspects of life? Steady or keep changing....Plz do not be offended.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Peace be on you. Just asking, what is your attitude to other aspects of life? Steady or keep changing....Plz do not be offended.

My attitude towards life in general has been the same since the day I was able to understand what life is. I do not change my mind on things although I tend to forget my own opinions on them.
I am a nihilist and pessimist thought which sums up my general opinion of life in general.

Kemble

Sha'irullah,

Have you considered that pessemism and nihilism may be shaping your expectations more than you acknowledge? Expectations shape perception and perception defines what happens around you in your life.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Sha'irullah,

Have you considered that pessemism and nihilism may be shaping your expectations more than you acknowledge? Expectations shape perception and perception defines what happens around you in your life.

Other way around. I am a pessimist and a nihilist because I cannot prove the opposite. I simply accept and live my life

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
One thing that has been an issue with me is that I experienced way too many religions in such a short time. I do not stick to a religion I just learn about it and study it. For me it is about experiencing religions not becoming one of the adherents. I tend to sympathize yet simultaneously oppose all religions.
Is picking a religious or theological affiliation bad or is being overly eclectic a benefit of some kind?
I find it fun though since I can have fun with my own intellectual capabilities and learn which is the most fulfilling element possible out of a whole.

It seems that you need to take it more seriously.
It is your destiny.
It is no JOKE.

Setepenaset

Follower of Isis

I'm the same way. I've wandered thru about 5 or 6 religions over the course of my life, and started getting tired of changing affiliations every few years, so I recently decided to stop using religious labels altogether. I'm not Christian, Muslim or Hindu, I'm neither a theist nor an atheist (I believe in the inherent divinity of man). I'm just "me". I have some definite beliefs, and a few that are changeable, but no religion seems to fit well enough for me to want to stick with it.
I still use the label "Osho Sannyasin" because that's not really a religion, it's more a philosophy of life.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I'm the same way. I've wandered thru about 5 or 6 religions over the course of my life, and started getting tired of changing affiliations every few years, so I recently decided to stop using religious labels altogether. I'm not Christian, Muslim or Hindu, I'm neither a theist nor an atheist (I believe in the inherent divinity of man). I'm just "me". I have some definite beliefs, and a few that are changeable, but no religion seems to fit well enough for me to want to stick with it.
I still use the label "Osho Sannyasin" because that's not really a religion, it's more a philosophy of life.

I have just stopped caring about theism a month ago. It is just becoming more and more irrelevant now. I am molding into myself finally and have begun to stop caring altogether now. Feels rather nice for once especially since I have given up on religion and have come to peace with it. I am more interested int he philosophy of religion instead of religious claims and mythology.

Sabour

Can you tell us about your full journey to Islam? I am interested in knowing. That is of course if you want.

abinormal

I liked what you wrote under your username "I'm sick of it all", I think that was it, or close. That's how I feel. I don't even want to look at religions after my experiences in the christian beliefs/church. I'm sick of it, and so, I avoid the others as well. I don't have any interest in studying religions, but I am definitely into "wondering". I like to "think" about things, and ponder the "what ifs" or the "could it be's". Just don't have any faith in man-made writings etc.

Maybe my head will move another direction one day, only been out of the bible, and stopped mingling with it's followers about a year ago now. Hah, a baby-non-believer;)

CEMB

I liked what you wrote under your username "I'm sick of it all", I think that was it, or close. That's how I feel. I don't even want to look at religions after my experiences in the christian beliefs/church. I'm sick of it, and so, I avoid the others as well. I don't have any interest in studying religions, but I am definitely into "wondering". I like to "think" about things, and ponder the "what ifs" or the "could it be's". Just don't have any faith in man-made writings etc.

Maybe my head will move another direction one day, only been out of the bible, and stopped mingling with it's followers about a year ago now. Hah, a baby-non-believer;)

Anger with (some) organised religions seems to be a recurring theme of many posts on this forum. Disappointing you had to experience this and that it turned you away from religion. Religion is only a guide though, not a gate-keeper. Nobody can deny your relationship with God except you.

abinormal

Anger with (some) organised religions seems to be a recurring theme of many posts on this forum. Disappointing you had to experience this and that it turned you away from religion. Religion is only a guide though, not a gate-keeper. Nobody can deny your relationship with God except you.

I'll clear it up a bit, no person will convince me there is a god by talking about one, or by telling me I'm in some, sort of denial.

Last edited:

CEMB

I'll clear it up a bit, no person will convince me there is a god by talking about one, or by telling me I'm in some, sort of denial.

I should clarify my statement as well. The point I was trying to make was that a religion can help a person understand God, but a religion cannot deny a person's relationship with God. I wasn't trying to say you are in denial or convince you God exists or not. That is your decision. I don't know what you have experienced. I wasn't judging you. I apologise if it seemed I was.

abinormal

I appreciate that, and thank you. It's easy to misunderstand (for me) sometimes, when you don't know people, especially online:)

CEMB

I appreciate that, and thank you. It's easy to misunderstand (for me) sometimes, when you don't know people, especially online:)

Thanks for accepting my apology. Do you still believe in some mystery though? Something beyond what you can see and hear? That there is something more?

K786

So whats your general opinion of life? What is the purpose of life? What happens after you die? Why are you still sttudying religions if you don't believe in any? Just asking out of curiosity

JamesYaqub

Nobody Special

Religions are man made, all of them. God has never made nor does she have any religious preference. In the spirit universe, which is our true and eternal home, there are none. They are of this Earth only. I have found that one may seek and worship God independently. Why not give it a try? Of course you'd have to make up your own theology and practice but it could be done and imagine the new found freedoms!!! The down side is not for you but for those who pass the collection basket each Sunday.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Religions are man made, all of them. God has never made nor does she have any religious preference. In the spirit universe, which is our true and eternal home, there are none. They are of this Earth only. I have found that one may seek and worship God independently. Why not give it a try? Of course you'd have to make up your own theology and practice but it could be done and imagine the new found freedoms!!! The down side is not for you but for those who pass the collection basket each Sunday.

News flash . . . I am an atheist. :D

JamesYaqub

Nobody Special
News flash . . . I am an atheist. :D

Some believe that there cannot be a spiritual universe without first there being a god. Others disagree. Some atheists will allow for a higher existence and some think that this Earth is all that is. Some believe in "spirit" while still disallowing any god. Which type of atheist are you?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Some believe that there cannot be a spiritual universe without first there being a god. Others disagree. Some atheists will allow for a higher existence and some think that this Earth is all that is. Some believe in "spirit" while still disallowing any god. Which type of atheist are you?

There is us and that is it. No higher power and no supernatural gibberish