• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Judaism is absolute true

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
It sure sounded like it. It's why I referred you to @Rival. You can also google more on it.

I thought that to be Noahide one have to believe that only Judaism is the truth?

So you mean, for example, that as long as you are a monotheist, that you believe in one God, you are a noahide no matter what religion you follow?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought that to be Noahide one have to believe that only Judaism is the truth?

So you mean, for example, that as long as you are a monotheist, that you believe in one God, you are a noahide no matter what religion you follow?
You need to believe Judaism is the true religion, accept their scriptures, etc. Basically it's Jewish belief without being Jewish.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

It depends on what you mean by "is the only truth." As a Jew, I can accept others being in other religions, especially the monotheistic ones. I have no problem with people being Muslims, for example. In fact, I believe that Maimonides considered Muslims to be Noachide. Now if I as a Jew have that freedom, why wouldn't a Noachide have it any different? But @Rival is the one who knows the ins and outs. I would direct my questions to him.

Starlight

You need to believe Judaism is the true religion, accept their scriptures, etc. Basically it's Jewish belief without being Jewish.
But can a noahide believe other monotheistic religions also is from God in addition to Judaism?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just from a cursory googling, Zoroastrianism began around the 6th century BCE, whereas Abraham lived circa 2000 BCE.

Zoroastrianism began closer to 10 century bce, but didn't become the official religion of the Persian empire until around 6th to 5th century bce

The first 5 books of the Torah complete between the 6th and 5th centuries bce. I believe this denotes the start of Judaism

Messianic Israelite

I believe Judaism is absolute true. Why? Because Judaism is the first of the Abrahamic religion that believes in the one true God. I believe God wants us to love, serve and worship the one true God:

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One. And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6 (In the old testament/jewish Tanakh)

Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:18 (In the old testament/Jewish Tanakh)

As you read above it was from the Tanakh/old testament Jesus got his teaching about you shalt love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. And the second is like unto it, you shalt love your neighbour as yourself (Matthew 22:36-40 in the New testament).

He got that teaching from the jewish Tanakh. Jesus was a jew.

I believe that because of judaism monotheism became more and more popular in this world, because of judaism the world got the ten commandments and I believe the ten commandmands is good ethical rules and commen sense. I believe that because of judaism this world became kinder to each other and had good ethical rules. And I believe because of judaism more people of this world understood that all humans is God's creation. And that all humans are equal.

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.

What do you think about this? Any thoughts?
Hi meandflower. Yahshua the Messiah was a Jew, but he sharply criticised the Pharisees and the Sadducees of his time. He said they have undone the weightier matters of the Law in Matthew 23:23. Judaism rejects the Messiah. That's why I couldn't be a Jew. Further, they have added to the Law of Yahweh. They say you need a fence around the Law, but the Law is the fence.

IndigoChild5559

Zoroastrianism began closer to 10 century bce, but didn't become the official religion of the Persian empire until around 6th to 5th century bce

The first 5 books of the Torah complete between the 6th and 5th centuries bce. I believe this denotes the start of Judaism
No, you can't say Judaism began with the final editing of the torah. Judaism's rituals and laws were in place long before that. You can either say it began with Abraham, with his commitment to ethical monotheism, circa 2000 BCE, or with the giving of the law through Moses around 1300 BCE.

As far as Zoroastrianism goes, I simply googled its start date. "Zoroastrianism, the dominant pre-Islamic religious tradition of the Iranian peoples, was founded by the prophetic reformer Zoroaster in the 6th or 7th century BCE." https://depts.washington.edu/silkro...the dominant pre-Islamic,BCE (if not earlier).

IndigoChild5559

But if muslims are hoahide, then Baha'i, Sikhism are noahide too?
The same logic would apply to Baha/i. I don't know enough about Sikhism. Rival says that conservative opinions rule out Muslims et al. But of course not all opinions are conservative.

Clara Tea

I believe Judaism is absolute true. Why? Because Judaism is the first of the Abrahamic religion that believes in the one true God. I believe God wants us to love, serve and worship the one true God:

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One. And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6 (In the old testament/jewish Tanakh)

Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:18 (In the old testament/Jewish Tanakh)

As you read above it was from the Tanakh/old testament Jesus got his teaching about you shalt love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. And the second is like unto it, you shalt love your neighbour as yourself (Matthew 22:36-40 in the New testament).

He got that teaching from the jewish Tanakh. Jesus was a jew.

I believe that because of judaism monotheism became more and more popular in this world, because of judaism the world got the ten commandments and I believe the ten commandmands is good ethical rules and commen sense. I believe that because of judaism this world became kinder to each other and had good ethical rules. And I believe because of judaism more people of this world understood that all humans is God's creation. And that all humans are equal.

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.

What do you think about this? Any thoughts?

Are you saying that Judaism started as a false religion, with a false bible, but, as soon as they dropped the other Gods, and picked just one, it became a true religion? Then, how did the bible get true?

I believe that Jews need a homeland, and that Israel is that land. But lets not forget history. You said that because of Judaism the world got kinder. If so, was it because God told Jews to kill the Canaanites (to make the world more peaceful by getting rid of people who owned the land)?

The ten commandments are not the only ethical or humane rules of the Jews. There are also dietary rules....rules about not eating the flesh of an animal and drinking its milk at the same meal (too cruel to do so....it reminds them of compassion). There are rules about quickly killing chickens so they don't suffer. Why don''t Christians adopt similar rules?

Though some of the rules of Jews transferred to Christians and Muslims, they are not put into effect. For example "thou shalt not kill" though we have wars and a torture camp in Guantanamo. "Thou shalt not bear false witness" while W. Bush was talking about Dr. Evil and Dr. Death as he was pretending to fight the mythical Axis of Evil.

Rules are great, but if no one follows them, they are useless.

Should Christians switch to a Friday night to Saturday night Sabbath (instead of Sunday?)?

Just wait until Clara Tea staggers down a tall mountain, under the weight of rules to live by (they should carve something other than stone.....10,000 rules).

Starlight

The same logic would apply to Baha/i. I don't know enough about Sikhism. Rival says that conservative opinions rule out Muslims et al. But of course not all opinions are conservative.

Sikhism is a monoteistic dharmic religion. It is similar to hinduism since both religions believe in recarnation and karma but hinduism beliefs in many gods. Sikhism only believes in one God. They are strict monotheistic.

Starlight

Are you saying that Judaism started as a false religion, with a false bible, but, as soon as they dropped the other Gods, and picked just one, it became a true religion? Then, how did the bible get true?

I believe that Jews need a homeland, and that Israel is that land. But lets not forget history. You said that because of Judaism the world got kinder. If so, was it because God told Jews to kill the Canaanites (to make the world more peaceful by getting rid of people who owned the land)?

The ten commandments are not the only ethical or humane rules of the Jews. There are also dietary rules....rules about not eating the flesh of an animal and drinking its milk at the same meal (too cruel to do so....it reminds them of compassion). There are rules about quickly killing chickens so they don't suffer. Why don''t Christians adopt similar rules?

Though some of the rules of Jews transferred to Christians and Muslims, they are not put into effect. For example "thou shalt not kill" though we have wars and a torture camp in Guantanamo. "Thou shalt not bear false witness" while W. Bush was talking about Dr. Evil and Dr. Death as he was pretending to fight the mythical Axis of Evil.

Rules are great, but if no one follows them, they are useless.

Should Christians switch to a Friday night to Saturday night Sabbath (instead of Sunday?)?

Just wait until Clara Tea staggers down a tall mountain, under the weight of rules to live by (they should carve something other than stone.....10,000 rules).
Judaism began with the prophet Abraham receiving a message from the One true God. So Judaism has never believed or worshiped many gods.

Christianity does not follow the other rules that Jews follow, most likely because of these two verses in the New Testament:

Matthew 6: 25-33: “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? [G]
28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' Or 'What shall we drink?' Or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.

Matthew 15:11: It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.

People have free will. It is not God's fault that people kill each other, lie, commit violence. God has given laws about how to be a good person, and it is up to us whether we choose to follow them or not

I think Christians should switch to a Friday night to Saturday night Sabbath. Jesus never said to not to keep the Sabbath. Jesus never said that we should not follow the Sabbath. Jesus just thought that Jews in his day followed the Sabbath too strictly.

Mark 2:24-28
One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”
He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26 In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

He was not against the Sabbath. I think he wanted us to follow the Sabbath. Sunday as a day of rest is something church invented

Jesus also believed in one God. A God who is person. Strict monotheism Jesus did not believe in a three-person in one God (trinity). The Trinity was inventet by the church over 300 years after Jesus' death.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This is where we disagree, because Jesus wasn't even a prophet according to Judaism.
Yes, I remember discussing this this before with some Jewish posters on another forum some time ago.
As I recall they told me they believe that there would be no more prophets after a certain prophet who was to be the last prophet as delineated in their scriptures. They cited that prophet's name but I forgot his name.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, I remember discussing this this before with some Jewish posters on another forum some time ago.
As I recall they told me they believe that there would be no more prophets after a certain prophet who was to be the last prophet as delineated in their scriptures. They cited that prophet's name but I forgot his name.
Yeah, I think we spoke about this previously on RF. The last biblical prophets were Chaggai, Zechariah and Malachi. After their death, prophecy ended, and it was foretold that it would return in the future. It has not yet returned. Thus, Jesus was not a prophet.

IndigoChild5559

Sikhism is a monoteistic dharmic religion. It is similar to hinduism since both religions believe in recarnation and karma but hinduism beliefs in many gods. Sikhism only believes in one God. They are strict monotheistic.
Thank you. Always nice to learn something new.