• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

*[I believe] Atheism is an absurd worldview

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
How did I know it wouldn't be about our conversation?

Yes, Thank you. Did you know I had to look up explicit and untenable? You are talking about @leibowde84.
Neither side is able to defend belief or non-belief imo.

Is it about what I said? You quoted me @q konn

I was summing up the inference from the arguments/?/. There isn't much point in asking a question when I know the standard argument or statement that will commence. The fact is, if one understands the flaws in such atheism arguments, they will change their positions.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Yes, Thank you. Did you know I had to look up explicit and untenable? You are talking about @leibowde84.

Non belief, being merely the absence of belief, can easily be supported by the idea of prudence. Withholding belief until convinced with evidence. What's the harm in that?

skl

A man on a mission

This is getting to confusing and some nut could make it political. You either do not believe that gods and deities exist and are simply an atheist, if you want to fence sit or do not believe that gods can or cannot be proven or any other of various views then take any of the other options such as agnostic, irreligious, nontheism, naturalism or non-believer. However, if you want to be on the offensive you could call yourself anti-theism. Confusing because if you do not believe gods and deities exist and call yourself atheist you may be thought as believing in ghosts, phantoms and spirits. This is simply ridiculous because they are also invented by humans so now to prove you do not believe in these apparitions you have to believe in naturalism or become a naturalist….that may become a little more confusing because I understand naturalists take all their clothes off down at the beach!!!???

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is getting to confusing and some nut could make it political. You either do not believe that gods and deities exist and are simply an atheist, if you want to fence sit or do not believe that gods can or cannot be proven or any other of various views then take any of the other options such as agnostic, irreligious, nontheism, naturalism or non-believer. However, if you want to be on the offensive you could call yourself anti-theism. Confusing because if you do not believe gods and deities exist and call yourself atheist you may be thought as believing in ghosts, phantoms and spirits. This is simply ridiculous because they are also invented by humans so now to prove you do not believe in these apparitions you have to believe in naturalism or become a naturalist….that may become a little more confusing because I understand naturalists take all their clothes off down at the beach!!!???
I know for a fact that God is real to believers. Real is what matters. Is it not?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Real means existing for a fact. God exists for the people who believe it. Not wishy-washy believing. True believing.
God is able to affect the lives of believers. Is able means real.
Ah, so if unicorns make a person feel good, they are real as well, right?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Real means existing for a fact. God exists for the people who believe it. Not wishy-washy believing. True believing.
God is able to affect the lives of believers. Is able means real.
Seems that you will need to define "existing"
I mean, Santa Claus exists, as well as the Loch Ness Monster, and the Jersey Devil, etc. in concept.
Is that what you mean by exist?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Seems that you will need to define "existing"
I mean, Santa Claus exists, as well as the Loch Ness Monster, and the Jersey Devil, etc. in concept.
Is that what you mean by exist?
Yes. They also exist like God exists. Good for you! Now what?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So it is because so few people do things in the name of unicorns?
I suppose someone might have done something for a unicorn. I had not thought of that. I shall call you fast.
When the person who served unicorns died the unicorns dies with him. God does not die.

skl

A man on a mission
I suppose someone might have done something for a unicorn. I had not thought of that. I shall call you fast.
When the person who served unicorns died the unicorns dies with him. God does not die.

I find it intrinsically bizarre that anyone can without substantial evidence to base a belief or without using their capacity to deduct what is humanly possible and physically logical can perceive that anything such as any god like monocracy or regime exists or ever existed in any shape or form.

There is good reason to believe something of this nature exists within the human mind exploiting similar vulnerable emotional expressions and connections we normally use for secular circumstances but have been seeded regularly by traditional religious organisations throughout the generations of human development.

Just because something is marketed on a regular basis does not make it true. No matter how good the marketing of a company’s product the claims are often inflated and untrue, for example a real McDonalds burger is never anything like the picture advertising a McDonalds burger.

The difference is religions do not depend on any physical attributes to market their product because nothing exists in that sense, however they target the emotional attributes of the public and everything they say automatically becomes true to those who accept the offer, something these companies with products to market in the real world realise as the ultimate achievement in advertising.

The changes in world views politically, socially, scientifically and religiously have opened the doors for changes and people are now realising what has been going on for so long.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I find it intrinsically bizarre that anyone can without substantial evidence to base a belief or without using their capacity to deduct what is humanly possible and physically logical can perceive that anything such as any god like monocracy or regime exists or ever existed in any shape or form.
You believe something with no proof. You say no one has "substantial evidence" but I do, and I trust others who say they do too.
Then I hear the challenge to give you my proof. That is like asking a person who has seen a movie to play it for you. It is not possible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Make up your mind.
About what please?
Whether gods exist only in people's imagination or not? I say they exist for the most part in people's minds.
But I think the mind is able to make things true.
Have you never read, "in the place of your father there will be your son"?
Santa Claus exists only if people exist. God exists with people or without people. See Genesis. OK?

Some gods have to be physical because they handle physical things. God is Spirit. So God is different than other imagined things.

Last edited: