• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am....

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm a gardener chili
g.png
I think you grow chili peppers

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not going to read the Governing Body thread any longer. But I shouldn't say, but I will, the participants seem to think they know what they are talking about and they don't even know the truth about what is written in The Bible about "too many words".
Matthew 12:36 ESV / 48 helpful votes
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak
Proverbs 25:11 ESV / 37 helpful votes
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver
Proverbs 16:24 ESV / 31 helpful votes
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body
Proverbs 29:20 ESV / 30 helpful votes
Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
Ecclesiastes 10:12 ESV / 21 helpful votes
The words of a wise man's mouth win him favor, but the lips of a fool consume him
Proverbs 10:19 ESV / 19 helpful votes
When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent
2 Timothy 2:14 ESV / 18 helpful votes
Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers
Ecclesiastes 12:11 ESV / 15 helpful votes
The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings; they are given by one Shepherd
Proverbs 18:21 ESV / 13 helpful votes
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits
Ephesians 5:6 ESV / 12 helpful votes
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
James 3:6-10 ESV / 9 helpful votes
And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so.
Romans 16:18 ESV / 8 helpful votes
For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive
Job 38:2 ESV / 8 helpful votes
“Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
Matthew 15:11 ESV / 7 helpful votes
It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.
Ecclesiastes 5:3 ESV / 7 helpful votes
For a dream comes with much business, and a fool's voice with many words.

What Does the Bible Say About Words?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am sure that the Jehovah's Witnesses are not a bad lot but they use propaganda and I hate propaganda. They advertise the fact that Jehovah's Witnesses were treated as enemies of the Nazis and were tortured and killed but they NEVER will let anyone know that before the carnage started the organisers of the JWs showed faith in Naxi Germany. Didn't Jesus Christ who leads them know what Germany was about to do?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK so I am tending towards reading sigh some long rhetoric. Or maybe I just want to see if it is long or short for a change.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It isn't. I counted the lines. I count things. Mostly stairs. 33 I counted. I am not going to read it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am tempted to read that thread again and I did. But not some of the people. Sometimes I just check it to see if at all possible they might use fewer words. Usually not though. I do not know how many times they think they must say something for it to come true.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am disappointed that there are only two kinds of people where the Bible is concerned. One kind believes it is as good as God and the other kind can do without it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am wasting my time again so I think I shall go for another view, for the count. Thank you (because you can see this).

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am unhappy about the fact that the people who I wish to talk to won't listen and the people who do listen do not need to hear what I am saying. I am sorry.