• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am having a heart catheterization

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
mrscardero said:
I am having EMG, stress test, blood work, and they are giving me a heart monitor Monday all in the same day. If you want, I can share my heart with you after I give it a reast. I don't know if it will help you any though. Seems to be crying right now
animated_heart_head_crying.gif
Hang in there! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well! I have to wait to give you healthy heart frubals but in the meantime...here...here's a hug:hug: .

:)

Pah

Uber all member
Bangbang said:
My Doc says I have a weak heart and possibly a cardiomyopathy. I will know more in a couple weeks. Does someone have a heart for me?:biglaugh:
Let me give you a bit of hope - I've cardiomyopathy since Dec 1983.

The worst part of a catheter test is the lying on your back for hours while the wound in the vein (where they normally insert the cath) closes and heals. The worst part of the procedure is when the stick the area on your leg with a local anethesia and when they inject one type of dye (it may give you a bit of nausea or make you dizzy). Otherwise you will not feel a thing - nothing - zip - nada - even though you'll be awake.

I have to tell you though, I enjoyed the chance to watch medicine at work. The display screen was visible to me and I could watch the procedure from beginning to end. That, of course, will vary from person to person. What is common to all is that you will be in good hands and you can put your trust in the experience of the staff.

Good luck and don't worry!

FFH

Veteran Member
I just prayed for you, and will pray for you, so that when you go have your heart checked, they will not find anything wrong with your heart.

Bangbang

FFH said:
I just prayed for you, and will pray for you, so that when you go have your heart checked, they will not find anything wrong with your heart.
Maybe I don't have one.:biglaugh:

Bangbang

Pah said:
Let me give you a bit of hope - I've cardiomyopathy since Dec 1983.

The worst part of a catheter test is the lying on your back for hours while the wound in the vein (where they normally insert the cath) closes and heals. The worst part of the procedure is when the stick the area on your leg with a local anethesia and when they inject one type of dye (it may give you a bit of nausea or make you dizzy). Otherwise you will not feel a thing - nothing - zip - nada - even though you'll be awake.

I have to tell you though, I enjoyed the chance to watch medicine at work. The display screen was visible to me and I could watch the procedure from beginning to end. That, of course, will vary from person to person. What is common to all is that you will be in good hands and you can put your trust in the experience of the staff.

Good luck and don't worry!

How are you doing with the cardiomyopathy?

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Bangbang said:
Hope everything is ok with you. This sucks!.........are you having any symptoms?
They are testing me for other things to see if there is anything wrong with the valves because I was having dizzy spells. Now I just have the 24/7 headache. I guess it's routeen to check the heart as well.

But let me tell you..heart monitor sure is itchy...
scratching_dog.gif

Hope things go well for you and soon. It's stinks having to get tested and then wait for the results.
waiting.gif

Pah

Uber all member
Bangbang said:
How are you doing with the cardiomyopathy?
Cardiomyopathy is a blanket term for sickness with the heart muscle. It includes an enlarged heart. That's what I have. When the "pumping" action is below normal, the heart enlarges to compensate. The "pumping" was compromised by an aneurysm caused by scar tissue from a heart attack.

I'm doing fine! It's been this way since 1984 or 85.

You'll do fine too!