• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am apprehensive of future US Elections

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Liberals only, please.

After reading posts on various platforms (including this one), I am shocked by how many people would support faithless electors and other shady means of maintaining the White House. This makes me uneasy about future elections.

It is no surprise to anyone reading this that the current administration has tossed aside all political process because none of it matters unless it benefits them. What has really surprised me is how many every day people support it. Up to and including usurping the Executive Branch.

I am genuinely concerned that the Republicans will continue to sidestep political processes and pander to the extreme right. Think about it. Biden is a compromise of the left. He is not progressive but we had to settle because... well... we had to. The right? Trump is the most authoritarian Republican I have seen in the last 15 years or so. What's worse? That model of Republican isn't going way, in fact, it is growing more and more popular with the right. Meaning, the Republican politicians will continue to pander to that desire and this won't stop.

The left is moving more and more into the center while the right continues to push further and further right; more authoritarian. Where are the moderate Republicans? Everyone keeps talking about bipartisanship but all I see is an out of control wing of American politics with no real check because the American right demands it.

I do not see this getting any better and I have to start asking myself: "Is being a citizen of this country really in my best interest?" The more I think about it, the more tempting it is to being researching visas for other nations.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The US is in tough times. And I've thought of moving to Canada. Even if I do find Canada a bit native (close to the US I mean). I actually like conservative Democrats in general. I consider myself to be one or a light progressive. But characters like Pelosi and others aren't just conservative Democrats, they're "establishment Democrats". I'm not sure if I can list every reason why I dislike establishment Democrats, but one of them is the repetitive patterns they get into - like Pelosi thinking she can teach Trump things through her own authoritarianism while wearing foggy glasses, metaphorically speaking of course, causing her not to see continually that Trump doesn't learn, and that if you try to stoop lower than Trump, that he'll often beat you with experience.

I wouldn't let the voting percentage statistic get to you though. By the time all votes are counted, the total should be +4% ahead for Biden. We beat a sitting President and he so far didn't get reelection. There have only ever been 10-12 US Presidents that didn't get reelection.

JIMMY12345

I am genuinely concerned that the Republicans will continue to sidestep political processes and pander to the extreme right. Think about it. Biden is a compromise of the left. He is not progressive but we had to settle because... well... we had to. The right? Trump is the most authoritarian Republican I have seen in the last 15 years or so. What's worse? That model of Republican isn't going way, in fact, it is growing more and more popular with the right. Meaning, the Republican politicians will continue to pander to that desire and this won't stop.
I would not unduly worry. While quick to say there is no evidence there was anything untoward or illegal. Mr Trump probably had significant contributions from Russian Business interests. The Russian Parliament applauded when they heard Trump won the election. A testament perhaps to his enduring popularity with the left. Mr Trump has made supportive comments on the Russian incursion into Ukraine. Again this is his right .We live in a democracy. He has his point to make.
The Republican has a love hate affair with Trump. For the next election and election s are mentally and physically exhausting. It probably calls for a younger man. Mr Trumps does however have an electoral asset. Its major. Its advertising money. This wins wins elections. For the Republicans he is still " Numero Uno".". He uses his charming skills to extract half of the funding needing by the Republicans. This endears him to the Republican party. It also ensures a permanent stranglehold.

ps If you want more info and a good bedtime book get "Putin's People" by Catherine Belton" You will not fall asleep.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Trump is a fascist like Putin, does not bode well for America