• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a sex change what now?

Kindred spirit

Assalamualaikum Im a muslim and I hope to get a kind answer as where should I head to now onwards. Ive open a door for myself and so many doors being slammed to my face and Im being left there to my own devices. Ive read the quran over and over and Im searching for hadiths even islam history and hoping in the merciful hand of Allah so that I can feel belong to my religion. I believe in Allah and the Prophet Muhammad. I believe everyone did sin one ways or the others and I believe Allah is all forgiving and islam is just, its just hard to find justice now a days. Every where I go to get answers I felt shun as if Im not relevant. My questions are.
Can I live as a muslimah? How do I pray to Allah? All I want is to be a good person who practice my religion. Why cant people let Allah judge me just as they will be judge too on the day of judgement.

Last edited:

Sahar

Wa'alikum assalam,
Why cant people let Allah judge me just as they will be judge too on the day of judgement.
Then I guess let Allah judge you and don't pay much attention to people's judgments.

I believe everyone did sin one ways or the others and I believe Allah is all forgiving and islam is just, its just hard to find justice now a days.
You are right, justice is a rare coin in this worldly life but as you said Allah the Just, the Merciful is our only comfort and consolation. We will keep sinning until we die, and thus we should keep asking for His forgiveness and pleasure until death. Thank God that God is All-Forgiving. "When you approach God by an arm's length, He approaches you by two, and if you come to Him walking, He comes to you running"...as mentioned in the Qudsi Hadith.

All I want is to be a good person who practice my religion.
May Allah give you strength and peace of mind and heart.

Last edited:

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Assalamualaikum Im a muslim and I hope to get a kind answer as where should I head to now onwards. Ive open a door for myself and so many doors being slammed to my face and Im being left there to my own devices. Ive read the quran over and over and Im searching for hadiths even islam history and hoping in the merciful hand of Allah so that I can feel belong to my religion. I believe in Allah and the Prophet Muhammad. I believe everyone did sin one ways or the others and I believe Allah is all forgiving and islam is just, its just hard to find justice now a days. Every where I go to get answers I felt shun as if Im not relevant. My questions are.

Wa `alaikum salam sister :)
Alhamdulillah we have a Merciful Allah who is so forgiving. We are humans and we do sin, but the best of sinners are the ones who repent. Allah loves those who turn to Him in repentance and accept them and forgive them.

Can I live as a muslimah? How do I pray to Allah? All I want is to be a good person who practice my religion. Why cant people let Allah judge me just as they will be judge too on the day of judgement.

Are you a new convert or born a Muslim?
Yes, you can live as a pious Muslimah and you pray as Muslims pray. Have you never prayed before?
You can be a good pious Muslim and practice your religion as it is required from you. Don't care about what people say, just turn to Allah who is the only Just Judge!!
May Allah help you to be a pious practicing Muslim and be your support!!

Eid Mubarak full of blessings!! :)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

What do you mean by sex change ?

Kindred spirit

Wa'alikum assalam,

Then I guess let Allah judge you and don't pay much attention to people's judgments.

You are right, justice is a rare coin in this worldly life but as you said Allah the Just, the Merciful is our only comfort and consolation. We will keep sinning until we die, and thus we should keep asking for His forgiveness and pleasure until death. Thank God that God is All-Forgiving. "When you approach God by an arm's length, He approaches you by two, and if you come to Him walking, He comes to you running"...as mentioned in the Qudsi Hadith.

May Allah give you strength and peace of mind and heart.

Wa `alaikum salam sister
Alhamdulillah we have a Merciful Allah who is so forgiving. We are humans and we do sin, but the best of sinners are the ones who repent. Allah loves those who turn to Him in repentance and accept them and forgive them.

Are you a new convert or born a Muslim?
Yes, you can live as a pious Muslimah and you pray as Muslims pray. Have you never prayed before?
You can be a good pious Muslim and practice your religion as it is required from you. Don't care about what people say, just turn to Allah who is the only Just Judge!!
May Allah help you to be a pious practicing Muslim and be your support!!

Eid Mubarak full of blessings!!

Mashallah thank you sisters I really appreciates your kind comments, its really give hopes to me in wanting to be in the right path when no one wants to show the way and leave me hanging as if there is no other ways but accept!!.

By the way eid mubarak to all muslim and muslimah here Im not able to reply soon because such occasions always makes me sad and lonely.

Iam born a muslim and I have been searching for answers everywhere and being always questioning myself with why me, is islam really just and why does Allah create me. I couldnt understand from the answers that I get from peoples whom I thought knew islam because the answers always contridicting my believe that Allah is Al Majeed and many more.
After reading the quran I finally get the answers I needed and it truly bring me closer to Allah and understanding islam, alhamdullilah.

2 questions:
1) does one read the quran as literary as it is or one need to understanding it as broad as one can without leaving logic
2 Allah bestowed intelligence and reasoning but when does reasoning comes to work when intelligence already at play

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Mashallah thank you sisters I really appreciates your kind comments, its really give hopes to me in wanting to be in the right path when no one wants to show the way and leave me hanging as if there is no other ways but accept!!.

By the way eid mubarak to all muslim and muslimah here Im not able to reply soon because such occasions always makes me sad and lonely.

Iam born a muslim and I have been searching for answers everywhere and being always questioning myself with why me, is islam really just and why does Allah create me. I couldnt understand from the answers that I get from peoples whom I thought knew islam because the answers always contridicting my believe that Allah is Al Majeed and many more.
After reading the quran I finally get the answers I needed and it truly bring me closer to Allah and understanding islam, alhamdullilah.

2 questions:
1) does one read the quran as literary as it is or one need to understanding it as broad as one can without leaving logic
2 Allah bestowed intelligence and reasoning but when does reasoning comes to work when intelligence already at play

I like to believe that Allah (swt) can us our minds so that we can use them. You should try to read the Quran in a way that it is harmonious with other verses and makes sense. The Holy Quran has the key distinction of being given the wisdom along with the teaching. Prior scriptures would lack the wisdom behind the teachings. This makes the Holy Quran really fascinating. Are there particular parts you are confused about. Orthodox Muslims like to approach all parts that are beyond their reason as miracles that break reasoning. I myself rather like to understand it only like it is told. I make sure that my understanding does not contradict other verses of the Holy Quran.

If there are particular parts you want to look into please share. That way we can show you our different perspectives on it.

Kindred spirit

I like to believe that Allah (swt) can us our minds so that we can use them. You should try to read the Quran in a way that it is harmonious with other verses and makes sense. The Holy Quran has the key distinction of being given the wisdom along with the teaching. Prior scriptures would lack the wisdom behind the teachings. This makes the Holy Quran really fascinating. Are there particular parts you are confused about. Orthodox Muslims like to approach all parts that are beyond their reason as miracles that break reasoning. I myself rather like to understand it only like it is told. I make sure that my understanding does not contradict other verses of the Holy Quran.

If there are particular parts you want to look into please share. That way we can show you our different perspectives on it.

Indeed I fully agrees with you although I havent finish reading the whole quran still reading it at first does makes me think harder and think harder and at times it may seems like it swing to one side and then it swing to the other side but then somewhere down the line while reading it and trying to make sense of it I realises it actually balancing each others, it doesnt contradict each others, I think thats the essence. It swings and covers every sides but gets back to the center and that center is the main of the quran teaching. Its reading and understanding the quran as a whole rather than using which surats exclusively.**(correct me if im wrong here).
Its hard to explain I hope I get that explaination right with my description as how it see and feel it, after all it all came from Allah : The one and only God, creator and sustainer of the universe.

Bismillah

Submit
Wa alaikum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

If you believe in Islam then you are indeed a muslimah.

Prayer is called salah. As a Muslim you are obligated to pray five times a day. This website may be of some use. Additionally you can pray additional prayers as well as supplications (called duas).

You may read the arabic from a piece of paper

Ahmed Kutty said:
If you are new to Islam and you haven’t memorized anything yet, you may pray while reading from a book or written paper. But you should discontinue this practice as soon as you have learned the basic minimum elements required for fard (obligatory) Prayer.
If you find yourself unable to say these except by looking in a book, you can do so until such time that you are able to recite them from memory. It is important for us to know that Allah does not burden us with tasks which are beyond our abilities.
The basic minimum required reading in salah consists of Surat al-Fatihah and some short surahs, such as the three last surahs of the Qur’an, in addition to what is listed below:

1. Subhana rabbiya al-`azeem (glory be to my Lord, the Great) three times in ruku` (while bowing)

2. Sami`a Allahu liman hamidah (Allah hears those who praise Him) while rising from ruku`

3. Rabbana laka al-hamdu (Our Lord, all praise is Yours) after rising from ruku`

4. Subhana rabbiya al-a`la (Glory be to my Lord, the Most High) while in sujud (prostration)

5. At-tahhiyyat or tashahhud while sitting after two rak`ahs or in the final rak`ah before salam, (which one can read from a book)

This is for your formal prayers, you may read your duas in English. There are specific and eloquent duas that you may search, in both English and Arabic, that move and appeal to you so that you wish to use them, however they can be entirely in your words. Also in times of distress praying outside and in sajood. I pray either for forgiveness or thankfulness and do so because I feel most humble and sincere in my prayer, there is a saying that man is most close to God in sajood

You may also be interested in Salat Istikhara as it is precisely for such trying times.

The people you speak of are sadly all too common and often this has to do with a certain backwards cultural attitude especially to things they are not comfortable with. Sister I must warn you, you may be met with hostility and ignorance use discretion when talking about your past and when confronted with others.

The Qur'an says of such people

For, [true] servants of the Most Gracious are [only] they who walk gently on earth, and who, whenever the foolish address them, [50] reply with [words of] peace; 25:63

and God willing this is how you should respond

But [remember that an attempt at] requiting evil may, too, become an evil: [40] hence, whoever par*dons [his foe] and makes peace, his reward rests with God - for, verily, He does not love evildoers.

Islam emphasizes morality and ettiquite when dealing with others and this is called Akhlaq .

Abdullah ibn Amr (one of Muhammad's Companions) narrated:
"Allah's Messenger neither spoke in an insulting manner nor did he ever speak evil intentionally. He used to say, 'The most beloved to me among you is the one who has the best character and manners.'"

There are many stories about the Prophet being confronted and literally being pulled by the collar by angered and uncouth Arabs and his humble and tender response is always the ideal by which we should seek to follow. If you are interested I could post some specific examples.

I do not wish to speak from ignorance but I have read, in the past, about Mukhannathun and the Prophet protected them from harm. From the page it says that Imam Nawawi stated
The mukhannath is not only the one who is known to be promiscuous. The mukhannath is (also?) the one who looks so much like a woman physically that he resembles women in his softness, speech, appearance, accent and thinking. If he is like this, he would have no desire for women and he would not notice anything about them. This is one of those who have no interest in women who were permitted to enter upon women.

Also it might be interesting to note that Iran carries out the greatest number of sex changes in the world.

I would suggest that you contact Shaykh Hamza Yusuf or Suhaib Webb and tell them about your situation. They will be able to give you detailed responses.

Kindred spirit

Wa alaikum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

If you believe in Islam then you are indeed a muslimah.

Prayer is called salah. As a Muslim you are obligated to pray five times a day. This website may be of some use. Additionally you can pray additional prayers as well as supplications (called duas).

You may read the arabic from a piece of paper

This is for your formal prayers, you may read your duas in English. There are specific and eloquent duas that you may search, in both English and Arabic, that move and appeal to you so that you wish to use them, however they can be entirely in your words. Also in times of distress praying outside and in sajood. I pray either for forgiveness or thankfulness and do so because I feel most humble and sincere in my prayer, there is a saying that man is most close to God in sajood

You may also be interested in Salat Istikhara as it is precisely for such trying times.

The people you speak of are sadly all too common and often this has to do with a certain backwards cultural attitude especially to things they are not comfortable with. Sister I must warn you, you may be met with hostility and ignorance use discretion when talking about your past and when confronted with others.

The Qur'an says of such people

For, [true] servants of the Most Gracious are [only] they who walk gently on earth, and who, whenever the foolish address them, [50] reply with [words of] peace; 25:63

and God willing this is how you should respond

But [remember that an attempt at] requiting evil may, too, become an evil: [40] hence, whoever par*dons [his foe] and makes peace, his reward rests with God - for, verily, He does not love evildoers.

Islam emphasizes morality and ettiquite when dealing with others and this is called Akhlaq.

Abdullah ibn Amr (one of Muhammad's Companions) narrated:
"Allah's Messenger neither spoke in an insulting manner nor did he ever speak evil intentionally. He used to say, 'The most beloved to me among you is the one who has the best character and manners.'"

There are many stories about the Prophet being confronted and literally being pulled by the collar by angered and uncouth Arabs and his humble and tender response is always the ideal by which we should seek to follow. If you are interested I could post some specific examples.

I do not wish to speak from ignorance but I have read, in the past, about Mukhannathun and the Prophet protected them from harm. From the page it says that Imam Nawawi stated

Also it might be interesting to note that Iran carries out the greatest number of sex changes in the world.

I would suggest that you contact Shaykh Hamza Yusuf or Suhaib Webb and tell them about your situation. They will be able to give you detailed responses.

Thank you very much for the advices I really appreciate the guidances and Im glad knowing theres still hope for the the world in islam. I will get more guidance from the contacts that you gave, may Allah bless all of you.