• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Am A Good Person, Therefore, I'm Going To Heaven!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
From Merriam-Webster.com: Justice: " the process or result of using laws to fairly judge and punish crimes and criminals." I am a sign painter and a gentleman farmer as well as king and emperor of the Mighty Kingdom of Sandy yet should I go before a judge I damn well hope that they would apply the law correctly. I would hate to stand before my ultimate judge and have them condemn me on a whim.
have you considered the parable of the Wedding Feast?
that one ends rather harshly

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
so the sin of ALL mankind will not be atoned?
what about people who do good things believing heaven is a reward?

Since there are those who commit the unforgivable sin, then No, the sin of all mankind will Not be atoned - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6
That is why Matthew 20:28 says Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.

Many have died thinking they are going to heaven when ' home ' is really right here on Earth.
The majority of people will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on a beautiful paradisical Earth under Christ's coming millennial reign over Earth.
When they are reunited with loved ones on Earth I think they will be happy to live forever on Earth when there will be healing for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
There is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous with both having the opportunity to gain everlasting life on Earth - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Only the wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
What do you mean by "faith"? In any sense that I know the term, faith is a conclusion that flows from a justification, not a justification for a conclusion.

And what evidences? What are the top few most compelling ones?
Is that your own invented definition of faith? It must be because I've never read it anywhere. I use the Biblical definition of faith. If you really want to know what faith is, read Hebrews 11.

Regardless of how many evidences I post to you, you will deny them. I'd be wasting my time. You're mind is made up. There are many internal as well as external evidences. There has been much written about the topic.

It seems you are here to disprove the validity of the Bible, and not truly seeking evidence that it is the Word of God.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Since there are those who commit the unforgivable sin, then No, the sin of all mankind will Not be atoned - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6
That is why Matthew 20:28 says Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.

Many have died thinking they are going to heaven when ' home ' is really right here on Earth.
The majority of people will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on a beautiful paradisical Earth under Christ's coming millennial reign over Earth.
When they are reunited with loved ones on Earth I think they will be happy to live forever on Earth when there will be healing for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
There is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous with both having the opportunity to gain everlasting life on Earth - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Only the wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16
"Paradise earth" cannot be found anywhere in the Bible. It is the invention of Jehovah's Witnesses.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
You didn't ask me until just now.

Jesus the character in a book: I learned about him mainly from the Bible and things that Christians have told me (which I assume they mainly got from the Bible, either directly or indirectly).

Edit: ... or they got it from their own imaginations. IMO, Jesus is the sort of character that people glom their own ideas onto.

Jesus the actual person: to the extent that I think he was real, about 50-50 between the Bible and Josephus (not the Testimonium Flavianum - the other reference: the presumably genuine remark about "James, brother of Jesus, the so-called Christ"). The Bible has a lot more detail than one line from Josephus, but I don't exactly consider the Bible a trustworthy source.
I guess you prefer to consider yourself a better source of truth. :)

As for me, I have chosen to trust God and His Word completely. I lean on Him and not myself.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Paradise earth" cannot be found anywhere in the Bible. It is the invention of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Not really. If Adam had done as Jehovah wills then the Earth would be in subjection to peace and love. It might not be called paradise, but that is what it would be.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I guess you prefer to consider yourself a better source of truth. :)

As for me, I have chosen to trust God and His Word completely. I lean on Him and not myself.
No. You do not lean on God as I believe a person can not lean on two different things at the same time or are you calling the Bible, God? You obviously lean on the Bible.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
That is your belief, and that is fine for you. But it is not a certainty.
It's a certainty for me, and I can't think of a better one!

All I can say, and I mean this with all sincerity and respect, it must be awful to not have a firm hold on what your eternal future will be like, to be tossed to and fro, never really knowing or believing what will happen to you when your time comes. It must be very unsettling. I know it would be for me.

Let's just say that if you are right in your thinking (and I don't believe you are), then you've gained nothing and lost nothing. Eat, drink and be merry! For tomorrow you die! You'll be dead all over, like Rover. They'll bury you, and in time you'll be forgotten. The end!!

However, if you are wrong in your thinking, you have everything to lose.

Think about that!!

Were I in your shoes, I'd be looking for proof that the Bible (the original manuscripts) are truly the Word of God. I don't think I would be seeking ways to disprove the Bible.

Anyway, it is your choice, just like I had a choice. We all choose whether to accept or reject the Bible. And by the way, if you reject one part of it, you reject it ALL. Many pick and choose which parts to believe and toss the rest.

I will have to tell you about two very good friends of mine who remind me of you. Their stories are similar. I don't have time right now to tell you about them. I've got a lot of errands to run, cooking to do, and a big funeral to go to tomorrow. It's going to be a busy time for me these next two days.

Have a good one.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
The many other gospels not included in it. But, we can certainly get a lot of information from the Bible as well. Never claimed otherwise. When it comes to his exact words, we can certainly use the Bible as a source, but, because it was mostly written by other authors, we can't be certain of its validity.
Men much smarter than I, Biblical scholars, agree that those other gospels are false. They have been rejected. They were not included in the canon for good reason.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's a certainty for me, and I can't think of a better one!

All I can say, and I mean this with all sincerity and respect, it must be awful to not have a firm hold on what your eternal future will be like, to be tossed to and fro, never really knowing or believing what will happen to you when your time comes.
1 John 3:2 James 4:14 Proverbs 27:1
John 16:12

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Bible says:
Everyone lies
Romans 3:4
Romans 3:7
No one righteous Romans 3:10

So? Did someone forget about the writers of scripture? And everyone else who handled it?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The Bible says:
Everyone lies
Romans 3:4
Romans 3:7
No one righteous Romans 3:10

So? Did someone forget about the writers of scripture? And everyone else who handled it?
ok....but...
do we now disregard all of scripture?
or do we continue to cherry pick?

I do like cherries

Thief

Rogue Theologian
we could cut to a new topic ......which God is the Almighty?
seems to me our knees belong to Him