• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I allow light in me teach me in the midst of my situations

River Sea

I allow the light that lives in me to teach me in the midst of my situations.

When I allow the light to teach me, the light I know and call my best friend feeds my spirit.

I have a relationship with the light that lives in me, a personal relationship with the light, which knows me so deeply and with whom I can communicate without worrying about how to explain because the light already understands.

I can rest in the light because the light is my home.

I don't always understand the songs I listen to, but I like how people connect when singing this song. Can you relate? Also, can you share what your thoughts are about this song? I enjoy listening to music and drinking from the light within my spirit.

Mukti Bird & Friends – Maya Maya

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The song sang about Maya Maya being a trickster? What are the lies and delusions that deceive no more because of being illumined by the truth?

The man in the beginning of the video spoke of being free from it.

All I can think of is that nobody likes being deceived, and the truth frees one from that.

So perhaps the song can be understood in one's own light that they have inside to guide their way. Each situation is a lesson having the light.

I don't know, but it is interesting.

River Sea

Indeed, rest in the Light and Be Thy Self

@stvdv
  • I like how you acknowledge that we can be ourselves as well. Because I reason spiritually in relationship with light as friends
  • I've seen the light in people radiate outward before, so I assumed it was Divine who lives within us all.
  • However I learn from @dybmh some Jewish extra that's going on, the so called light is vessel Shekinah Shechinah to Devine and yet, here I was assuming light is the actual Devine - oddly I can be wrong and still have a relationship with Devine and remain not smart. I notice this.
  • I'm going to make this known. My smartness came from people who's skilled in their religions. I feel more smarter claiming there's a vessel but still it doesn't change the situation with me and light, a relationship me being myself and it's ok to be self, as I am. I don't have to seek approval, because I'm accepted already. That's true friendship and deep understandings of me from Devine. I borrow words as I learn too.
  • However I do enjoy learning though too. Maybe I'm making no sense here - is this to confusing to read.
  • Keep in mind, I notice as I have a relationship with Devine or light in me, I notice I don't get smarter. So all my so called smarts, is me learning from others.
  • Example I never thought of that ever, a vessel from Devine and that's the light, as if extras happening.
it sounds like you have a wonderful gift. My only question is: what are you going to do with it?
  • I never thought of this as a gift. I thought of light in me as my best friend who I can go to and communicate with and drink from. What am I doing with, no goals really. I don't really plan on doing anything at all.
  • I like listening to music and typing like I am now. I think that's all the further I want to go when it comes to communicating spirituality with people is type and listen to music. Everyone can drink from light.
  • Here: you ask me what am I going to do with., how about in the midst of situations, in the midst of thoughts and emotions allow unconditional love or light or shechina, or devine to teach you., how to allow more from light to drink from light - burn fire light drinking from burn fire light, burn fire feed your spirit heart. I'm using your words that I learn from you. (Shechina, vessel, allow Devine to teach you how to drink from light burn fire so Devine feeds your spirit heart burn fire)
  • I think I rather others can drink from light too. Then no goals I can continue, due to let others go to Devine themselves. I'm not needed and I like that. I don't want any goals.
  • I'm extremely good at making lots of messes then I give the messes to light. That's my expertise is making messes. I enjoy learning other religions and echo that. But then all I am is echo other peoples smarts.
  • I might be getting off topic from song but that's ok, cause we can bring this back to song., but what I'm seeking to say is I don't want any goals., however because you asked, how about you go to Devine yourself just as you are in the midst of situations, so multi task ok, so in the midst of your situations, in the midst of your thinking, in the midst of your beliefs, in the midst of your emotions, allow Devine teach you, how you can drink from Devine fire burn light and Devine feed your spirit heart fire burn light
  • If there's blockage then in the midst of blockage allow Devine teach you in the midst of that blockage and actually for me that's so interesting because Devine teaches me about what's going on why I block, and (I don't know words) but then a mix happens block and allow and eventually as Devine teaches then allow becomes more and block becomes less
  • So I rather pass on this and let others drink from light., I rather others go directly to Devine themselves. I'm not really needed then. I like not doing anything about this. I like that it's ok for me not do anything about this.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
However I learn from @dybmh some Jewish extra that's going on, the so called light is vessel Shekinah Shechinah to Devine and yet, here I was assuming light is the actual Devine - oddly I can be wrong and still have a relationship with Devine and remain not smart. I notice this.
It's OK. Don't worry about being smart. You're doing fine. Because schechina is a vessel, it doesn't quite match-up with what you are describing. It's too small. Its too limited. I like the words you chose, the description that comes naturally to you fits so much better. Light? Yes! Divine? Yes! Schechina? Vessel? Not so much.
If there's blockage then in the midst of blockage allow Devine teach you in the midst of that blockage and actually for me that's so interesting because Devine teaches me about what's going on why I block, and (I don't know words) but then a mix happens block and allow and eventually as Devine teaches then allow becomes more and block becomes less
Yes! This is a great way to use your gifts. Keep sharing your experiences. Where you see light, tell us about it. When you discover blockages, clear them out. Share what works, and how it works for you.

And when you hear a song that lights you up, chances are it will light up others as well. :) Keep sharing; it's great.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
@River Sea

All this talk about "the light" makes me think you are a Quaker. Are you a Quaker? They often discuss about the 'light' (or divinity) in each individual.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
@Exaltist Ethan
Thank you for sharing the video; I'm curious if Quakers can relate to feeding from light and feeling "burning" in their spirit hearts. Can you relate?

I'm not quite as spiritual as the Quakers. I identify spirituality like that as a type of emotion people feel. In that sense I am very spiritual, I'm even bipolar so I do experience a lot of emotions, but I identify the light within and Quaker spirituality with a sense of awe in the environment one is in. Going outside and experiencing Earth for what it is gives me a deep sense of emotional connection to it. I am both inspired by nature and what we've done as a result of it. Walking around a tall building gives me the same sense of awe that I get from walking around a tall tree. Hence I'm both pantheist and syntheist at the same time.

River Sea

Earth for what it is gives me a deep sense of emotional connection to it. I am both inspired by nature and what we've done as a result of it. Walking around a tall building gives me the same sense of awe that I get from walking around a tall tree. Hence I'm both pantheist and syntheist at the same time.

I can relate to emotional connection and spiritual highs. However, I didn't know how to remain responsible for others.

Reading what you wrote, I can relate to this sensation of being on earth. However, due to my lack of abilities to return sooner, I had to deal with consequences; due to this, I lack self-confidence. Because of this, I have boundaries.

One Scene: However, this scene has fewer consequences.

Sitting on a rock at Lake Superior, I study water while being submerged in a spiritual high. After a period of time, it quickly becomes so dark that I can't see my hand in front of my face. I had to retrace my steps, feeling each rock and even the gaps between them. Adults were furious by the time I returned.

I identify the light within and Quaker spirituality
I remember you and I writing about light. I, too, identify with the light within. Sadly, I hadn't researched more about Quakers. I'm relieved these threads don't close, so I can return whenever

I typed in the Bing search Quakers light.

Here's the screenshot
screenshotlight.JPG

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I don't always understand the songs I listen to, but I like how people connect when singing this song. Can you relate?
Definitely, you describe exactly how I feel, when visiting places where they sing uplifting songs.

I visit a Baptist Church, and I know all ca. 4000 members judge my Faith

BUT

When singing songs, I feel in "Heaven", and during the sermon I take a nap till they start singing again
Also, can you share what your thoughts are about this song?
You picked a marvelous song, very uplifting. Narrating how the grip of maya (duality) loosens the moment you become aware

Thanks for sharing your beautiful post. Reminds me to not get upset when I am in the same room with judgmental, belittling disrespectful people...just Be a Witness

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I allow the light that lives in me to teach me in the midst of my situations.

When I allow the light to teach me, the light I know and call my best friend feeds my spirit.
I can relate to that. I try to feed myself each day with the light. Often I use music to that these days, as well as prayer.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember you and I writing about light. I, too, identify with the light within. Sadly, I hadn't researched more about Quakers. I'm relieved these threads don't close, so I can return whenever

I typed in the Bing search Quakers light.
In a nutshell: Quakers are official members of the Society of Friends. It is a religious society but is more like a fraternity/sorority in that you have dues, meetings and events. Quakers talk about the inner light in all people, so they consider it a property of all people. They do not believe there is any person without the inner light, and this is a required belief for a Quaker. There are different gatherings of Quakers who have different kinds of meetings. Some of these meetings have sermons and singing others involve sitting together in silence, possibly in silent meditation. Some have dress codes. Some have no dress codes. It depends upon who you meet. All meetings take minutes of discussions, collect donations and work on projects. Decisions are not determined by votes or by authorities but usually by unanimous agreements. Some gatherings function a little like churches and some function more like civic clubs.