• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypothetical Scenario #315

Unedited

I didn’t sleep last night and this is the product of that.

Top scientists have found that people of religion X have a 50% higher chance of committing a serious crime than people of other religions. As such, your government has decided that all people of religion X must abide by strict rules that sacrifice privacy, but in most cases are no more than an hassle. People of religion X must now report their religion to all people of their neighbourhood, their work, and any group they take part of (school, sporting team, AA meetings, etc). Also, people of religion X must keep the government informed of all major life changes (marriage, moving, new job, etc) and fill out a bunch of paperwork every year.

You are of religion X. The thing is, the government doesn’t know that, and you now have a choice: inform the government that you are of X religion, or lie. What would you do? Would your answer change if you weren't obliged to tell people of your religion but only had to fill out all the paperwork?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I would lead a popular charge to revoke the laws.

Edit:

I would also announce my religion, but I wouldn't fill out the paperwork in protest.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
I'd go the route of the early martyrs. Don't tell the authorities of your religion but don't deny it if asked. If they cause you to suffer as a result, accept it and put your faith in God.

James

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
*Tucks Religion X symbol under shirt*
No officer, Im not one of those Religion X nut cases
Ok. *cop eats donught with a slight squeling sound*
I turn around, take symbol out, and go on with day.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
I would build an ark and take one of every friend and family member and migrate to another land. :biglaugh: