• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HRW: Israel's crime of apartheid

rosends

Maybe it's just me, but I find myself getting immediately suspicious when a website calls itself "Honest Reporting".
I have that same response to statements about website titles which don't address website content.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I have that same response to statements about website titles which don't address website content.
If we're serious about Quellenkritik, then we have to draw consequences somewhere, and I find little point in drawing from explicitly biased sources.

rosends

If we're serious about Quellenkritik, then we have to draw consequences somewhere, and I find little point in drawing from explicitly biased sources.
Source criticism should be based in a proven claim of bias, not from the inclusion of the word "Honest" in a title. And if practiced consistently, one would also have to assess the track record of the HRW before anything else.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Source criticism should be based in a proven claim of bias, not from the inclusion of the word "Honest" in a title. And if practiced consistently, one would also have to assess the track record of the HRW before anything else.
Sorry, that was a misunderstanding, then. I thought you were having a fit over my source criticism of CAMERA.

I actually read the article, but since it was only an opinion piece, I don't quite get what you're trying to use it for?
Are you agreeing, or disagreeing? Why are you agreeing or disagreeing? What argument are you trying to advance?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As Violence Rises in the West Bank, Settler Attacks Raise Alarm
Excerpted....
Settlers injured at least 170 Palestinians last year and killed five, U.N. monitors reported. During the same period, Palestinians injured at least 110 settlers and killed two, U.N. records show. The Israeli Army said that Palestinians had injured 137 Israeli civilians in the West Bank last year.

But if the numbers are roughly comparable, the power dynamic is different.

The settlers benefit from a two-tier legal system in which settlers who commit violence are rarely punished, while Palestinian suspects are frequently arrested and prosecuted by military courts. Of the 111 police investigations into settler attacks monitored by the Israeli rights group Yesh Din in the past five years, only three led to indictments.

Settlers, unlike Palestinians, have the protection of the military and are rarely in danger of losing the land they live on.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!