• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Howard Dean: "Palin Could Beat Hussein"

Dean says his fellow Democrats should beware of inside-the-Beltway conventional wisdom that Obama would crush Palin in a general-election contest next year.

“I think she could win,” Dean told The Hill in an interview Friday. “She wouldn’t be my first choice if I were a Republican but I think she could win.”

Dean warns the sluggish economy could have more of a political impact than many Washington strategists and pundits assume.

“Any time you have a contest — particularly when unemployment is as high as it is — nobody gets a walkover,” Dean said. “Whoever the Republicans nominate, including people like Sarah Palin, whom the inside-the-Beltway crowd dismisses — my view is if you get the nomination of a major party, you can win the presidency, I don’t care what people write about you inside the Beltway,” Dean said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/164765-howard-dean-warns-palin-could-beat-obama-in-2012

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As usual, I could face the dilemma of voting Libertarian or for the lesser of 2 weevils in the major parties. Sometimes, the Dem v Repub differences
I see are minimal, as was the case with McCain v Obama, both big gov't, big spending, Constitutional revisionists with no executive experience.
With our economy looking increasingly dismal, former governor & business owner Palin looks far better than the man who never even ran a lemonade stand.
Over & above our ideological differences, I have many reservations about her being the person for the job. But it's possible that she offers a far better
chance at averting economic disaster. So....I'm still planning to vote Lib, but I'm watching.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
It's no secret that Dean and Obama do not like each other. Dean was forced out of the DNC by Obama's people and Dean returned the favor by trashing Obamacare just as it was about to get passed.

Requia

No, he's quite right. If obama wants to stay in office, he needs to convince people we have a strong economy again before the election. If he doesn't do that an illiterate serial killer* would stand a chance of beating him.

*I exaggerate, slightly.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Yeah, with the economy humming along and an end to the wars of choice (cough, Libya, cough) he's headed for an easy re-election.