• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how would you as pagans drive a demon away?

trablano

Hello there,

I am thinking that I have a demon or that a kind of dark angel distorts my mind with magic and voodoo. I am a universalist, I acknowledge all gods (coming from a christian background), and when I prayed to Jesus I got this flash that my problems have to do with voodoo. I checked myself and found there were many chains and odd insects and bad crosses in my face, head and heart. I removed them with my spiritual hands as well as I could but it was not easy. And I'm still not entirely free and feel like a dark angel is messing with me.

In my theology, there is no condemnation by the Gods and we humans can all go to the higher realms after death. But some of us would choose to go to an evil realm, hell. That would be nazis and criminals and murderers and such, those of them anyway that dont repent or dont want to go to their parents after death.

So I think one of those hell men or a dark angel is assaulting me and I want him to be gone. When I offer prayers to Zeus I have the best results, it calms me and gives me more tranquility. I also pray to Odin sometimes and he gives me strength and has also cast a rune on me so I would have protection. I've also had dreams of Odin and he is very kind and gentle to everyone, especially to those who suffer. Zeus is more like an enlightener. I also go to Jesus sometimes to pay my hommage to his mission of showing us all that death is not the end. But it's like he can't do all that much against the demon angel or hell man or whoever it is who gives me this trouble.

I have no human enemies in my life. I don't think this is a curse or magic from a human. But this dark angel is a real pain, I feel like he confuses my mind until I feel fear instead of joy and such things. Normally I am happy with the gods and feel elated that I can know them all. But with this angel thing it's like I am constantly oppressed and harrassed.

What are pagan methods to get rid of something like this? Thanks in advance for the answers. Blessings!

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
As a Pagan, and with the knowledge that I have, I don't believe in demons. Dark, angry spirits to be sure, but not demons. I know a few staves that are of use against harmful spirits, though.

Which rune do you believe Odin cast on you, if you don't mind my asking?

trablano

I have no idea. I just woke up in the morning and it was like a big flash and I had a rune on my chest and I knew it was from Odin. I was feeling very weak before but then I had strength somehow and kept together.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Keeping out negative energies is part of why we draw circles. Perhaps it would help you to call one down, in "blue fire and white light", and sit within, taking advantage of the relative peace to think through the situation and ask your guardians/patrons for advice.

Alternatively, it seems to me that if you really think Vodou is your problem, that a practitioner of that tradition might be well suited to help you.

trablano

I have no knowledge about runes. I just prayed to Odin in the evening, had a dream of Odin at night and in the morning I awoke in a flash of light with that "I" on my chest.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
I guess my hang up with that is that if it was the Is rune (and if Odin gave it, it would be Futhark,) it doesn't bestow strength; which is what you said it did.

trablano

I also had stillness as a result. I sometimes have negative thoughts and voices in my mind, they went away after Odin runed me and I am quiet in my mind now.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
I'm Pagan and practice the ancient pagan religions, I was giving him my point of view. Satan and His Demons are literally Pagan in my view also which is what I meant. We just disagree

We disagree immensely, as do the various basic tenants of Paganism. Satan and "demons" have nothing at all to do with Paganism in name, being, and hierarchy.

I would argue that you practice what you call "pagan religion" based on the old usage of the word "pagan", which is as far flung as to be completely synonymous with "non-christian." Which is functionally redundant, if this DIR is to use that definition, as there are DIR's - including Satanism and LHP - which would fall under it. Rather, Paganism proper presents in consistency Euro-centric pre-christian beliefs, of which Satan has no part in any way.

Think and believe what you will, but in this DIR especially I will disagree and counter what I consider to be satanic misrepresentation with Paganism as is.