• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would we know if a species was newly evolved?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
This will be my last posting with you as I already have explained this twice.

The gospel narratives dealing with the women/s visitation to Jesus' tomb do not match, thus it is logically impossible for them to be entirely accurate. However, this does not mean nor imply that Jesus' resurrection did not happen.

Neither. See above.

Nonsensical question.

Of course the Catholic Church doesn't deny it, as Jesus' resurrection is a basic teaching of the Church.

Take care as I'm done.
The question is: do YOU believe it? The Catholic church teaches that it happened. The same Catholic source goes on to say:
"According to St. Matthew, He appeared to the holy women, and again on a mountain in Galilee; according to St. Mark, He was seen by Mary Magdalen, by the two disciples at Emmaus, and by the Eleven before His Ascension into heaven; according to St. Luke, He walked with the disciples to Emmaus, appeared to Peter and to the assembled disciples in Jerusalem; according to St. John, Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalen, to the ten Apostles ..., to the Eleven a week later, and to the seven disciples at the Sea of Tiberias. St. Paul (I Cor., xv, 3-8) enumerates another series of apparitions of Jesus after His Resurrection; he was seen by Cephas, by the Eleven, by more than 500 brethren, many of whom were still alive at the time of the Apostle’s writing, by James, by all the Apostles, and lastly by Paul himself."
These were not MISTAKES. My goodness!

YoursTrue

This will be my last posting with you as I already have explained this twice.

The gospel narratives dealing with the women/s visitation to Jesus' tomb do not match, thus it is logically impossible for them to be entirely accurate. However, this does not mean nor imply that Jesus' resurrection did not happen.

Neither. See above.

Nonsensical question.

Of course the Catholic Church doesn't deny it, as Jesus' resurrection is a basic teaching of the Church.

Take care as I'm done.
(That's ok. I just find it very interesting that 'teachers' of religion and belonging to a church that proclaims Jesus' resurrection AS RECORDED, would say it's a myth and the accounts are mistakes. If you're still reading this, I strongly encourage you to read both the Church's estimation and considered opinion of exegetical criticisms and the church's own conclusions based on what the Bible says. ) P.S. If you pray, I strongly encourage you to pray over this. Because -- the accounts are not mistakes. Either a person believes in God and the resurrection of his Son, or -- he does not.

YoursTrue

There would still be people that wouldn't believe the video.
lol, who knows, they could consider maybe some creep doctored it. :) Ya think? Maybe that's why God did not have videos at the time, and of course, those poor Neanderthals + just didn't have the need (?) or smarts to invent cameras and/or care about evolution, lol...