• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to Find Missing Remotes

TTCUSM

Namaste Everyone,

A few days ago, I was looking for a missing remote control, and I had an idea.

Maybe we should add a button to TV sets that you can press whenever your remote control goes missing. The TV set will then send a signal to your remote, causing it to flash for a few seconds. This should make remote controls easier to find.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Good idea. However, while at it, why not add a sound effect to it too? This way, if for some reason the remote control is out of sight you can still have a clue as to where it is.

Draka

Wonder Woman
It's a very basic thing. Cordless phones have had such functions on them for quite some time. It really would make sense to have locator buttons on other things such as TVs, satellite/cable boxes, stereos, and so on.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
It's a very basic thing. Cordless phones have had such functions on them for quite some time. It really would make sense to have locator buttons on other things such as TVs, satellite/cable boxes, stereos, and so on.

What about on children? :p

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
It's what we get for calling them "remotes" in the first place. Should have named them "right-in-front-of-you"s.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
When I was a kid, my family's first VCR had a good solution to this problem: the remote was connected to the VCR by a cable. :D

(and yes, I'm old, whippersnappers. :p)

HonestJoe

It's a simply thing for cordless phones because they already send signals to the handsets. A standard TV etc. is only designed to receive signals from their remote, not send. Remotes also use infra-red signals which require line-of-sight rather than the radio frequencies used by cordless phones.

It would be possible of course, but it would require additional hardware in both the TV and the remote. It's less trouble for people not to be idiots who loose a remote control in the first place. :p

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I had all of my remotes chipped in case they got lost.

I just ask my spouse. She can always find it.
I used to throw the freaking remote in the trash.
Never even put the batteries in it.

I had to stop because now a days without the remote, you cannot even use the stupid tv/vcr/dvd player/stereo receiver...

and some people actually have to wonder why Americans are overweight?