• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how to detect image manipulation ?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hello RF guys .

I am in relation with girl , but me not sure about her picture ,very different than video,she said camera video is bad .
I feel like she manipulate with pictures to become more beauty than reality.!!

Is there a solution i could check out pictures reality ?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello RF guys .

I am in relation with girl , but me not sure about her picture ,very different than video,she said camera video is bad .

1) Suggesting meeting each other in person after talking for a couple of weeks or more should be a useful step.

2) If you don't trust her enough to be sure that she isn't duping you with fake pictures, her appearance is probably far from the biggest issue right now. If I were you, I would look into building more trust or evaluating whether we should keep talking at all.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's a lot of technology around 'deep fakes' but it does not sound like this is the question. Rather your question is whether or not a program like photoshop has been used to modify the image.

For some people, an image search on the internet or various web sites like instagram and facebook can be revealing. I just saw a Netflix show about how much data on us various services hoover up. A woman had hundreds of pages she got from Tinder on herself and wound up writing a book on the topic.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Hello RF guys .

This may be overkill but the math geek in me finds it interesting. There is a free trial of this software:

Accelerate Your DFIR Investigation | Belkasoft

The algorithms it uses are discussed here:

Detecting Forged (Altered) Images - Forensic Focus

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hello RF guys .

See if she is willing to do a video chat with you so you can get to know a little about her.

As for checking if the image has been manipulated zoom in close to sn edge. A genuine edge will blend from one surface to another over a few pixels,. A forgery will show a sharply defined edge and irregular pixelation

Godobeyer

Premium Member
1) Suggesting meeting each other in person after talking for a couple of weeks or more should be a useful step.

2) If you don't trust her enough to be sure that she isn't duping you with fake pictures, her appearance is probably far from the biggest issue right now. If I were you, I would look into building more trust or evaluating whether we should keep talking at all.
She lives in other continent.
Her face in.Pictures.Very.Pretty.Than camera.
Also she never send video.she always said my video camera not good.Ulgy.
But pictures she looks like model.
Neck not appear pictures it's hidden.By face. But body same.

I had big experience. In.Lie in Facebook.But this time seems very professional.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
She lives in other continent.
Her face in.Pictures.Very.Pretty.Than camera.
Also she never send video.she always said my video camera not good.Ulgy.
But pictures she looks like model.
Neck not appear pictures it's hidden.By face. But body same.

I had big experience. In.Lie in Facebook.But this time seems very professional.

You seem overly concerned with what she looks like. Does she even have a personality? A family? Thoughts about religion? A job? A name? An age?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
See if she is willing to do a video chat with you so you can get to know a little about her.

As for checking if the image has been manipulated zoom in close to sn edge. A genuine edge will blend from one surface to another over a few pixels,. A forgery will show a sharply defined edge and irregular pixelation
Video and pictures totally different person.
In face.but same body.
She said always friends said you camera video Ulgy.
I am very confused

Godobeyer

Premium Member
You seem overly concerned with what she looks like. Does she even have a personality? A family/ Thoughts about religion? A job? A name?
Yes.i know most of details.
My concerns about why in camera call video looks ulgy. But in pictures looks model.Same body but different in face

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Video and pictures totally different person.
In face.but same body.
She said always friends said you camera video Ulgy.
I am very confused

Sounds dodgy to me. Video chat would ease your mind but if she asks you to do something on camera you don't feel comfortable doing the don't, if she asks you to send her money so she can visit you then don't, both are scams

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello RF guys .

Some people are putting AI neural networks to use for this purpose, however for the time being the only practical way is to notice flaws. You get a lot of genuine materials such as genuine photos, and you compare them to the photo or video to see if it is real.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
It occurs to me to mention: that its possible to guarantee that you have said some words if you release signed transcripts of your speech. You can publicly sign them and use public open GPG signing to guarantee that they are your words alone. Its a technical process, but its works by registering a public key on public GPG servers. That public key always has an email address associated with it and also a short code called a 'Fingerprint'. Whenever you meet people in person, give them a copy of your fingerprint. That gives them the ability to verifity any signed speeches.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Sounds dodgy to me. Video chat would ease your mind but if she asks you to do something on camera you don't feel comfortable doing the don't, if she asks you to send her money so she can visit you then don't, both are scams
She never ask money.
She worked don't need money.
I notice a sign in her body.same body.Ulgy in video call. But pictures is like model.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It occurs to me to mention: that its possible to guarantee that you have said some words if you release signed transcripts of your speech. You can publicly sign them and use public open GPG signing to guarantee that they are your words alone. Its a technical process, but its works by registering a public key on public GPG servers. That public key always has an email address associated with it and also a short code called a 'Fingerprint'. Whenever you meet people in person, give them a copy of your fingerprint. That gives them the ability to verifity any signed speeches.
Sorry I don't understand Gpg how works!!

Is this about verification picture manipulation edited or not ?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry I don't understand Gpg how works!!

Is this about verification picture manipulation edited or not ?
No, sorry; but you can 'Sign' a digital image. You sign any digital information, and anyone who wants to can check its signature. There are notary services based upon this kind of digital signature, services such as 'Docusign', 'Digisign' and 'e-sign'.

No you cannot use digital signing to detect fakes, but you can verify who signs things including pictures. Kodak uses this to control the digital photos that it owns. Journalists could use this. They could sign all of their videos and transcripts, and then audiences could verify that the news was from them. Therefore it can be used not to detect fakes but for a similar purpose: to guarantee authenticity.