• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How stubborn are you?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
It is fairly likely. Due to various life circumstances and events concerning this I consider myself to be a broken man. Being defeated or humiliated and changing my position based on it is not a strange feeling to me, and I just move on. Sometimes too quickly.
I'm sorry to read that you feel like this. Flexibility in the wind is a good thing, but not too much.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You called?
OIP.caBJQcV8xlZRg2YnYFloAgHaE7

Lain

I'm sorry to read that you feel like this. Flexibility in the wind is a good thing, but not too much.

That's true, but I think if I continue in such a stance eventually I will hit on something solid. I of course think I've done so for anything I currently consider true, some of which hasn't changed.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
That's true, but I think if I continue in such a stance eventually I will hit on something solid. I of course think I've done so for anything I currently consider true, some of which hasn't changed.
Behave how you want to be. Pithy huh.

How likely is it for you to actually change your position on issues? I mean really?
If you hold a conviction pertaining to a political ideology, religious beliefs or even just social beliefs in general. How likely do you think it is for you to legitimately examine the criticism of your chosen ideology (in any format) and actually change your stance? How likely is it that you will just dig in your heels and double down when confronted?

I have changed many of my opinions and positions over the years. I recognise that I have held some very toxic ideals in the past. And my stubbornness and pride held me back from dropping such toxicity. Much to my (in hindsight) regret.
But I have noticed that I am less likely to do so when directly challenged. Which I recognise as probably hypocritical of me.
How stubborn are you, really?

Like a bulldog

But when I want to I can learn