• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should a beginner approach the old testament?

Patrick Miron

Patrick4Jesus
Your very welcome.

Be sure to pray before reading seeking the Holy Spirits assistance; and then a brief prayer of gratitude when your finished.

May God guide you understanding and life path,
Patrick

Patrick Miron

Patrick4Jesus
Shalom my friend. You're state is indeed true by not germane to the OPQ which I posted.

What is the difference between the Torah and the Tanakh?

Pentateuch is the Greek, and therefore usually Christian, way of referring to those first five books. ... The word Tanakh is an acronym for Torah, Nevi'im, and Ketuvim, meaning Law, Prophets, and Writings, respectively. These three categories include all the books of the Hebrew Bible{/QUOTE]

syo

im looking to start reading the old testament in order to be closer to God,be more confident.i also want to gain a better understanding of the old testament as a whole so if anyone can recommend a way of reading it that would help me i would be grateful.
read the new testament too.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
im looking to start reading the old testament in order to be closer to God,be more confident.i also want to gain a better understanding of the old testament as a whole so if anyone can recommend a way of reading it that would help me i would be grateful.
In my view, the Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) is fiction with some sloppy history thrown in starting with David and Solomon's kingdom. Read it like you would read any other fictional story.