• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Paul Contradicts Jesus on the Most Important Doctrine of Christianity

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
An intelligent person learns more from one rebuke than a fool learns from being beaten a hundred times.
-Proverbs 17:10 (GNT)

Most people don't need to be repeatedly beaten in debate with their own fallacies for a hundred times in a row. The wise will accept correction the first time and amend their ways.
Bye.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well I'm glad you said that LOL. I guess you are sure the OT God (monster) is the true Parent Creator. See if we are not brainwashed by religion, we are free to see reality for what it is. OT god is not the True Parent and the "great" Paul was a liar, thief and murderer. So tell me why you believe the OT god is our Parent? Because the bible tells me so......LOL.

I believe the Bible is the main evidence that God is our parent. So what evidence re you looking at? Your own fantastical imagination?

DW79

Most Christians should probably call themselves "Paulians" since they side with Paul over Jesus on the question of how to get to heaven.

Observe that Paul states:

Romans 10:13: "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

However, Paul directly contradicts the guy that he claims is his savior, since Jesus says:

Matthew 7:21-23: "NOT EVERYONE who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Clearly in Matthew 7, Jesus is stating that many people will call on his name and perform actions in his name, and yet, they will not go to heaven. Yet the majority of Christians (especially Protestants) believe Paul over the guy they claim is their savior. Why do I, as an agnostic, care? Well, it's amusing to me to watch Christians ignore all of the verses where Jesus clearly teaches that good works are necessary to go to heaven. Just another example of the intellectual dishonesty of many Christians. Not only do they willfully ignore the overwhelming scientific evidence for evolution, they also willfully ignore the words of Jesus himself. Strange, isn't it?
Calling on a >>name<< and saying a title(Lord ) are not the same thing.

dad

Undefeated
Most Christians should probably call themselves "Paulians" since they side with Paul over Jesus on the question of how to get to heaven.

Observe that Paul states:

Romans 10:13: "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

However, Paul directly contradicts the guy that he claims is his savior, since Jesus says:

Matthew 7:21-23: "NOT EVERYONE who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Clearly in Matthew 7, Jesus is stating that many people will call on his name and perform actions in his name, and yet, they will not go to heaven. Yet the majority of Christians (especially Protestants) believe Paul over the guy they claim is their savior. Why do I, as an agnostic, care? Well, it's amusing to me to watch Christians ignore all of the verses where Jesus clearly teaches that good works are necessary to go to heaven. Just another example of the intellectual dishonesty of many Christians. Not only do they willfully ignore the overwhelming scientific evidence for evolution, they also willfully ignore the words of Jesus himself. Strange, isn't it?
Not every one that mouths the words Jesus is Lord is saved. Every one that sincerely calls on the name of Jesus is saved.

2ndpillar

I think the problem you are facing is that there are three subjects on the table. That which is spoken to the Jews, that which is spoken to the Gentiles and that which is spoken to the Church, the Body of Christ.

John 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Here He is speaking to all three and no works is declared to be a pre-requisite.

But feel free to believe what you want to believe. As an agnostic that you claim to be, it is amusing to me on how much time you spend on the subject of Christianity :)

I am thinking that Yeshua stated that there would be many false prophets, and they would come as wolves in sheep's clothing. (Matthew 7) They would provide a broad path to "destruction" for the "many". It is hard to conceive a broader path then the one provided by the false prophet Paul. As for the churches, their house, because they didn't heed Yeshua's message, those houses will "fall". As for Gentiles/nations versus the house of Israel, well Jacob/Israel will be "chastened", but the nations in which Israel was scattered "I will completely destroy" (Jeremiah 30:10-11). If you "believeth in him", (John 3:16) you might want to pay attention to what he has said, and not nail his message to a pagan cross.

2ndpillar

Say what??

Matthew 7:15-23 is about the false prophets who call on the "LORD", prophesy in your name, cast out demons, and in your name perform miracles. These false prophets will be referred to as "you who practice lawlessness". This is a colored 3D picture of the self anointed prophet Paul. Not to say that Paul is alone, for his pal Peter, the one called "Satan" and a "stumbling block to me", is also referred to as the "worthless shepherd" in Zechariah 11:17, who along with Judas Iscariot (Zech 11:12) and Paul (Zech 11:10), were all "annihilated" in one month/generation (Zech 11:8). They were all chosen by the LORD for a certain purpose, but then again, king Saul wound up trying to kill David. How was Satan, the dragon, (Rev 13) to carry out his purpose without the false prophet and the beast with two horns like a lamb. The Christ like two horns being Peter and Paul, and the beast being Constantine, who established the Roman church, and who built basilicas for each Peter and Paul. As for your name "Jesus", in Spanish, that is pronounced Hey Zeus, or Heil Zeus. The term "Jesus" never existed before the 16th century. As for you being "saved", I wouldn't suggest that you hold your breath.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I am thinking that Yeshua stated that there would be many false prophets, and they would come as wolves in sheep's clothing. (Matthew 7) They would provide a broad path to "destruction" for the "many". It is hard to conceive a broader path then the one provided by the false prophet Paul. As for the churches, their house, because they didn't heed Yeshua's message, those houses will "fall". As for Gentiles/nations versus the house of Israel, well Jacob/Israel will be "chastened", but the nations in which Israel was scattered "I will completely destroy" (Jeremiah 30:10-11). If you "believeth in him", (John 3:16) you might want to pay attention to what he has said, and not nail his message to a pagan cross.

The problem with declaring Paul a false prophet are the following:

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Acts 9:26-35 King James Version (KJV)
26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.
27 But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
28 And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem.
29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.
30 Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus.
31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

Acts 13:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
13 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

Acts 21:17-21 King James Version (KJV)
17 And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly.
18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present.
19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.
20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

If he had been a false prophet, Peter, James and the elders would have declared him so.