• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How new is new age?

ayani

riven-

didn't mean any offence, sorry! i was just speaking on my own experience and impressions.

can i ask, is ACIM classified as a New Age movement?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Gracie, You might like to look at http://www.acim.org/welcome.html ; from what I have read, they don't 'claim' to be new age, but I think they probably are, by implication.

As many posters have said, there really is nothing 'new' in 'new age'.:)

ayani

thank you for the link, michel!

doesn't sound too different (to me, at least) from say New Thought or other similar movements that arose at around that time.

interesting, though.

Riven

Like I said, I don't consider ACIM New Age. It is, in the broadest sense of the term, a form of Christianity. Most consider it New Age because the book is said to be Jesus' words channeled through Helen Schuchman.

Master Vigil said:
It seems that the only new part of new age is the UFO stuff. The rest seems to be taken from OLD times. Why don't they call it OLD age? Or am I wrong in my assumption?
No beloved you are not wrong in that thought since i am hindu many of our teachings are considered "NEW AGE" its only new age for those not in the know which to me is sad.;)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Master Vigil said:
It seems that the only new part of new age is the UFO stuff. The rest seems to be taken from OLD times. Why don't they call it OLD age? Or am I wrong in my assumption?

because we lost a lot of information on the "old" beliefs, "new age" beliefs are, to an extent, recreation attempts

Yes to some extent that is true but the recreation attempts is a bad way of puting it, i think by good people it is explained with clarity, or clarified that positsion the text allready holds so..:confused:....... you have to have discernment an the ability to know what is what, which i know you allready have:sarcastic

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Moses the God Archetype* said:
Yes to some extent that is true but the recreation attempts is a bad way of puting it, i think by good people it is explained with clarity, or clarified that positsion the text allready holds so..:confused:....... you have to have discernment an the ability to know what is what, which i know you allready have:sarcastic

this is not a debate forum, but if i may:

we do not have much information at all abotu ancient celtic beliefs and practices, or what deities they followed/worshipped, or why!

without this information, all we can do is guess or predict - so actually, a recreation attempt is a good way of describing it :149:

Mike182 said:
this is not a debate forum, but if i may:

we do not have much information at all abotu ancient celtic beliefs and practices, or what deities they followed/worshipped, or why!

without this information, all we can do is guess or predict - so actually, a recreation attempt is a good way of describing it :149:
I will not debate with you, this being not the time nor place, but i will say this i have read many post that you have put up on this forum(mike182) and some of your statements are very informative, and some...... lets just say this, you have a long way to go in the process of understanding absolute knowledge which leads to enlightinment what you need is a guru to help you on your path to spirtual understanding then just mabe you will recive those ancient celtic scriptures in some form or way from that teacher.:tsk:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Moses the God Archetype* said:
I will not debate with you, this being not the time nor place, but i will say this i have read many post that you have put up on this forum(mike182) and some of your statements are very informative, and some...... lets just say this, you have a long way to go in the process of understanding absolute knowledge which leads to enlightinment what you need is a guru to help you on your path to spirtual understanding then just mabe you will recive those ancient celtic scriptures in some form or way from that teacher.:tsk:

im 18 years old, my two teachers have just moved because of financial situation

i have mainly studied theory and theology myself, they tought me the practice

i have a long way to go, i will not deny that! but the celts didn't write.... the only written documentation we have is that of roman priests who wrote about the celts

the Irish celts wrote bits, but we don't know much about the celts at all

Mike182 said:
im 18 years old, my two teachers have just moved because of financial situation

i have mainly studied theory and theology myself, they tought me the practice

i have a long way to go, i will not deny that! but the celts didn't write.... the only written documentation we have is that of roman priests who wrote about the celts

the Irish celts wrote bits, but we don't know much about the celts at all
:) Understood beloved, i am 28, 10 years your elder, it is sad that your teachers had to leave due to financial situations i hope those prombles are corrected soon, so the celts did'nt write down there teachings, lost in the sands of time thats not good at all for that infomation could be learned from by people such as yourself in there quest for knowledge, many blessings to you.:jiggy: