• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much does it help?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
At the moment i am thinking of subscribing to a antiracistic organization but, my question is, how much will it help to be in a group? and would it be enough to just be me alone working against racism?

Any thoughts?

Viker

Häxan
Yes, there will be demostrations ( non-political) and there will be debate with the racistic groups that exist here.
So yes maybe standing alone will be mute?
I always can't wait to counter-demonstrate race hate groups here. There's a KKK demonstration soon in the county next to mine. I'll probably be there.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I always can't wait to counter-demonstrate race hate groups here. There's a KKK demonstration soon in the county next to mine. I'll probably be there.
I hope to listen to their argument, and answer them with why I personally believe racism is not a right way to treat others.
And I hope to help people who come here to feel welcome and safe.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Radicalism. What could ever go wrong?
It is not being radical it is to stop harrasment of people who come from other countries to ask for protection, and I will help them so they feel welcome and not hates by extremists who speak bad about people just because of race, religion, sexual identity or other issues

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It is not being radical it is to stop harrasment of people who come from other countries to ask for protection, and I will help them so they feel welcome and not hates by extremists who speak bad about people just because of race, religion, sexual identity or other issues
True but take it too far....

As the saying goes, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".

SA Huguenot

At the moment i am thinking of subscribing to a antiracistic organization but, my question is, how much will it help to be in a group? and would it be enough to just be me alone working against racism?

Any thoughts?
I never want to join organisations for one simple reason.
Indoctrination.
It will eventually consume one to the level of being a bias member of some policy with little or no value.

let me ask you the following questions.
1. in which country do you live?
2. are there discriminatory laws that furthers racism?
If there are no such laws, do you want to create a thought that such laws does exist and "you" have to fight something which everyone knows does not exist?
3. If there are no such laws, determine if there are organisations or groups who practices racism, If you find such organisations, you have a mission to accomplish.

Much rather determine what your objective is in life, than to just follow some person who did not evaluate the above, and stands shouting on a university lawn accusing everyone of racism, when you know it is not true.

Furthermore, take into consideration that many forms of segregation is not racism.
say for instance, a Jewish community comes together for some reason to practice their rites, thats not racism.
If the Italians, Mexican or any orher group of people wants to have a social discourse, thats not racism.
And, if some Irish, German, Dutch or any other white group decides to have a weekend BBQ, thats also not racism.
Yhat is Cultural riches, which should be protected, not critisized.

But if you find groups of a certain race, undermining another racial group, please let me know, for I want to work with you to eradicate such behaviour.

Greetings.
Stay mindfull of your actions and choices

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Any thoughts?

What would you be doing?

If it's community service, advocating, and resources I'd say it depends on how you feel about helping others. If it's not, I don't see the benefit of being apart of a group that doesn't help the people they want to protect.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes, there will be demostrations ( non-political) and there will be debate with the racistic groups that exist here.
So yes maybe standing alone will be mute?

You don't seem like a debate person anymore, how will this help your spiritual outlook unless there are different tasks you can do? I know when I was at the LGBTQ Center briefly they had peaceful demonstration at the PRIDE Parades and the centers had support groups and general resources and such.

rocala

Well said. Good luck with your efforts.

RestlessSoul

When I was young I went on all sorts of demonstrations. I'm pleased I did, but the vibe and tone of some of the organisations I came into contact with wasn't always good.

I joined the Anti Nazi League in the 1970s, but eventually decided there were probably better ways to oppose fascism than roaming East London or Leicester in gangs looking for the National Front, as they were then called, in the hope of evading the police and brawling with skinheads.

Then along came an organisation called Rock Against Racism. That was much more fun; hooking up with people from around the country and decending on London's parks for free concerts featuring The Clash, Eddie Grant, Dennis Brown, Ian Dury etc. Good days, they were.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
In this society, nothing much gets done by people who are not working with others. Whether we like it or not, working as part of a group is the most effective way to actually promote change.

But choose your group wisely.

Justanatheist

When I was young I went on all sorts of demonstrations. I'm pleased I did, but the vibe and tone of some of the organisations I came into contact with wasn't always good.

I joined the Anti Nazi League in the 1970s, but eventually decided there were probably better ways to oppose fascism than roaming East London or Leicester in gangs looking for the National Front, as they were then called, in the hope of evading the police and brawling with skinheads.

Then along came an organisation called Rock Against Racism. That was much more fun; hooking up with people from around the country and decending on London's parks for free concerts featuring The Clash, Eddie Grant, Dennis Brown, Ian Dury etc. Good days, they were.

I lived in Bristol and was just a few years younger than you but it was still great for me being part of the fight against the NF, then the BNP.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I would consider positive acts as well. Does that organization engage in deeds that illustrate their inclusive nature? Do they work with the groups being maligned and discriminated against to see what they want to see?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I hope to listen to their argument, and answer them with why I personally believe racism is not a right way to treat others.
And I hope to help people who come here to feel welcome and safe.

Well, if the arguments from the racist groups start to sound reasonable to you, you might want to reconsider this decision. :p

Justanatheist

Any thoughts?
My experience of racist groups is that they are cowards but they do hunt in packs where they have no respect for age, sex, gender or even disabilities. I hope your organisation works out for you but you appear to be a peaceful soul so just remember sometimes discretion is the better part of valour or as I would say "head down, gob shut". Of course it may be different in your country.