• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How might people learn to love with the kind of love that the world needs?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
The world needs wisdom and justice.
I was planning to post again now, about how religion can be part of helping to spread the kinds of love that the world needs, but now before I do that I want to think some more about the wisdom and justice that it needs.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Screw love. The world needs wisdom and justice.
I think that it needs all three. Now, along with ideas about how it happens that people learn to love with the kind of love that the world needs most of all, I’d like to see ideas about how the wisdom and justice that it needs might grow and spread. I think in the same ways that I’ve said about love, including the growth and spread of healthier, happier and more loving communities. Also, what I’ll be posting later about how religion can be part of that.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I think that it needs all three. Now, along with ideas about how it happens that people learn to love with the kind of love that the world needs most of all, I’d like to see ideas about how the wisdom and justice that it needs might grow and spread. I think in the same ways that I’ve said about love, including the growth and spread of healthier, happier and more loving communities. Also, what I’ll be posting later about how religion can be part of that.
How many times are you going to reply to that post?

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
I’m inviting whoever wants to, to explain what kind of love you think the world needs, and any ways that you can think of that people might learn to love that way.

(edit) Try to think of some ideas about how it happens sometimes, that people learn to love with the kind of love that the world needs. (end edit)

we should grow the proficiency, perfection in all things with the growth of the child

Compassionate experiences and rewards they receive after charity and at least psychological comfort

We encourage a culture of giving from a young age and not harm creatures even if we see a cat opposing a cat.

Provide health care to sick organisms such as birds, cats or dogs

Food for the hungry and putting a cup of water for birds

When I take cheetos chips
And I have a surplus I put it in the garden in a tray to be eaten by birds
They like cheetos so much lol

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Now I want to post some ideas about how religion and science might be more a part of helping to improve the world for all people everywhere. First I’ll review some ideas about how the world will improve. People will be learning more and more to value all people everywhere, and all of nature, and to care what happens to them. People will be be learning not to think of themselves and others in terms of groups and categories, including groups and categories based on what people believe and don’t believe. People will be learning not to think of people with ideas and interests contrary to theirs as adversaries. People will be learning to strictly abstain from all campaigns of denunciation and intimidation. People will be working together for a community life that is continually healthier, happier and more loving for every person in the community, at the level of neighborhoods and villages all around the world. People will be learning to be a better friend to more people. People will be learning more and more to continually improve their own character and the way they live their lives, with all those aims and purposes in mind. People will be learning to use storytelling to inspire others to do all of that, and to train children to do all of that.

For religion to be more a part of that, people will be learning more and more to see and follow the light in one or more of the religions, not in the beliefs associated with them but in their stories, and in the community life of people who are following that light. People will be learning more and more to use their different understandings of scriptures to facilitate that, and not not to draw lines of alienation between themselves and others because of what they believe and don’t believe.

For science to be more a part of that, people will be learning more and more to see the views and ways of thinking that they call “science” as models and analogies that facilitate the development of technologies, and not use them to draw lines of alienation between themselves and others because of what they believe and don’t believe.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I’m inviting whoever wants to, to explain what kind of love you think the world needs,

local_07_temp-1392101831-52f9c9c7-620x348.jpg

and any ways that you can think of that people might learn to love that way.

As the stranger to New York was told after asking how to get Carnegie hall, "Practice. Practice. Practice."

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I was planning to post again now, about how religion can be part of helping to spread the kinds of love that the world needs, but now before I do that I want to think some more about the wisdom and justice that it needs.

My faith evolved from the Roman Church where I was raised, to Buddhism, and than to the Baha'i Faith, and everything remains in pencil.

From Buddhism I learned that freeing yourself from the attachments of the sense of belong, and sense of identity, and that most important that from the human perspective nothing is necessary. I believed to love unselfishly you need to detach yourself from all past,present and future relationships, rewards and expectations.

There is a concept of love that I call conpathic love. There are three levels of love: sympathetic, empathetic and compathetic. Hiint; there is no expectation of reward, nor fulfillment of expectations in this life and the worlds beyond this world.