• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many Bible literalists left?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I am curious how many Bible literalists are left on this site. In my day to day life, I often meet Bible literalists, but that’s just my community.

I joined this site a very vocal proponent of Biblical literalism. Even then, I was under the impression that I was nearly alone in that department on this site. If there are any Bible literalists on this site, they don’t talk to me lol so I am unaware. Hence the thread.

So if you don’t mind, if you are a Bible literalist, say “I”.

Thread may seem strange, so I guess I’ll explain my curiosity.

Well I was a Bible literalist for most my whole life and most my family is currently, so that’s one reason that makes me curious about it specifically.

I wonder if Bible literalism is dying. It’s hard to gauge. Beliefs obviously fluctuate vastly everywhere. It is my suspicion that among younger folk, Bible literalism is on its way out. But this site isn’t younger people lol.

So, Bible literalists, are you here? :shrug:

If so, let me say I envy you. The Bible is cool as heck. Like, if you take it as literal history, then that means you believe hella anime moments went down continually all throughout the time periods the Bible takes place at. I always loved to imagine Elijah calling down pillars of fire on successive armies, especially since I was taught that that happened literally.

Oh I envy you. Sort of anyways haha.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am curious how many Bible literalists are left on this site.
Here. *raises hand* The scriptures in some of the books teach not to be bible literalists, however. Therefore I am a teensy bit conflicted.

I'd say most literalists do not stay long when they visit RF; but we do have some very persistent ones that put up with all the negative threads that ex-religionists make at a very constant pace. A lot of these ex-religionists were themselves literalists once, and which one of the reasons they wound up leaving religion. They expected perfect truth, and then it didn't work out for them. Personally I tire of hearing them brag about how they outsmarted the bible, as if it were some great challenge to discover a sign that it didn't support perfectly literalists reading. I mean...its literally a whole stack of books in a simple binding. You don't have even have to try that hard. Oh no I am bragging aren't I.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd say most literalists do not stay long when they visit RF; but we do have some very persistent ones that put up with all the negative threads that ex-religionists make at a very constant pace.
In my experience, many, if not most, of these threads were created by literalists in an attempt to school others on the nature of their world.