• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How God is not loving

djhwoodwerks

Do you agree with them that Jesus is going to do the work to heal us?

No, I don't believe Jesus is "going to do the work" to heal us, He has 'already done the work' to heal us.

When you go to the doctor for something, you believe that doctor can heal you right? Is it then "you" (your faith that the doctor can cure you) that heals you or is it the doctor that heals you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ephesians 4:10 The one having descended (Jesus) is the same also as has ascended above all the heavens so he might fill all things
Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some indeed apostles (those sent forth of God - Jesus was one sent forth of God)
indeed prophets (Jesus was a prophet)
now evangelists (Jesus went from town to town)
some now shepherds (Jesus is also)
and teachers (Jesus is the great teacher)

There is no subcategory for healing. Why not? Because healing went the way of the dinosaurs or because it is the job of ALL to heal?

Love causes healing.

djhwoodwerks

There is no subcategory for healing. Why not? Because healing went the way of the dinosaurs or because it is the job of ALL to heal?

Matthew 9:35 (ESV Strong's) 35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction.

djhwoodwerks

Love causes healing.

So do words,

Proverbs 4:20-22 (ESV Strong's) 20 My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. 21 Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. 22 For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.

Proverbs 16:24 (ESV Strong's) 24 Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew 9:35 (ESV Strong's) 35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction.
Yes, Please ask God for better attention. I was talking about the gifts in men.

djhwoodwerks

Ephesians 4:10 The one having descended (Jesus) is the same also as has ascended above all the heavens so he might fill all things
Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some indeed apostles (those sent forth of God - Jesus was one sent forth of God)
indeed prophets (Jesus was a prophet)
some now shepherds (Jesus is also)
and teachers (Jesus is the great teacher)

Yes, Please ask God for better attention. I was talking about the gifts in men.

Then why did you include Jesus?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know about that, I love my mom, but she died of cancer. How many "loved" ones die or get sick?
Being loved is not what heals. God is love. God knows how to heal a person. Correct? It takes faith in God to be healed and the desire to be healed.
No doubt can exist in it.