• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How faith alone changes the word of God

I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at?

We're a hybrid body, but with religious terms like soul isn't related in that sense to the physical workings of the body.

How do you define a person (soul); and, if that word is another word for a person/a biological living being, whats the significance of using that word?

thanks
No not a hybrid body but a body and a person

you’re person is who you are
Your person is not physical
You’re person is not sense perceptible or known by the senses
It must be something not physical or supernatural or superior to nature spiritual
Your spiritual supernatural person has intellect and will
So the question is what is the origin of your person? You did not exist at one time now you do, you’re person is not physical so not the result of natural physical conception
What is it, atheists cannot answer
The only logical conclusion is that you are created, therefore there must be a creator!

John1.12

Free gift
thanks for sharing your insights

maybe this will help Cos I think a lot of people confuse these terms

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
The holy church is the ark of grace and salvation!

————————-
Faith is part of works!

Works is defined as something we choose to do, volition!

Faith is also works because you have to choose to believe! Jn 1:12 Jn 3:16 rom 10:9

And continue to believe, a perpetual state of believing. Matt 24:13 Jn 15:1-5

In grace works have merit

————

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

All are redeemed

————

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Yes rome teaches that you have to die in a state of grace . This is how they spin each of those verses you just quoted . Each verse i disagree with the way you presume they teach .

John1.12

Free gift
promise

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery
Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

faith yes
Faith and baptism (sacrament)

Faith alone no! 1 cor 13:3

now do you believe Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38???
Why do you pick Acts 2.38 (,which is to Israel ) in a transitional book of 28 chapters ? Why not go to a verse like Eph 1.13 which is to the body of christ and its established doctrine ? Or were you just taught that ?

John1.12

Free gift
promise

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery
Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

faith yes
Faith and baptism (sacrament)

Faith alone no! 1 cor 13:3

now do you believe Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38???
I believe Eph 1.13 .