• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does the story of Adam and Eve compatible with science?

Kelly of the Phoenix

According to 2Pet.2:5, Noah was “a preacher of righteousness”, he warned them. They had the opportunity to “demonstrate their faith” & get on the Ark.
No artistic representation I've ever seen, even that blasphemous "museum" in Kentucky, show an ark designed to fit all those people Noah supposedly invited.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Creationists forget about plate tectonics. If I remember correctly a lot of the sediments ended up in central valley California. The Gulf of California itself is a rather young feature. It is only about 5 million years old and the delta of the Colorado extends as far north as Indio. Creationists tend to look for the sediments only at the current mouth of the Colorado and look out into the Gulf of California from there. When one looks in the wrong spot it is no wonder that they cannot find the sediments that they are hoping to find:

Good post!! Yes, this is the correct geology related to the Grand Canyon and the delta sediments.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
So, since you consider much of your ancestors’ books, ie., the Hebrew Bible, as fiction and myth, how do you view the origin of the Passover? Do you understand the significance of the *controlled* event?

The objective verifiable evidence concerning the history covered by the flood does not exist. Based on the history of the text evolved from Babylonian and sumerian ancient texts it is based on oral stories handed down about a catastrophic flood of the Tigris Euphrates River Valley.

The only 'controlled events' known are objectively verified 'Natural events such as the documented catastrophic flood of the Tigris Euphrates River valley by Geologic evidence that corresponds to the timing of being some time before the earliest recorded record when these valley were settled. The other catastrophic floods of the world are caused by known documented causes at different times such as Tropical storms. catastrophic local river floods, tsunamis, glacial lake collapses,

Like all religions the 'observances like the Passover are based traditional beliefs and not necessarily historically documented. The supernatural events in the Book of Exodus are not historically documented outside the Exodus of the Bible. There is no archaeological evidence for the events of the Book of Exodus.
(There on raditonal beliefs and not necessarily e’s that word again!)

You don’t believe your God can be the source of miracles, altering the laws of physics!

And no local floods resulted in the preserved megafaunal remains enveloped by the Permafrost…. In some cases, deep within it.

There is no objective evidence for the miraculous events recorded in all the ancient scriptures of the world. Yes over hundreds of thousands of years or more large mammals lived and died in the arctic buried in layers of peat and permafrost over time. This is still happening today. In the Arctic climate they were preserved. If it was a tropical climate very few bones would have survived unless they were quickly buried by sediment along rivers.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah. The Thermians.
I have seen the movie, but I forgot their name. You have a good point. I have met Christians that claimed that all of the parables were real life events. Most of them include the parable of the unfaithful wife. You know, let he that be without sin cast the first stone". Jesus never said that. You are probably aware of how many Christians keep nattering endlessly about all of the "manuscripts" that they have. Manuscripts are merely hand copies of earlier works. But if you live the the manuscripts you also die by them. That parable is oddly enough missing from the earliest manuscripts. I do not know the first time it appears, though a scholar probably would, but it somehow caught on and was fond in more and more manuscripts.

Hmm . . . Google?

It first appears in the mid fifth century, more than 400 years after Jesus's death:

Should ‘Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast the First Stone’ Be in the Bible?

That is a very literalistic Christian site. Not really a scholarly one, but it shows that even Christians know that it was not an original work.