• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does one Realise God

Shantanu

"Jñeyaḥ sa nitya-sannyāsī, yo na dveṣṭi na kāṅkṣati;
nirdvandvo hi mahā-bāho. sukhaṁ bandhāt pramucyate." BG 5.3

(Know him as ever renounced o
ne who neither hates nor desires (the fruits of his activities); such a person, free from all dualities, O mighty-armed Arjuna, easily overcomes material bondage and is completely liberated.)

"Yoga-sthaḥ kuru karmāṇi, saṅgaṁ tyaktvā, Dhanañjaya;
siddhy-asiddhyoḥ samo bhūtvā, samatvaṁ yoga ucyate." BG 2.48

(Perform your duty equipoised, O Arjuna, abandoning all attachment, undisturbed by success or failure, such equanimity is called yoga.)

What you are saying is that we need to be unattached to God even, and abandon that duality. This can only be done if it is true. But one cannot say that one is an atheist, that would be lying or deceiving in my book. One should state the facts. God is Nirguna or Emptiness in the ultimate Reality. We must therefore be that. Thou art that.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What you are saying is that we need to be unattached to God even, and abandon that duality. This can only be done if it is true. But one cannot say that one is an atheist, that would be lying or deceiving in my book.
My post has no reference to any God. I am a strong atheist. I do not believe in existence of Gods and Goddesses. The ultimate reality is Brahman, and Brahman is not a God. It is the substrate of what all exists here.

Last edited:

Shantanu

My post has no reference to any God. I am a strong atheist. I do not believe in existence of Gods and Goddesses. The ultimate reality is Brahman, and Brahman is not a God. It is the substrate of what all exists here.
Do you have any information on this:
My entire theory of everything rested on the assumption that electrons move around in orbits around the nucleus as taught in chemistry lessons in school. And: when inorganic bonds between atoms or covalent bonds between molecules take place, there is a natural force from Brahman that comes into play to produce a new compound.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@Shantanu: I know only 'terrestrial chemistry' not 'divine chemistry'. It was not in my syllabus. And then, you know it well, I am a strong atheist.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you have any information on this:
My entire theory of everything rested on the assumption that electrons move around in orbits around the nucleus as taught in chemistry lessons in school. And: when inorganic bonds between atoms or covalent bonds between molecules take place, there is a natural force from Brahman that comes into play to produce a new compound.
I learned that too -- in seventh grade. It's Bohr's simplified illustration, and even he knew it was inaccurate.

Reality is a little more anti-intuitive. It's a weird dice game.

Shantanu

Always a good response when confronted by something bewildering or unexpected.;)
In the Hinduism DIR there is to be no debating. Until someone provides evidence that it was inaccurate I retain my theory of everything.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In the Hinduism DIR there is to be no debating. Until someone provides evidence that it was inaccurate I retain my theory of everything.
I think you misunderstand. I'm saying "that's odd" or "hmmm..." is the proper response when confronted with the unexpected, as opposed to "impossible" or "I don't believe it."

Shantanu

I think you misunderstand. I'm saying "that's odd" or "hmmm..." is the proper response when confronted with the unexpected, as opposed to "impossible" or "I don't believe it."
What about 'I need more clarification'.

Shantanu

A review:

The universe is an illusion created by God through his maya, or creative powers and will. He is Paramatma and stays out of creation once he has created a self-sustaining universe called Brahman (total energy: physical energy plus consciousness energy incorporating the guna consciousness triad of rajasic, tamasic and sattvic gunas). The creation took place at Big Bang and the model I have sees the illusion of the universe expanding until it dissolves, where in it will be reabsorbed back into God through maya God's creative powers).

The illusion is perfect (we Hindus call it vyvaharika or visible or relative reality) in that we humans are unable to detect the presence of the Creator or Preserver of the illusion through scientific probing. It is like magicians play tricks on the human mind that no one can fathom out.

We humans through surrender to God can become Gods in human form (where in Nirguna God will appear as Saguna God to the individual) to carry out our individual dharmic duties to ourselves infallibly and perfectly for the betterment of ourselves and humanity. That is what these magicians do through mind power.

In the absolute reality (paramarthika) there is nothing but Nirguna God, which is Emptiness.