• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you think

unknow

Hi I am student . Now, I am going to do some research. That research is ask some question about Islam from other. That question is "How do you think about Islam? Is Islam peaceful?
please give your opinion
I just want to know your thinking.
Thanks you for attention.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hi. We have had a few people posting exactly like that, in this very area (which is not the best fit).

I have a hunch that there is some sort of course asking for this exercise.

Welcome to RF, but please consider taking a look around and, perhaps, asking your question in some specific forum. Perhaps General Religious Debates, if you want the full spectrum of opinions, or some of the discussion areas.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
From my perspective most ancient religions are not peaceful, nor are they religions of peace, including Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The history of humanity itself is not peaceful. They are religions that represent the progressive advancement of the spiritual nature of humanity. The one exception of an ancient religion is Buddhism, which has a peaceful history for the most part.

I believe that the religions of the world are indeed a product of Revelation from God including Islam, and have enlightened humanity in their time, the spiritual world of humanity continues to evolve and advance, living in past ancient paradigms divides humanity in conflict and violence.

I agree with @LuisDantas that this should be posted in another form.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Many of us have discussed this question multiple times. I recommend a search is islam peaceful site:religiousforums.com

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
Islam is anything but peaceful, obviously, but neither are christianity or judaism, just read their books. They are all belief systems divorced from reality, apparently at the mercy of their leader's fantasies....... I mean the 'Old Testament' reads like a 'Manual for Genocide' does it not? What a story: after Moses kills an Egyptian for mouthing off about something, his 'God' promotes him to general in charge of the genocide of the Canaanites, who had lived on that land for thousands of years. What madness.....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Much like Christianity, the good in Islam is heavily outweighed by the bad, much like the Bible the Quran provides justification that is easily in reach for great cruelties and evils, our knowledge of pretty much everything has advanced greatly since the Quran was written and we know it is factually wrong about many things, and we have far better and more peaceful sources to turn to for positivity and goodwill.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I mean the 'Old Testament' reads like a 'Manual for Genocide' does it not?
When you read the OT and compare it to how ISIS operated, stormed through Iraq and Syria, and their cruelty and malice, the comparisons are very chilling.

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
When you read the OT and compare it to how ISIS operated, stormed through Iraq and Syria, and their cruelty and malice, the comparisons are very chilling.
And I can understand the mindset of those folks 2000 years ago, as they had only their past to reflect upon, and the mere rudiments of science. It must have been brutal in those days..... and I've never experienced famine which likely occurred within every individual's lifespan. Would I kill if it were my life or his, or my family or his? And it is curious perhaps, that mating becomes a reward of victory, as witnessed in the Bible as well in the behavior of the Russian soldiers who were victorious in Germany 1945.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And it is curious perhaps, that mating becomes a reward of victory, as witnessed in the Bible as well in the behavior of the Russian soldiers who were victorious in Germany 1945.
That is a very interesting question. The best I can come up with is that it may have evolved that way, as sex-to-dominate is seen in other animals, and it is in some way is very commonly the reason even a "normal" rape happens.

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
That is a very interesting question. The best I can come up with is that it may have evolved that way, as sex-to-dominate is seen in other animals, and it is in some way is very commonly the reason even a "normal" rape happens.
Or I suppose it could be the actual increasing the victor's gene pool in the conquered nation, even if not perceived as such at the time by those involved. I wonder if such a study has ever been done, to determine what percentage of the total gene pool was influenced in Germany.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Or I suppose it could be the actual increasing the victor's gene pool in the conquered nation, even if not perceived as such at the time by those involved. I wonder if such a study has ever been done, to determine what percentage of the total gene pool was influenced in Germany.
I don't think it would be possible to do such a study. And, of course, the children of such rape in WWII would have been completely in a different world of legal entitlements than their "*******" counterparts of the Medieval era and other eras cultures when such children/adults would have had the bare minimum of rights and less-than full legal status. If it evolved into us, it probably would have happened a very long time ago, long before we were homo sapiens and the stories of the OT were written.
Or, it might just be a combination of adrenaline, testosterone, and combat highs.

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
Sorry, I got off topic somehow...... To answer your question, yes I think Islam is violent and its holy book encourages violence, part of its 'survival' strategy I guess. I've never understood why religions are so violent except that it likely helps a religious expansion. But Islam I understand is propagating its way to dominance and likely won't need force.