• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Every day is a sabbath and a day of worship for me. My life is worship.
You are misusing the word sabbath. The commandment to observe the sabbath is found in two places:

Deuteronomy 5
12 “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

Exodus 20
8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

It is crystal clear from these verses that the Sabbath refers to the seventh day, and is kept by refraining from work. Any attempt to use "the Sabbath" to label any other idea is wrongheaded.

Elihoenai

No. To become a pagan, a Jew would have to convert to a pagan religion such as Hinduism. To be very honest with you, I have never heard of such a thing.

An atheist is not a pagan. There are plenty of atheist Jews.
Yes, there are Jewish Pagans.

Semitic neopaganism

Jewish neopaganism

"The notion of historical Israelite or Jewish polytheism was popularized in the United States during the 1960s by Raphael Patai in The Hebrew Goddess, focusing on the cult of female goddesses such as the cult of Asherah in Solomon's Temple...."

In Reality all Ethnic Apparently Non-Religious Jews are Pagan. That's because every person on the planet is practising a Religion.

Elihoenai

Basically yes, but I do not believe in scriptural inerrancy. Do you believe the OT should be removed from our Bible since you seem so willing to ignore its teachings?
It appears you have not been reading my posts carefully enough.

In post #59 I wrote this: I Am In Total Agreement With Everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Here is my Nazarite Thread: Did You Know That A Woman Can Be A Nazarite?

Readers can see that I Highly Value the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures and New Testament/Greek Scriptures equally.

Jesus taught the there's only Two Commandments that we must follow: love of God and love of our fellow humans. To me, that's pretty clear.
I Am in Total Agreement with All the Teachings of Yeshua/Jesus. Churches and Members within the Churches in Christendom Interpret the teaching of Yeshua/Jesus differently.

Elihoenai

I dont do worship,
It may appear to you that you don't do Worship. Every person on the planet is Worshiping something. Worshiping is Esteeming and Wanting To Be Something Greater Than Yourself.

This time here is spiritual growth; Learning religious opinions.

I am constantly on that path
What does the Spiritual mean to you you? How do you measure Spiritual Growth?

Elihoenai

Hebrews 5:12

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

What did you practice to Attain this Mature Form of Worship? Every Day is a Sabbath and a Day of Worship is Strong Food.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

What did you practice to Attain this Mature Form of Worship? Every Day is a Sabbath and a Day of Worship is Strong Food.
From the universal perspective, the different religions and their divisions observe different sabbaths. Some observe none You cite the Bible. Which one do you observe? Saturday, Sunday, or another.

Every day as a Sabbath is more universal and a strong food.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The Shabbat is not about worship. It is about rest from labor.
I rest when there is a need not by the ritual of one religion or division dictated by tradition or ancient law. At present, I have a job caring for residents of a memory care facility where I work Saturday and Sunday because others do not work for ritual worship or rest.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

I rest when there is a need not by the ritual of one religion or division dictated by tradition or ancient law. At present, I have a job caring for residents of a memory care facility where I work Saturday and Sunday because others do not work for ritual worship or rest.
Which I'm fine with, and God bless you for your care of others. I'm fine with you resting when you need, and I'm fine with you worshiping every day and all that. It's all fine. :) I'm just saying that the specific word Shabbat (sabbath) refers to resting on the seventh day and nothing else.

IndigoChild5559

It is an abuse of scripture to use them to bash someone. And personal attacks are not an answer to someone's remarks. They are fallacies.

Elihoenai

From the universal perspective, the different religions and their divisions observe different sabbaths. Some observe none You cite the Bible. Which one do you observe? Saturday, Sunday, or another.

Every day as a Sabbath is more universal and a strong food.
Galatians 4:10-11

10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

I Am Christian Gnostic in Total Agreement With the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation. I Observe the Temporal Sabbath from Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset. I'm a Baby on Milk having Not Attained the Strong Food of Sabbath and Worship Every Day.

Found that Temporal Matters, such as Work gets in the Way of Sabbath and Worship Every Day. Were you able to do Sabbath and Worship Every Day before you retired? If yes, how did you incorporate Work into Sabbath and Worship? These questions are another way of posing this question that I ask you previously: What did you practice to Attain the Mature Form of Sabbath and Worship Every Day?

Last edited:

Elihoenai

It is an abuse of scripture to use them to bash someone. And personal attacks are not an answer to someone's remarks. They are fallacies.
Can you explain to readers why you think a personal attack is being made. I Liked @shunyadragon #79 post: How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?

@shunyadragon posted:

Attaining the above is what Totally Devoted Servants of Elohim/God Aspire to Obtain.

Elihoenai

Exodus 31:16

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Sabbath Day Observance is a Covenant that Elohim/God has made with his people Israel. Therefore, if you are Not Observing the Sabbath Day you are Not Part of the People of Israel.

IndigoChild5559

Exodus 31:16

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Sabbath Day Observance is a Covenant that Elohim/God has made with his people Israel. Therefore, if you are Not Observing the Sabbath Day you are Not Part of the People of Israel.
Yeap. The children of Israel. That's not you, and not the world.

Elihoenai

Yeap. The children of Israel. That's not you, and not the world.
Romans 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

There is Spiritual Israel and Fleshly Israel. You are Israel according to the Flesh. You are an Outward Jew. Spiritual Jews are Inward. Elohim/God has Ordained Spiritual Israel and Fleshly Israel.

Jews recreate biblical Passover sacrifice

Ancient Animal Sacrifice Ritual Makes a Modern Comeback