• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you like your Heaven?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Given the diversity I see here at the Forum.....
Heaven could be anything....anything at all.

So...is it every man for himself.....get out of my way?
drag everyone with you...no one gets left behind?
give half to anyone who might ask?
give it all away and then follow?
Is it communistic?
Is it more like reclusive, with little contact and great distance between?

Conflict of any kind?
or no conflict tolerated?.....objection and rebellion dealt with

How about a brainwash?
no part of 'you' carries over.
You wouldn't know your self in a mirror.

How about stark naked?
no secret withheld....no dream unseen

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Assuming you are talking about Vaikuntha, it would be beyond thought. Everything we experience now is minuscule to what we can in Vaikuntha.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Is it communistic?

Conflict of any kind?

How about a brainwash?

How about stark naked?
Peace be on you.
[Post 3 Heaven (Paradise) is obviously different than Heavens (sky, space, universe)]

Life in hereafter will not be material.
It will be spiritual we can visualize few aspects of it.
https://www.alislam.org/books/essence/chap17/chap17.html
https://www.alislam.org/books/study-of-islam/life-after-death.html

David1967

Premium Member
QUOTE="Spiny Norman, post: 4500957, member: 48981"]Limitless ice-cream would definitely be a part of it. :p[/QUOTE]
:facepalm::):p

David1967

Premium Member
I tried to find it on you tube but couldn't find it. The episode of the twilight zone titled "The Hunt" had a interesting take on the concept. If I can find it I will post it later.

dust1n

Zindīq
The only heaven I can imagine is the one I get to temporarily exist in to inform everyone who believes in heaven, "I told you so," before we all vanish.

Aiviu

I dont think its my right to bring this to speech to any other than to God if i truely believe in a heaven only I can imagine. Or?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Is it communistic?

Conflict of any kind?

How about a brainwash?

How about stark naked?

I dont believe in heaven. Disturbed spirits will have time on earth until they find rest. I have a hunch I would be just dust. My think is what would I leave behind, what karma, is going to affect others after my passing. If I am spirit, how can I comfort my loved ones who still live.

Nothing to do with angels and god.

arthra

Baha'i
Heaven for Baha'is is nearness to God...

"...we must always remember that our existence and everything we have or ever will have is dependent upon the Mercy of God and His Bounty, and therefore He can accept into His heaven, which is really nearness to Him, even the lowliest if He pleases."

~ Shoghi Effendi

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, January 12, 1957)

(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 209)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
so let's tighten the tunnel just a bit......

your heaven is made of your dreams?
or is the dreamscape a shared event?.....not altogether your creation?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Heaven is where I am right now, its not in some illusionary future, you can make your life here and now, a heaven or a hell, its your choice.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Heaven is where I am right now, its not in some illusionary future, you can make your life here and now, a heaven or a hell, its your choice.
I cannot agree....
I believe this life is the formation of spirit.
we then go to 'that place' best suited for us.

How else to be happy?
How else to be fair?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I cannot agree....
I believe this life is the formation of spirit.
we then go to 'that place' best suited for us.

How else to be happy?
How else to be fair?
I cannot agree with that, to me its wishful thinking, we as the mind. or who we believe we are will go nowhere, for the mind, the ego isn't who we truly are, so who is going anywhere. We are truly the Source, or God if you prefer that name, the Source animates through the mind body organism, and with our conditioning, programming and genetics, we are who we are as the mind body organism, with its label, "add name". When the body dies, we are where we have always been, right here, and Now, just like a light bulb that is animated by the electricity, when the light bulb dies, the electricity that animated through the bulb to give it light, is where it always was, it hasn't gone anywhere.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I cannot agree with that, to me its wishful thinking, we as the mind. or who we believe we are will go nowhere, for the mind, the ego isn't who we truly are, so who is going anywhere. We are truly the Source, or God if you prefer that name, the Source animates through the mind body organism, and with our conditioning, programming and genetics, we are who we are as the mind body organism, with its label, "add name". When the body dies, we are where we have always been, right here, and Now, just like a light bulb that is animated by the electricity, when the light bulb dies, the electricity that animated through the bulb to give it light, is where it always was, it hasn't gone anywhere.
but there would be a Spirit.....outside of this life.....

I do not believe chemistry is the Source of life.
chemistry is animated by the Spirit.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But do you know what this spirit is, or have you read it somewhere ?.
It is the difference between a chemical reaction.....
and something that has it's own volition.

you would know the difference between a living person and the dead......
spirit

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I would agree with this. Heaven is a quality of the soul and has nothing to do with quantity. We experience our own construct of heaven or hell right now. Don't let your Karma run over your dogma. :D :D :D

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It is the difference between a chemical reaction.....
and something that has it's own volition.

you would know the difference between a living person and the dead......
spirit
A dead persons mind body organism as simply stopped for whatever reason, and there is no more life for that person, all workings of that body has simply stopped working, there is no spirit living within the body, its just something that arise from the Source and has gone back to the Source, the bodies life story has finished for ever.