• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know God disagrees with me?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hard to explain things to someone whose mind is made up and won't listen to other possibilities.
just because I stated why I believe something doesn't mean I'm not open to the possibility that I'm wrong.

I'm very open to the possibility that I'm wrong. However, if God is omnipotent and has control of all that happens, then he wants there to be so much evil in our world.

Otherwise he could give people healthy minds and hearts and he could take away evil inclinations. He could also protect innocent people from Wicked people.

He could also speak up. His refusal to do this, is the cause of the world's evil. His evil.

I know of a girl who got in the car of some man who was pretending to be injured and she got raped and killed for it.

God could have told her he's a con artist.

He could convert or police the world and protect children from pedophiles or rapists. He could take away a person's desire to rape and kill.

God could have let Hitler die as an innocent child, or given his mother a miscarriage. God wanted Hitler to do what he did. God saw it in advance and let it happen anyways.

He doesn't do it because he wants so much evil in the world. Either that or he doesn't exist or he's not omnipotent.

Earthling

David Henson
Saying Mary was taken to heaven, is not idolatrous.

OK. The concept of the immortal soul isn't a Bible teaching. When you die your soul goes with you. Not to heaven. And praying to these so called "souls in heaven" is pagan nonsense.

The reason I don't say more bad things about Mary is, I see her under attack a lot by Christians. No need to go with the norm. Another reason is, where I'm from it's worse to talk about someone's mom than to insult the person.

I've posted on atheist and Christian forums since 1995 and I've never seen anyone, Christian or other, saying bad things about Mary.

Another reason is she is not God, therefore the decisions of God are not her fault.

At least there is some logic there.

God chose to create the devil, let the devil do his work, God chose to commit genocide, and chose to hide himself, long before he ever created Mary.

God created an angel that was perfect and righteous and turned rebellious. God created all people through one, Adam, and so if he chose to commit "genocide" then he did it for a good reason, most likely to protect the rest of mankind or to protect mankind from destroying what he created, including babies and children.

Hidden? It's like I told you. God created the angels long before the Earth and allowed them a indeterminate period of time to mature to the point where they were wise enough to understand that they needed the guidance and protection of their creator, the significance of his sovereignty. He did the same thing with humans, calling the period given for their maturation a "day of rest." When we mature to that point he can be in closer contact with us.

Anyway, why wouldn't he hide from you. You prefer pagan fairy tales and phony celebrities called Saints. Stained glass and vulgar monstrosities of architecture, dead rich people in heaven and burning incense. You've made your uninformed criticisms about God pretty clear. So why don't you stop any attempts to contact the baby killing, genocidal monster and get on with your fantasy?

It's true that the Catholic Church has many corrupt people. Yet there is nothing in the Catholic church that officially teaches that that behavior is okay.

For nearly 2000 years the Catholic church has burned, hacked, meddled politically, murdered, repressed, and stolen from the common man they believe is beneath them. Their followers should have torn the freaks and perverts who run the show to pieces with their bare hands, but they continue supporting them because they are celestially dumbfounded.

It's true that you have not started any Crusades, but the Old Testament is full of violence that God commanded. And you defend it.

That's correct. Because when Jehovah God commands it it is much different than when the Catholic Church does. Or the Protestants, JW's, etc. So I don't command it, I leave it to God. Deus Vult is not my battle cry.

The Bible says God is a baby killer, a lady killer, and a child killer.

And he isn't through yet. When he's done the Catholic Church will be a smoking ruin.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
OK. The concept of the immortal soul isn't a Bible teaching. When you die your soul goes with you. Not to heaven. And praying to these so called "souls in heaven" is pagan nonsense.

I've posted on atheist and Christian forums since 1995 and I've never seen anyone, Christian or other, saying bad things about Mary.

God created an angel that was perfect and righteous and turned rebellious. God created all people through one, Adam, and so if he chose to commit "genocide" then he did it for a good reason, most likely to protect the rest of mankind or to protect mankind from destroying what he created, including babies and children.

Hidden? It's like I told you. God created the angels long before the Earth and allowed them a indeterminate period of time to mature to the point where they were wise enough to understand that they needed the guidance and protection of their creator, the significance of his sovereignty. He did the same thing with humans, calling the period given for their maturation a "day of rest." When we mature to that point he can be in closer contact with us.

Anyway, why wouldn't he hide from you. You prefer pagan fairy tales and phony celebrities called Saints. Stained glass and vulgar monstrosities of architecture, dead rich people in heaven and burning incense. You've made your uninformed criticisms about God pretty clear. So why don't you stop any attempts to contact the baby killing, genocidal monster and get on with your fantasy?

For nearly 2000 years the Catholic church has burned, hacked, meddled politically, murdered, repressed, and stolen from the common man they believe is beneath them. Their followers should have torn the freaks and perverts who run the show to pieces with their bare hands, but they continue supporting them because they are celestially dumbfounded.

That's correct. Because when Jehovah God commands it it is much different than when the Catholic Church does. Or the Protestants, JW's, etc. So I don't command it, I leave it to God. Deus Vult is not my battle cry.

And he isn't through yet. When he's done the Catholic Church will be a smoking ruin.
I've seen Christians say a lot of negative things about Mary, at least they say negative things about the Mary that the church believes in.

Actually, the Bible does indicate that there is a heaven.

Abraham was interacting with the rich man. Both were dead.

The dead Martyrs in Revelation were asking God for vengeance. They were still alive in spirit.

Also, the Bible does not say that if a practice is not found in the Bible, it is false

I pray to "God the baby killer", because I hope he will be kind to people.

I'm also not so sure he is the mass murderer that scripture says he is. Just because an ancient text says something doesn't make it true.

the way you talk doesn't even indicate that you are open to the possibility that you are wrong.

And once again, the Christian Bible was a Catholic book Century after Century after century. Protestantism was invented by men in the 16th century. It did not exist prior to that.

God clearly wanted the Catholic Church to have the power it has.

Besides, I'm not sure that the Catholic church is correct in everything it teaches.

I actually have a repugnance for the vast majority of Catholics.

And even if asking souls in heaven is false ( because there are no souls in heaven), there is still nothing in the New Testament that condemns it.

and if you read the Old Testament in proper context, the Old Testament does not condemn it either.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

All of your beliefs about God seem to come from an extremist book with many bloodthirsty verses. I'm not saying the New Testament is bloodthirsty, but a person has to quote the Old Testament to have a beef with Catholic devotions, and if understood in proper context, the Old Testament speaks against séances and summoning spirits from Sheol, where a person could be summoning the wrong spirits.

Jesus redeemed people and atoned for their sins. Catholics believe they can invoke redeemed people in heaven who assist the earth. That isn't Pagan because it is still Christocentric and God-centered.

Jesus spoke of the "Kingdom of heaven" many times.

He spoke about his father having many mansions and that he would prepare a place for his people.

If there is no heaven, where is this throne of God that Scripture speaks of so much? Where are all these mansions? Where are all these angels coming from?

Elijah and Enoch ascended into heaven. Where else did they go, mars?

But then again, I don't even know why I'm talking the Scriptures with you. Nothing in the Scriptures says that every belief about God, Theology, tradition, or practice must be found in the Bible. That belief is popular but it is a man-made delusion.

Jesus didn't give his first followers a Bible. He gave them a Church. In acts 15, the council of Jerusalem, the Apostles made the decision that the law of Moses didn't need to be followed, and their decision totally contradicted the Scriptures of the time. They were allowed to contradict the Scriptures as the Church authority.

I don't know where your ideas come from, but they don't resemble the teachings of the Christians in the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth century and beyond.

Scripture says "we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses." Over a billion Christians believe that cloud of witnesses are the souls in heaven. Who are you to say they are all in error. You do not know they believe in a lie so don't you go spouting off a bunch of nonsense about what you know to be true. All you know is your interpretation of Scripture and you are your own Pope, your own magisterium, your own hierarchy claiming you know the interpretation of Scripture that Theologians smarter than you have been arguing with eachother about century after century after century.

There is no unity in Protestantism. It's all a bunch of man-made denominations that follow some stupid "Bible alone" Doctrine which isn't even taught in the Bible. The Bible says, "Tell it to the Church, if they refuse to listen to the Church, let them be to you as a Pagan or a tax collector."

If the Bible was so important, Jesus would have left the first Christians with such a book. He didn't. He left them with a Church. How do you know the Holy Spirit doesn't guide Church councils.

The Catholic Church has been so powerful because God wanted it to be that way. I'm convinced that God wants me to go to Catholic Churches and the Cathedral because it is there that I feel the presence of God more than some pathetic infantile protestant service. And I will go to a protestant Church this sunday. I guarantee it will just annoy me like every other Protestant service. They reject what Christians were united on for roughly 1500 years. Protestantism splintered and divided Christianity more than any other movement in history!

I have been to missions and soup kitchens in Chicago and new York that cared for the poor in every way that Jesus taught people to do. I currently get free meals and free housing from Catholic charities. The Catholic Churches, charities, monks, nuns, missionaries, Catholic hospital, and the cathedral helps me out far more than anything coming from non-catholics. This loudly proclaims to me that God is working far more in the Catholic Church than these small, shallow, insignificant, infantile, man-made, watered down protestant Churches.

I'm not saying Catholicism is true, but it certainly shows more promise than these pathetic divided tiny protestant denominations that think they know better than the first roughly 1500 years of Christianity. Not to mention, the ones that embrace Solascriptura don't even follow the Bible.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
how-do-you-know-god-disagrees-with-me
1: There is no common definition of God. So whatever you come up with is fine.
2: If God is the do-er of everything "who disagrees with who?"
3: If we are all Children of God then God is the parent, so responsible for everything. If He would disagree He should have taught you different

My Master always said "Yes, yes, yes". Who gave you the idea "God disagrees with things"?
God is also said to be "the eternal witness" ... again no disagreeing God
God advises us to "not judge" .. he should give the correct the example

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Any studies on that? In my country I'd guess most Christians don't believe in such.
Go to a Christian forum and start a thread asking "Is hell eternal"? You will get an enormous amount of responses stating it is. I have anyway.

Earthling

David Henson
I've seen Christians say a lot of negative things about Mary, at least they say negative things about the Mary that the church believes in.

Well, I don't think I have. Of course, Mary, with her ancient Hebrew upbringing would find the church's beliefs in her repulsive.

Actually, the Bible does indicate that there is a heaven.

Abraham was interacting with the rich man. Both were dead.

The dead Martyrs in Revelation were asking God for vengeance. They were still alive in spirit.

I stopped in the middle of your post because I get the impression your not paying attention to what I'm actually saying. Maybe your projecting criticisms you are accustomed to against the church and responding to that instead of what I actually say.

I've never said heaven doesn't exist. I said Jehovah God created heaven for himself and his angels and that flesh and blood can't enter heaven. Mary's Assumption was in the flesh, which is contrary to scripture. Not that that means anything to you, I'm just saying. The illustration Jesus gave on Lazarus and the rich man wasn't a factual account, only an illustration. Jesus later said that no man had ascended to heaven except he who descended from heaven, and that in spirit form not the flesh.

Also, the Bible does not say that if a practice is not found in the Bible, it is false.

Again, why invoke the meaning of the Bible when it means absolutely nothing to you? Deuteronomy 18:10-12 forbids those who would inquire of the dead. Also see Isaiah 8:19. If the Bible teaches that when you die that's it, you are dead, no part of you called the soul or otherwise, lives on in heaven or on earth that means that the people who you are praying to, i.e., dead "souls" in heaven are either a product of your vivid imagination or, demonic.

I pray to "God the baby killer", because I hope he will be kind to people.

I'm also not so sure he is the mass murderer that scripture says he is. Just because an ancient text says something doesn't make it true.

What else do you have to go on?

the way you talk doesn't even indicate that you are open to the possibility that you are wrong.

The same could be said of yourself. But, I can be wrong. I'm not likely wrong about the bloody history of the church, or Christendom as far as that goes. I'm not likely wrong about the information I gave on the false claim that the Bible is a Catholic book. It's canon was agreed upon and historically commented upon at least 400 years before the Catholic Church was propped up by apostate sun worshipers. I'm not wrong about the church burning translations, burning translators at the stake, prohibiting the Bible from getting in the hands of the common folk.

And once again, the Christian Bible was a Catholic book Century after Century after century. Protestantism was invented by men in the 16th century. It did not exist prior to that.

Nonsense.

God clearly wanted the Catholic Church to have the power it has.

No he didn't, although I can see how you would think so, given your estimation of God.

Besides, I'm not sure that the Catholic church is correct in everything it teaches.

Who is correct in everything they teach? No religious organization or individual. Aside from Jesus Christ. That isn't realistically expected of anyone or any organization.

I actually have a repugnance for the vast majority of Catholics.

My hatred of the church doesn't extend to a hatred of Catholics. I do marvel at their willingness to support the type of organization it is and always has been. Those remaining silent in the face of that kind of ugliness is shameful, but I don't hate anyone.

And even if asking souls in heaven is false ( because there are no souls in heaven), there is still nothing in the New Testament that condemns it.

and if you read the Old Testament in proper context, the Old Testament does not condemn it either.

There's no point in you and I arguing about these things. We are so far apart we are not really able to see one another.

Just tell me, if you would please, what you get out of your fascination with the dead, with saints, and with the catholic church? I know you've mentioned really liking mass and I know you have mentioned feeling some sort of comfort or relief from confession. Of course, you know, don't you, that you could confess to any friend or trusted one with the same effect, as saying "40 hail Mary's" and whatever.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, I don't think I have. Of course, Mary, with her ancient Hebrew upbringing would find the church's beliefs in her repulsive.

I stopped in the middle of your post because I get the impression your not paying attention to what I'm actually saying. Maybe your projecting criticisms you are accustomed to against the church and responding to that instead of what I actually say.

I've never said heaven doesn't exist. I said Jehovah God created heaven for himself and his angels and that flesh and blood can't enter heaven. Mary's Assumption was in the flesh, which is contrary to scripture. Not that that means anything to you, I'm just saying. The illustration Jesus gave on Lazarus and the rich man wasn't a factual account, only an illustration. Jesus later said that no man had ascended to heaven except he who descended from heaven, and that in spirit form not the flesh.

Again, why invoke the meaning of the Bible when it means absolutely nothing to you? Deuteronomy 18:10-12 forbids those who would inquire of the dead. Also see Isaiah 8:19. If the Bible teaches that when you die that's it, you are dead, no part of you called the soul or otherwise, lives on in heaven or on earth that means that the people who you are praying to, i.e., dead "souls" in heaven are either a product of your vivid imagination or, demonic.

What else do you have to go on?

The same could be said of yourself. But, I can be wrong. I'm not likely wrong about the bloody history of the church, or Christendom as far as that goes. I'm not likely wrong about the information I gave on the false claim that the Bible is a Catholic book. It's canon was agreed upon and historically commented upon at least 400 years before the Catholic Church was propped up by apostate sun worshipers. I'm not wrong about the church burning translations, burning translators at the stake, prohibiting the Bible from getting in the hands of the common folk.

Nonsense.

No he didn't, although I can see how you would think so, given your estimation of God.

Who is correct in everything they teach? No religious organization or individual. Aside from Jesus Christ. That isn't realistically expected of anyone or any organization.

My hatred of the church doesn't extend to a hatred of Catholics. I do marvel at their willingness to support the type of organization it is and always has been. Those remaining silent in the face of that kind of ugliness is shameful, but I don't hate anyone.

There's no point in you and I arguing about these things. We are so far apart we are not really able to see one another.

Just tell me, if you would please, what you get out of your fascination with the dead, with saints, and with the catholic church? I know you've mentioned really liking mass and I know you have mentioned feeling some sort of comfort or relief from confession. Of course, you know, don't you, that you could confess to any friend or trusted one with the same effect, as saying "40 hail Mary's" and whatever.
I addressed much of your post on a totally different thread.

Where was this General consensus on what the New Testament Canon was 400 years before the Catholic Church decided it? I'm pretty sure I caught you in a lie!

The reason I pray the rosary and make shrines for the dead, is it takes me from a miserable State and makes me euphoric and feel spiritual ecstasy.

I feel it's what God wants me to do, because nothing else I do works.

It's the only thing that stops me from trying to kill myself again.

Protestant Services just make me want to kill myself , and I find them boring and extremely irritating.

When I attend Protestant churches it makes me hate my life worse many times more than I did before. It teaches me what a poor job God is doing to Enlighten his people.

Not to mention, I find them to be hypocritical and very unbiblical.

When I meet Catholics, I feel God is doing a poor job of guiding them as well, but I get that feeling far stronger around Protestants.

I find Protestants to be a lot more hateful, bigoted, irrational, and depressing than the average Catholic.

Earthling

David Henson
All of your beliefs about God seem to come from an extremist book with many bloodthirsty verses. I'm not saying the New Testament is bloodthirsty, but a person has to quote the Old Testament to have a beef with Catholic devotions, and if understood in proper context, the Old Testament speaks against séances and summoning spirits from Sheol, where a person could be summoning the wrong spirits.

If you mean to imply that there are "spirits" in Sheol, you are mistaken. The Bible condemns any attempt to contact the dead for any reason. The so called "New Testament" (a misnomer since there is no such thing as a "New" testament) calls it spiritism. Drug use is also spiritism. Primitive people use drugs to access the "spirit world." The reason for not contacting the dead is that the dead aren't conscious of anything. They are just dead. So you are really contacting demons, just as you are opening up yourself to demon influence with drug use.

Jesus redeemed people and atoned for their sins. Catholics believe they can invoke redeemed people in heaven who assist the earth. That isn't Pagan because it is still Christocentric and God-centered.

It's pagan nonsense or demonic. Only Jesus had the authority to do that and dead people don't go to heaven.

Jesus spoke of the "Kingdom of heaven" many times.

Yes, he did. The new heavens and the new earth, once Satan and his angels and his followers on Earth, like people who seek guidance and protection or entertainment value through contacting the dead, will be destroyed. Then Jehovah God's kingdom will replace the governments, commerce and religions of man with his own Kingdom. The earth will be part of the Kingdom of the Heavens.

He spoke about his father having many mansions and that he would prepare a place for his people.

Who was he talking to? Catholics? No. They didn't exist. When they did exist their teachings were not his teachings.

If there is no heaven, where is this throne of God that Scripture speaks of so much? Where are all these mansions? Where are all these angels coming from?

I don't know where you got the idea that I said there was no heaven. I never said that.

Elijah and Enoch ascended into heaven. Where else did they go, mars?

Enoch was put to death and Elijah was taken to another place on earth. He later wrote a letter from that place. Neither of them went to heaven, as Jesus later said no man had ascended to heaven.

But then again, I don't even know why I'm talking the Scriptures with you. Nothing in the Scriptures says that every belief about God, Theology, tradition, or practice must be found in the Bible. That belief is popular but it is a man-made delusion.

The man made delusion is that pagan religious practices can be justified through becoming traditions of fake religious bull**** PR people like the Popes and the church.

Earthling

David Henson
I addressed much of your post on a totally different thread.

Where was this General consensus on what the New Testament Canon was 400 years before the Catholic Church decided it? I'm pretty sure I caught you in a lie!

No. You think that the early disciples (disciples, by the way, comes from the word discipline. Discipline of Jesus teachings as only presented in the Bible. Nowhere else) were Catholic? Peter was supposed to be the first Pope. Peter was married, you know? That's the sort of misinformation you seem to be proposing. If you think that the council of Nice or any other had some authority to confirm what had already been established, namely, the canon, you are deluded.

The reason I pray the rosary and make shrines for the dead, is it takes me from a miserable State and makes me euphoric and feel spiritual ecstasy.

Yeah. That sounds about right. Like the native Americans strung out on Peyote. You have no idea what kind of danger that puts you in, especially spiritually.

I feel it's what God wants me to do, because nothing else I do works.

That's what bugs me. You blaspheme God all over the place, then pray to him for protection and feel he wants you to do the very things you have to know he hates because it makes you feel all spacey and good. I mean, I've been there, as far as being out of my head and body and space and time, but I never labored under the illusion that I was doing it on behalf of a God I hated.

It's the only thing that stops me from trying to kill myself again.

I told you this the first time I communicated with you. It probably is the thing that makes you want to kill yourself. Your illusions as to what happens after death, contrary to the Bible, and the drugs, and the spirits, candles, shrines, incense, and that Goddamn flag you fly at the bottom of each post.

Protestant Services just make me want to kill myself , and I find them boring and extremely irritating.

When I attend Protestant churches it makes me hate my life worse many times more than I did before. It teaches me what a poor job God is doing to Enlighten his people.

Not to mention, I find them to be hypocritical and very unbiblical.

And it is. All of that stuff is the same as your own brand of euphoria, only without the blatant spiritism and pagan traditions. It isn't God's fault, though, those Protestants are just like you. They aren't looking for God, they are looking for that high or a cash cow, or social, cultural, traditional nonsense.

When I meet Catholics, I feel God is doing a poor job of guiding them as well, but I get that feeling far stronger around Protestants.

I find Protestants to be a lot more hateful, bigoted, irrational, and depressing than the average Catholic.

The only problem I have had with Catholics that differs from Protestants but is quite similar to atheists, is accountability. Otherwise they're all the same.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No. You think that the early disciples (disciples, by the way, comes from the word discipline. Discipline of Jesus teachings as only presented in the Bible. Nowhere else) were Catholic? Peter was supposed to be the first Pope. Peter was married, you know? That's the sort of misinformation you seem to be proposing. If you think that the council of Nice or any other had some authority to confirm what had already been established, namely, the canon, you are deluded.

Yeah. That sounds about right. Like the native Americans strung out on Peyote. You have no idea what kind of danger that puts you in, especially spiritually.

That's what bugs me. You blaspheme God all over the place, then pray to him for protection and feel he wants you to do the very things you have to know he hates because it makes you feel all spacey and good. I mean, I've been there, as far as being out of my head and body and space and time, but I never labored under the illusion that I was doing it on behalf of a God I hated.

I told you this the first time I communicated with you. It probably is the thing that makes you want to kill yourself. Your illusions as to what happens after death, contrary to the Bible, and the drugs, and the spirits, candles, shrines, incense, and that Goddamn flag you fly at the bottom of each post.

And it is. All of that stuff is the same as your own brand of euphoria, only without the blatant spiritism and pagan traditions. It isn't God's fault, though, those Protestants are just like you. They aren't looking for God, they are looking for that high or a cash cow, or social, cultural, traditional nonsense.

The only problem I have had with Catholics that differs from Protestants but is quite similar to atheists, is accountability. Otherwise they're all the same.
You teach that God is an absolutely hateful bigot.

You are asking me to give up the one thing in life that has brought the grace of God to me.

You are asking me to embrace the most depressing religion I've ever heard of.

You are asking me to give up every ounce of Hope in God that I have!

you are asking me to believe that every Christian Church on Earth was deceived for roughly 1500 years.

You are asking me to believe that God failed to guide his people.

You are asking me to give up the one thing that brought me God's grace!

You are asking me to give up the one thing that made me a nicer person!

you are asking me to give up the one thing that brought me peace and stops me from trying suicide again.

You are asking me to give up the one thing that brought me out of depression.

you are asking me to give up the one thing that stopped me from being a sociopath.

anyone who does that makes me absolutely sick, and such disgusting Behavior runs rampant among Christians, especially protestantism!.

you are asking me to embrace beliefs that will rapidly cause my mental health to deteriorate!

You are asking me to believe what I know to be extremely toxic!

Gee thanks buddy! Give yourself a pat on the back!

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I'm going to a Protestant service tomorrow.

I tried being a Protestant and it was the most miserable depressing disgusting worthless thing I ever embraced in my life.

I tried believing in the Bible and read it from front to back and it made me want to puke.

thank you for telling me to embrace what will make me more disgusted than anything on the earth and increase my desire to kill myself more than any other beliefs on the planet!

thank you for wanting me to swallow poison and have the most toxic feeling I could possibly have running through my bloodstream.

the only thing I hate about God is the god promoted by bigots and hateful condemning people like yourself.

Earthling

David Henson
You teach that God is an absolutely hateful bigot.

I teach that God is what God is to the best of my ability. I don't deny the Bible because it doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I think that your problem is that you don't see the forest for the trees. That's my opinion. You do seem to know the Bible well enough, but you don't get the overall picture.

You are asking me to give up the one thing in life that has brought the grace of God to me.

What God? The monster of the Bible or the one of your own making?

You are asking me to embrace the most depressing religion I've ever heard of.

I wouldn't advise anyone to embrace any organized religion. I'm asking you to let go of God the monster. I suggest you give up the spiritism, but that's your business. Sometimes that which makes you feel good is bad. You know this to be true.

You are asking me to give up every ounce of Hope in God that I have!

What hope could you have in a hateful bigot? You don't approve of the God of the Bible. You say the Bible is nonsense, though you also say it was created by the Catholic church, which you also are not that crazy about. You love the pageantry, the spectacle, the mysticism. All these things are products of tradition and vanity.

you are asking me to believe that every Christian Church on Earth was deceived for roughly 1500 years.

Is that so difficult to comprehend? Can you name one that hasn't been during your lifetime? Or the last 100 years? 200?

You are asking me to believe that God failed to guide his people.

No, that his people weren't interested in his guidance. Adam. The ancient Israelites. The Christians, especially after the 4th Century C.E. Do some research.

You are asking me to give up the one thing that brought me God's grace!

Do you even know what that word means? Undeserved kindness. You hate God. You hate his word, the Bible.

You are asking me to give up the one thing that made me a nicer person!

Again. This diabolical monster you wail against made you a nicer person?

you are asking me to give up the one thing that brought me peace and stops me from trying suicide again.

You are asking me to give up the one thing that brought me out of depression.

you are asking me to give up the one thing that stopped me from being a sociopath.

Bull****.

anyone who does that makes me absolutely sick, and such disgusting Behavior runs rampant among Christians, especially protestantism!.

you are asking me to embrace beliefs that will rapidly cause my mental health to deteriorate!

You are asking me to believe what I know to be extremely toxic!

Again. I'm asking you to let go of that which you have repeatedly proclaimed is toxic.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I teach that God is what God is to the best of my ability. I don't deny the Bible because it doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I think that your problem is that you don't see the forest for the trees. That's my opinion. You do seem to know the Bible well enough, but you don't get the overall picture.

What God? The monster of the Bible or the one of your own making?

I wouldn't advise anyone to embrace any organized religion. I'm asking you to let go of God the monster. I suggest you give up the spiritism, but that's your business. Sometimes that which makes you feel good is bad. You know this to be true.

What hope could you have in a hateful bigot? You don't approve of the God of the Bible. You say the Bible is nonsense, though you also say it was created by the Catholic church, which you also are not that crazy about. You love the pageantry, the spectacle, the mysticism. All these things are products of tradition and vanity.

Is that so difficult to comprehend? Can you name one that hasn't been during your lifetime? Or the last 100 years? 200?

No, that his people weren't interested in his guidance. Adam. The ancient Israelites. The Christians, especially after the 4th Century C.E. Do some research.

Do you even know what that word means? Undeserved kindness. You hate God. You hate his word, the Bible.

Again. This diabolical monster you wail against made you a nicer person?

Bull****.

Again. I'm asking you to let go of that which you have repeatedly proclaimed is toxic.
I don't believe God is a hateful monster.
The God of the Old Testament taught opposite things that Jesus taught like "turn the other cheek, love your enemies, bless those who persecute you!"

How do you know I reject God's word? How do you know all of the Bible is God's word? You don't.

The God I have experienced is not the God that I invented. I accept that he isn't who I want him to be. But I believe he is telling me loudly and clearly to follow my conscience.

Earthling

David Henson
I don't believe God is a hateful monster.

Well, then, that's my mistake. I apologize. I should have recognized the lovable old baby, lady killing genocidal bigot.

The God of the Old Testament taught opposite things that Jesus taught like "turn the other cheek, love your enemies, bless those who persecute you!"

And to whom did Jesus pray? And for whom, in the book of Revelation, will Jesus destroy billions of people? He isn't going to be hanging around down at the airport handing out flowers and chanting gibberish.

How do you know I reject God's word? How do you know all of the Bible is God's word? You don't.

Yes I do. Quit lying to yourself! If you hadn't heard of God from the Bible you would be lighting candles to Buddha.

The God I have experienced is not the God that I invented. I accept that he isn't who I want him to be. But I believe he is telling me loudly and clearly to follow my conscience.

And how's that working out for you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, then, that's my mistake. I apologize. I should have recognized the lovable old baby, lady killing genocidal bigot.

And to whom did Jesus pray? And for whom, in the book of Revelation, will Jesus destroy billions of people? He isn't going to be hanging around down at the airport handing out flowers and chanting gibberish.

Yes I do. Quit lying to yourself! If you hadn't heard of God from the Bible you would be lighting candles to Buddha.

It's working a hell of a lot better for me than when I was filled with rage and fear 24 hours a day 7 days a week believing the trash that you believe!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It's working a hell of a lot better for me than when I was filled with rage and fear 24 hours a day 7 days a week believing the trash that you believe!
not to mention I was depressed as hell believing that God is a bigger mass murderer than Adolf Hitler by far!

Spiderman

Veteran Member

There are some good things in the Bible. That does not mean it is all without error and inspired by God.

But go ahead and keep loving and worshipping your bigot God. Why should I believe such hatred anyways?