• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you get to Heaven?

LoveFaithHope

Joyful Member
Lets all who would love to get to Heaven discuss this topic.
Do you believe in God? If you do, do you think He is absolutely Holy and Pure and Perfect? And if so, how do you get to His place - Heaven?

I will write more of my thoughts as soon as I hear yours.
Thank you!!!

Me Myself

Back to my username
Always that people ask this question, I present my favorite zen story :eek: , may you enjoy it :) :

The old monk sat by the side of the road. With his eyes closed, his legs crossed and his hands folded in his lap, he sat. In deep meditation, he sat.

Suddenly his zazen was interrupted by the harsh and demanding voice of a samurai warrior. "Old man! Teach me about heaven and hell!"

At first, as though he had not heard, there was no perceptible response from the monk. But gradually he began to open his eyes, the faintest hint of a smile playing around the corners of his mouth as the samurai stood there, waiting impatiently, growing more and more agitated with each passing second.

"You wish to know the secrets of heaven and hell?" replied the monk at last. "You who are so unkempt. You whose hands and feet are covered with dirt. You whose hair is uncombed, whose breath is foul, whose sword is all rusty and neglected. You who are ugly and whose mother dresses you funny. You would ask me of heaven and hell?"

The samurai uttered a vile curse. He drew his sword and raised it high above his head. His face turned to crimson and the veins on his neck stood out in bold relief as he prepared to sever the monk's head from its shoulders.

"That is hell," said the old monk gently, just as the sword began its descent. In that fraction of a second, the samurai was overcome with amazement, awe, compassion and love for this gentle being who had dared to risk his very life to give him such a teaching. He stopped his sword in mid-flight and his eyes filled with grateful tears.

"And that," said the monk, "is heaven."

-----------------

LoveFaithHope

Joyful Member
Always that people ask this question, I present my favorite zen story :eek: , may you enjoy it :) :

The old monk sat by the side of the road. With his eyes closed, his legs crossed and his hands folded in his lap, he sat. In deep meditation, he sat........

Hey Me Myself, interesting story. However I would love know, what about you, you Yourself? Do you believe in God? Do you believe in Heaven? :)
thanks

Me Myself

Back to my username
I believe in the story:

Heaven is within.

About God, I am a panentheist, that means that i believe God is absolutely everywhere and everything.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Do you believe in God?
I do, absolutely. :)

If you do, do you think He is absolutely Holy and Pure and Perfect?
What do you mean by "holy" and "perfect"?

I do not believe in concepts of impurity or of evil, so I can say God is pure. I believe we are all pure, and our "impurities" are just our ignorance, and temporary features without a need for any idea of evil, demons, Satan, or anything.

And if so, how do you get to His place - Heaven?
I believe one can go to what I would term "Heaven", by following what are known by Hindus as yogas: bhakti yoga (devotional worship), jñāna yoga (learning, wisdom), karma yoga (good deeds), and dhyāna/rāja yoga (meditation, contemplation).

Rakhel

Do I believe in G-d?
yes.

How do I plan on getting to heave?
Well, I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I am the ultimate God.

That said, I am no more the ultimate God than anyone else is.

Ultimately, the title has no importance. Peace has importance.

LoveFaithHope

Joyful Member
What do you mean by "holy" and "perfect"?

I do not believe in concepts of impurity or of evil, so I can say God is pure. I believe we are all pure, and our "impurities" are just our ignorance, and temporary features without a need for any idea of evil, demons, Satan, or anything.

Do you believe God created universe and ultimately brought you to the earth He created?

I believe one can go to what I would term "Heaven", by following what are known by Hindus as yogas: bhakti yoga (devotional worship), jñāna yoga (learning, wisdom), karma yoga (good deeds), and dhyāna/rāja yoga (meditation, contemplation).

Is this temporary? I mean is this type of Heaven you discribe going through yoga etc, is this temporary stage you describing??

thanks.

LoveFaithHope

Joyful Member
Do I believe in G-d?
yes.

How do I plan on getting to heave?
Well, I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Rakhel,
So you believe in God. Great! However your second response, that you will cross that bridge when you come to it (getting to heaven) is little bit uncertain. don't you think? What if you never come to that bridge? How is that bridge may look like? do you know? What if you will not be able ever recognize it?
thanks.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Do you believe God created universe and ultimately brought you to the earth He created?
My belief is that what I deem to be God is the universe, but also transcends it; God is more than just the universe, and that human explanations of God are, at best, imperfect metaphors that use tradition, anthromorphisms, mythology, and more to explain It to others. I do not take religious texts literally either. Ultimately I do not believe God can be explained by human language, and should just be experienced.
I believe I am a part of this same God.
My opinion is the universe emanates from God; it isn't "created" as such in a way that many would traditionally hold a view, and I don't believe that it was deliberately made the way it is. The same for us: we were not created, but appeared here through the Big Bang, evolution, etc.

So yes, no, both, neither.

Is this temporary? I mean is this type of Heaven you discribe going through yoga etc, is this temporary stage you describing??
Not the one found from yoga.
Achieving a temporary Heaven would defeat the purpose of yoga.

Yoga: yolking, joining (with God).

Rakhel

Rakhel,
So you believe in God. Great! However your second response, that you will cross that bridge when you come to it (getting to heaven) is little bit uncertain. don't you think? What if you never come to that bridge? How is that bridge may look like? do you know? What if you will not be able ever recognize it?
thanks.
What if I never get to the bridge?

Then I shall live FOREVAAAAA!!!!!!!:D

What I am saying is that everyone one dies. It's a fact of life.
I also believe that everyone goes to heaven. Good and bad alike.

So how will I get to heaven?
I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

LoveFaithHope

Joyful Member
I am the ultimate God.

That said, I am no more the ultimate God than anyone else is.

Ultimately, the title has no importance. Peace has importance.

If title is not important, than you are not ultimate God, just a small god. However if under your definition everyone is Ultimate God, than everyone can do what ever they wish, True?? Please let me know.
thanks

Tristesse

If title is not important, than you are not ultimate God, just a small god. However if under your definition everyone is Ultimate God, than everyone can do what ever they wish, True?? Please let me know.
thanks

Everyone can do what they want. What makes you think that they can't?

Me Myself

Back to my username
If title is not important, than you are not ultimate God, just a small god.

If you wish to call me that, I won't refute :p

I am both the ultimate God as I am a minor God.

However if under your definition everyone is Ultimate God, than everyone can do what ever they wish, True?? Please let me know.
thanks

Depends of what you mean. If you mean anyone can do any evil deeds they want, well, sure they can! Karma will get them though.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Lets all who would love to get to Heaven discuss this topic.
Do you believe in God? If you do, do you think He is absolutely Holy and Pure and Perfect? And if so, how do you get to His place - Heaven?
I will write more of my thoughts as soon as I hear yours.
Thank you!!!

Right, God's place [location] is heaven [ 1st Kings chapter 8 ]
Getting to heaven involves dying first.
[flesh and blood [physical] can not inherit heaven] -1st Cor, 15 v 50]
How did Jesus get there? [Hebrews 9 v 24]
Jesus died faithful, and then God resurrected Jesus according to
Acts 2 vs 31,32.
So, first a person would have to die as a faithful Christian.- Rev. 2 v 10
And God would be the one doing the choosing. - Romans 8 vs 14-17; 29
Choosing those who will serve as kings and priests in heaven with Jesus.
Rev. 5 vs 9,10; 14 v 4
The rest of mankind will have an earthly resurrection during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth.- Acts 24 v 15; Rev. 1 v 18.

Adamski

All ancient Jewish and apostolic churches believe is a state of waiting
Sheol or purgatory, so according to these traditions we will all have a period of purification if we are not living a saintly life. If we truly believe we should be should be trying to seek god to the best of our ability daily