• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you act..

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't like hurting people's feelings so I just say something like "fascination" or something.
There is a chance that I may be wrong about what they believe, too, even if it seems far fetched. :)

gnomon

How do you act when someone tells you something wich you just can't believe, but you don't want to 'hurt' the other?

For example, a collegue of me is pretty sure he lived in scotland in his past life. He is pretty certain about it too and he knows for sure that it isn't a dream or just feelings. He knows it's true.
Well, I don't even believe in the soul, let alone that it can travel.

I would like to be supportive and openminded and stuff. But for me it sounds as if somebody would tell me he fell of the edge of the world once.

I hold it in till my head explodes and the gore of my immense intellect spatters them and infects them with my higher consciousness.

Unless it is some egregious comment that I feel that I just have to respond to, usually if it involves a historical point or medical one, I usually don't bother. If it's brought up in context of an ongoing debate I'll definitely offer up an alternative proposition but try not to press the issue.

If the comment is not directed towards me then there is no reason to respond. Unless, of course, as I said before it is of such an egregious nature...something like Jews are space aliens from Arcturus here to take all our cellophane...how can you not stop and say ..."What?'.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Just listen and let him have his way, You can have your own opinion and just walk away . Have you ever noticed that when others are set in their ways, they're obstinate...but you are firm and resolved. Just depends on how you perceive it.:curtsy:Think in just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday
( Great wisdom by Charity)