• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do Pagans feel about Christians and Why?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My previous reply was deleted by one of moderators or staff.
I don't think it is fantastic, but an observation, especially from past encounters with paarsurrey.
He does have the tendencies to ignore certain events in history. He is very selective in what he'd accept or reject to be history, and will always reject them if they don't align with his belief.
Paarsurrey is an Ahmadi, and sometimes rejects (or ignores) history from Islamic or Muslim sources.

Neither History nor the Historians are never 100% correct. Are they?
Regards

gnostic

The Lost One
Neither History nor the Historians are never 100% correct. Are they?
I have never said they were.

And I have never attached any percentage to history.

History is often written by the victors, so they are bound to be biased or spinning propaganda.

The only way we can verify historical accounts as being "true" or "correct", if we can confirm it independently, for instance through archaeology or through independent historical accounts. The more independent historical accounts you have, the more likely it to be true.

For instance, I think that a large parts of the Bible are myths and legends, not history, like from Genesis (eg Adam) to 1 Kings 11 (Solomon). But we do have certain events in the bible that we know to be historical. The example of this would be the kingdom of Judah (ruled by Ahaz) was under attack by the kingdoms of Israel (Pekah) and of Aram (Rezin), in 734 - 732 BCE; sources: 2 Kings 15 and 16. Now a lot of details given in Isaiah 7 and 8 to be legends, the prophecy of the sign, but we can confirm that there was such attack in Judah and Jerusalem was under siege because of independent source from Assyria confirm it. Assyrian historians recorded the invasion and siege, and that the Assyrian army of Tiglath-Pileser III did indeed intervene and attack both Israel and Aram.

Of course, we can get independent sources, but sometimes the details can differ because of different sides. One way to find out which sources are genuine and which are not, is to read them and examine which one seemed to be distorting the truth. Usually the ones that are exaggerating are not telling the truth. And this happened a lot, often due to propaganda.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
I m not a pagan, but even when I was a christian, I felt uncomfortable with it.
I still do, with the exception of the moderate and liberal ones.
Christianity's history should be evidence enough as why should someone hate Christianity.