• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do Ismaili Muslims find love for all, hatred for none in the Qur'an?

stevecanuck

To be honest, I would be weary of this. For not everything is love. God isn't just love. It is almost as if they are trying to promote it like the Christians do "God is Love" bit. When we know very well, God has a vengeful and wrath side to him. Afterall, he created the hellfire. In Islam, he will seek justice.

Be careful of innovative matters into the religion.

The Prophet pbuh told us that: “Every innovation is going astray, and every going astray will be in the Fire.” Narrated by Muslim (867) and an-Nasaa’i (1578)

Yes, and "going astray" in Islam means to find peace in the religion. Thanks for clarifying.

stevecanuck

Why do you say that?

In Islam, we are to be neutral. We are to love what Allah loves and hate what Allah hates. :)

As to the latter, Allah hates infidelity and those who are guilty of it:

2:98 - Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith.
3:32 - Allah does not love the unbelievers.

I think we can assume that you and your fellow devout Muslims, in following your god, also consider yourself to be the enemy of unbelievers.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
No. Islam is what the Qur'an says it is. Nothing less, nothing more.
Yes, and Christians who don't engage in mass executions of homosexuals or people wearing cotton-polyester shirts are practicing their religion wrongly.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Imam Jaffar (a) in lantern of the path says:

He who loves for the sake of Allah is beloved of Allah, and he who is loved for the sake of Allah is also beloved of Allah, since each loves the other for the sake of Allah. The Messenger of Allah said, 'Man is with whom he loves. Whoever loves a bondsman in Allah, loves Allah. No one loves Allah except he whom Allah loves.' And again, 'The best of people after the prophets in this world and the next are those who love each other for Allah.' Every love based on some cause other than Allah brings about enmity except for these two, for they come from the same source. Theirs always increases and never decreases. As Allah said,

الْأَخِلَّاء يَوْمَئِذٍ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ إِلَّا الْمُتَّقِينَ

The friends shall on that day be enemies to one another except for those who guard against evil, (43:67)

because the root of love is being free of everything except the Beloved.

The Commander of the Faithful said, 'The best thing in the Garden and the sweetest is love of Allah, love in Allah, and praise for Allah.' And Allah has said,

وَآخِرُ دَعْوَاهُمْ أَنِ الْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

The last of their supplication shall be "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds", (10:10)

because when they see the blessings that exist in the Garden, love is aroused in their hearts and then they call out, 'Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds.'

stevecanuck

The friends shall on that day be enemies to one another except for those who guard against evil, (43:67)

This is just the usual Islamic claim that only the "righteous" (i.e. Muslims) will prevail. It is the opposite of "love for all, hatred for none".

because the root of love is being free of everything except the Beloved.

The Commander of the Faithful said, 'The best thing in the Garden and the sweetest is love of Allah, love in Allah, and praise for Allah.' And Allah has said,

وَآخِرُ دَعْوَاهُمْ أَنِ الْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

The last of their supplication shall be "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds", (10:10)

because when they see the blessings that exist in the Garden, love is aroused in their hearts and then they call out, 'Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds.'

Right. Muslims, and Muslims ONLY. You're just proving my point.

RestlessSoul

Only the bird understands the textbook of the rose:
Not every reader knows the inner meaning of the page.
O you who would learn the section on love from the book of knowledge-
I fear that you do not know how to fathom it by research.

- Hafiz e Shirazi

stevecanuck

This has nothing to do with my question. This is not "love for all". Not even close. It's just the usual warning about the Final Day stating that only believers will be friends to each other.

You could not be more clueless. This is for Muslims only after they have been given heaven while unbelievers have been sent to hell. How is that "love for all"?????

Nobody has even come close to answering the question. That's because no answer exists.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is no such thing as love for all. I was showing you that as well. The hadith is showing in reality only believers have true love for one another, while everyone else, is building their relationship on partial love and partial selfishness and deception. They will cut off their friendship to one another on day of judgment.

Only love built on love of God will last because only it was sincere and based on truth in the first place.

Note this love is different then compassion type love. It includes honoring.

The type of compassion type love, is supposed to be for all.

Last edited:

BrotherAlameen

CHFI | CompTIA | Cyber-Sec | OSINT | Medical |
If there are any Ismaili Muslims on this forum, could they please answer this? I've been reading the Qur'an for 20 years, and I certainly can't find it. What am I missing?
Easy to answer the question. They have a living imam, whom they refer to as the “Talking Quran” to guide them.

stevecanuck

Easy to answer the question. They have a living imam, whom they refer to as the “Talking Quran” to guide them.

That did not answer the question. I want to know, for example, how they get around direct commands to fight (9:29) and others such as 2:98 in which Allah is said to be the enemy of unbelievers.

BrotherAlameen

CHFI | CompTIA | Cyber-Sec | OSINT | Medical |
That did not answer the question. I want to know, for example, how they get around direct commands to fight (9:29) and others such as 2:98 in which Allah is said to be the enemy of unbelievers.
They don’t follow the Quran because they believe in the next Prophet after Mohammed whose alive, aka, The Imam Mahdi, whom they also believe to be Prophet Issa as well whose their last and final Imam called Hazar Imam, who guides them. There is no need to follow a Quran when the descendant of PBUH Mohammed is there to guide them. That is their Imam of the Time.

Apart from that, I don’t know.

stevecanuck

They don’t follow the Quran because they believe in the next Prophet after Mohammed whose alive, aka, The Imam Mahdi, whom they also believe to be Prophet Issa as well whose their last and final Imam called Hazar Imam, who guides them. There is no need to follow a Quran when the descendant of PBUH Mohammed is there to guide them. That is their Imam of the Time.

Apart from that, I don’t know.

Okay, thanks. I guess that's why the vast majority of Muslims see them as apostates.

Because they are. Now. Ancient history is just that.

Your juvenile desire to shout IS NOT!!! every time I post is tiresome.

If you were wrong less frequently in your half baked polemics, you wouldn’t need to be corrected so frequently.

The answer to your question is pretty simple anyway for any Muslim who wants to interpret their religion in a peaceful manner - they contextualise the violent stuff as defensive and based in specific historical circumstances.

Muslims don’t actually interpret the Quran the way you personally think they should (which is basically the answer to all of your polemics). Sorry if this disappoints you, but it’s just a fact.

I’m not sure why you find this so difficult to understand.

When you have sects like the Nizaris who actually have a divinely appointed spiritual leader then it’s even easier as they can just follow his lead.