• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do Christians Reconcile The Following Question Regarding Their Faith?

Mr. Beebe

I don't know. I wasn't raised on that society.

Let's move ahead then,,to the near future,, possibly 10-20 years........

Let's say you are told to acknowledge a Religious law thru Government rule,,, and if you don't,, you won't be permitted to buy or sell. That means no grocery shopping,, no buying gasoline,, nothing.... would you acknowledge the Religious law, so you could shop and eat, and keep your job ect...?

prometheus11

Let's move ahead then,,to the near future,, possibly 10-20 years........

Let's say you are told to acknowledge a Religious law thru Government rule,,, and if you don't,, you won't be permitted to buy or sell. That means no grocery shopping,, no buying gasoline,, nothing.... would you acknowledge the Religious law, so you could shop and eat, and keep your job ect...?

Yes. Survival is important.

Mr. Beebe

Yes. Survival is important.

The scenario I gave you is referred to in the Bible as, the mark of the beast.

So,, if you choose to obey man,,you will be in trouble with God (plagues,wrath,death). And if you choose to obey God, you will be in trouble with man, (oppression and finally the death decree).

Decisions, decisions........

prometheus11

The scenario I gave you is referred to in the Bible as, the mark of the beast.

So,, if you choose to obey man,,you will be in trouble with God (plagues,wrath,death). And if you choose to obey God, you will be in trouble with man, (oppression and finally the death decree).

Decisions, decisions........

I figured as much.

I would expect God to have a better method than that.

prometheus11

funny,,, my son and I are sitting here,, and we decided to see how many posts were passed before you began your mockery. lol,,,, I won.

You people are all alike. lol

I'm not mocking at all. I'm simply saying what I would expect. Don't take things so personally. If your God is just another tyrant like a bad human king, then that's his method.

prometheus11

lol

Do,, "you people" believe in supernatural power and phenomena of any kind? Hope you are not offended,, and if you don't want to answer my questions, I will move along to somebody else.

Thanks in advance...

Some atheists do. I don't.

I'm not offended. I can only be offended by people I care deeply about.

Mr. Beebe

Perhaps. It would depend on specifics that are probably not conducive to hypothetical.

In the future, Satan will work amazing miracles before the eyes of men. When Atheists see these miracles, they will immediately abandon their long held beliefs, that there is no God. They will attribute these miracles that they witnessed to the working of God......But,, it will be the miracle working power of Satan.

It is thru sorcery that Satan shall deceive the world. Sorcery thru necromancy.

Have you ever heard such a thing from a Christian?

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
In the future, Satan will work amazing miracles before the eyes of men. When Atheists see these miracles, they will immediately abandon their long held beliefs, that there is no God. They will attribute these miracles that they witnessed to the working of God......But,, it will be the miracle working power of Satan.

Even if such an event were to happen it would not prove that the person doing the miracles is Satan.
It would also not be any evidence towards God being real.

Only the naive atheists would think of it otherwise.

prometheus11

Yes, I have heard such from a Christian.

I do not believe it, though.

It'd be like me telling you that unicorns will rise and form a government for all humanity.

Mr. Beebe

Only the naive atheists would think of it otherwise.

When your dead loved one appears before you,, with the same look, voice, mannerisms, and even the same smell as you remember when they were alive,, you, being a smart experienced atheist, will know otherwise......and ignore your dead loved one that is standing before you? Is that what you are saying?

Thana

Lady
It's sad you think like that.

No, it isn't reality as proven by millions of successful, happy, fulfilled atheists living across the globe.

Except I don't think like that because I believe in God.

And I don't think that's much of an endorsement, it just means that Atheists are as good at denial as they claim we are.

Mr. Beebe

It'd be like me telling you that unicorns will rise and form a government for all humanity.

I would be right in saying many religions and even Christians pray to the dead and even believe they can communicate with them.

You, on the other hand, have no evidence that people believe unicorns will rise and form a government.

Do you not see your folly in the comparison? Probably not.