• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do Christians Reconcile The Following Question Regarding Their Faith?

Deidre

I suppose God could have created us all as drones, but He created humans to have a will of their own. With a will of our own, some of us will make good decisions, some not so good. We all have the capacity to choose bad over good, good over bad. We only tend to question God on this front when we see people doing bad things, but when people are generous, loving, kind, etc...we don't question the why of our own will.

Because human nature.

prometheus11

I would be right in saying many religions and even Christians pray to the dead and even believe they can communicate with them.

You, on the other hand, have no evidence that people believe unicorns will rise and form a government.

Do you not see your folly in the comparison? Probably not.

It's merely belief. Nobody can prove anything. Including unicorns.

Do you see the folly of your stance?

There's no "probably" about it.

prometheus11

I suppose God could have created us all as drones, but He created humans to have a will of their own. With a will of our own, some of us will make good decisions, some not so good. We all have the capacity to choose bad over good, good over bad. We only tend to question God on this front when we see people doing bad things, but when people are generous, loving, kind, etc...we don't question the why of our own will.

Because human nature.

I don't question God. People are bad and good all on their own. We created the concept of God and the devil.

Because human nature.

prometheus11

Except I don't think like that because I believe in God.

And I don't think that's much of an endorsement, it just means that Atheists are as good at denial as they claim we are.

You seem very confused. You claim to know what atheists do and think, and then when you talk with atheists you refuse to accept their testimony.

You should continue believing in God because it's much better for atheists and atheism that confused people with stupid ideas remain on the God believing side.

Your silly accusations are impotent because of their silliness.

Thana

Lady
You seem very confused. You claim to know what atheists do and think, and then when you talk with atheists you refuse to accept their testimony.

You should continue believing in God because it's much better for atheists and atheism that confused people with stupid ideas remain on the God believing side.

Your silly accusations are impotent because of their silliness.

I never said that it is what Atheists think, I just said that it is what I believe is an objective Atheistic worldview. Not yours, or anyone else's but mine. And all I asked is that someone dispute what I said as not true, and no one could. All you've done is say "I don't think like that" Which is fine, I never said you did.

But you seem to be getting cranky so I'll just leave it at that.

prometheus11

When your dead loved one appears before you,, with the same look, voice, mannerisms, and even the same smell as you remember when they were alive,, you, being a smart experienced atheist, will know otherwise......and ignore your dead loved one that is standing before you? Is that what you are saying?

Not enough information to provide an answer.

Would you deny all your senses and reasoning?

If so, for what reason?

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
When your dead loved one appears before you,, with the same look, voice, mannerisms, and even the same smell as you remember when they were alive,, you, being a smart experienced atheist, will know otherwise......and ignore your dead loved one that is standing before you? Is that what you are saying?

"Dead loved ones" the closest qualifier to that would be my grandpa, I guess.
If he came back from the dead I would probably ignore him, yes.

Again, even if such a thing were to happen it is absolutely not proof of God or Satan.

Mr. Beebe

Nobody can prove anything. Including unicorns.

I can prove people pray to the dead and that they have beliefs that the dead can hear them and communicate with them.

You can't prove your silliness of a bunch of unicorns rising up and forming a government.

But this we know and can prove:

A. People pray to the dead, and even believe the dead are alive in a spirit form.

B. That the Bible says Satan shall deceive the world thru Sorcery (Revelation 18:23)

So my friend,, hopefully, you will reconsider your position.

Thanks for the chat.

Mr. Beebe

Would you deny all your senses and reasoning?

If so, for what reason?

Those who live in the last days when these events take place, will have to totally rely on the word of God to sustain them so they are not deceived..If the teaching doesn't have a "Thus saith the Lord..." they will surely be deceived.

It is not hard for Satan and his angels to ape our dead loved ones. Satan has an accurate record of all who have ever lived. He knows their voices, their mannerisms, and secret things only the living victim and the deceased knew.

All who believe the dead are alive shall be easy prey for Satan and his last day deceptions.

The kingdom of God has come near to you this evening.

prometheus11

I never said that it is what Atheists think, I just said that it is what I believe is an objective Atheistic worldview. Not yours, or anyone else's but mine. And all I asked is that someone dispute what I said as not true, and no one could. All you've done is say "I don't think like that" Which is fine, I never said you did.

But you seem to be getting cranky so I'll just leave it at that.

I don't have your imagination and I don't think any atheist would.

There is no atheist woldview. So...

I'm pretty sure I will disputed most of anything you say, so don't give up.

prometheus11

I can prove people pray to the dead and that they have beliefs that the dead can hear them and communicate with them.

You can't prove your silliness of a bunch of unicorns rising up and forming a government.

But this we know and can prove:

A. People pray to the dead, and even believe the dead are alive in a spirit form.

B. That the Bible says Satan shall deceive the world thru Sorcery (Revelation 18:23)

So my friend,, hopefully, you will reconsider your position.

Thanks for the chat.

People believe all sorts of stuff. Of course people pray to the dead. People are nuts.

My point is that you have as much proof for your silly notions about God as I do got unicorn reform.

Get with the program.

popsthebuilder

I was a devoted Christian for a very long time, 25 years or more - a Trinity believing Protestant taught that our creator God is omniscient (all-knowing) omnipotent (all-powerful) and omnipresent (present everywhere at the same time). This creator designed and created men and women fully and completely all by 'himself'.

What I don't understand, is if this creator purposefully designed and unleashed upon the earth a creature capable of rape and murder, why isn't 'He' to blame for these atrocities? Why would you construct a being with the potential to do so much harm to his fellow humans? What was the motive?

If my son murdered a human and I supplied the gun knowing ahead of time he'd shoot someone, I'm held accountable for my part in the homicide. How much more so should God be held accountable for DESIGNING a creature that he KNOWS ahead of time (he's omniscient, remember) will murder a fellow human?
Call it a test between want and what's right.

Also, though God have us free will, and with it great potential and responsibility doesn't mean he causes us to sin. He merely have us the choice.

Why? Really not sure, but I'm thankful though.

How boring would existence be if all where vegetables unable of thought? Because without free will we wouldn't be able to perceive existence any more than a blade of grass. At least not to any meaningful extent anyway.

Peace

prometheus11

Also, though God have us free will, and with it great potential and responsibility doesn't mean he causes us to sin. He merely have us the choice.

How boring would existence be if all where vegetables unable of thought? Because without free will we wouldn't be able to perceive existence any more than a blade of grass. At least not to any meaningful extent anyway.

Peace

God allows baby cancer and harlequin fetus. (Look it up).

He didn't have to allow those.

prometheus11

Except I don't think like that because I believe in God.

And I don't think that's much of an endorsement, it just means that Atheists are as good at denial as they claim we are.

If atheists were as horrible as you claim, the prisons would be filled with them. Instead, they're full of Christians. I guess they rationalize that if God can kill and torture, they can too?

Buttercup

Veteran Member

Peace
We've discussed free will ad nauseam in this thread, and of course when I was a Christian, it was a central tenet of life in general.

Thanks for participating and feel free to continue. I'm pretty much done here. :)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
If atheists were as horrible as you claim, the prisons would be filled with them. Instead, they're full of Christians. I guess they rationalize that if God can kill and torture, they can too?
Bad comparison.
When you take into consideration the Christian to atheist ratio outside of prison and compare it to the Christian to atheist ratio inside....