• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did it all begin?

Parsifal

Sorry, I lost track of this thread. Thanks, granpa, for giving it the reuptake! :)

Hey, I'm doing this too! How far back do you want to go? If you're thinking this observable universe, then you can start with the big bang, and turn the current objective understanding into metaphor.

If you want to go before that, well, good luck. All I remember is infinite wholeness.

Aha ~ it sounds experiential! Care to expand on what you remember?

There are plenty of stories and metaphors to build from that, as well as cycles and patterns. Just have fun and follow your heart and hope for the best.

Actually, I'm doing it more as metascience. I made some progress since starting this thread, and then began telling the next stage of the story in this one:

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...erstory-occult-chronicle-cosmos-humanity.html

Parsifal

Don't assume that the science of your age is the science that has all the answers. Don't let science of great answers get in the way of dreaming of new questions and new answers.

I agree. Luckily we're now in the postmodern age and have progressed to the metascience of intersubjective reality built on the common ground of our stories, dreams, and metanarratives. ;)

nazz

Doubting Thomas
My answer:

The usual explanation of how all things that came to be came to be according to the Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) goes as follows. God is eternal and existed outside of time. He was an eternally conscious being. For countless ages this God was enraptured in contemplating his own nature. Then at a certain point in time this God made the decision to create the Universe.

Like atheists I reject this explanation though perhaps for different reason than they. I think an infinite regression of time is impossible (I state this as an axiom I do not wish to debate). The scenario above involves such an infinite regression of time as contemplation is an activity and all activities require time. God's internal contemplation of himself would thus be of infinite duration and he could never reach the "point in time" where he decided to create. In fact he could never reach any particular point in his own eternal self reflection .

My explanation is as follows. Preceding the point when time began there existed a Potentiality which is the Source of All that came to be. It was part of the nature of this Potentiality to actualize itself in the form of the Universe we know. This Actualization was the beginning of time. Although the Potentiality existed "before" time itself there was never a "time" in which it existed. This is hard to grasp but must be because the Potentiality never came into existence. It is eternal in the sense of having existed before time.

So we can say the following things, give the following description, of this Potentiality:

• It existed eternally outside of time
  • It is uncaused and the cause of all other things
  • Nothing caused it to actualize itself other than its own nature

This may be similar to what occurred when the original Singularity underwent the cosmic expansion we call the Big Bang. So some might ask why engage in all this metaphysical doubletalk instead of just saying that Singularity is the source of all that came to be?

There are a number of reasons. One is that we do not know for sure if the Big Bang was the first event ever. We do not know if the Singularity itself was not caused by something else. We don't know this is the only universe which exists.

There is also the problem that the Singularity was a "something". It had certain physical characteristics. I suggest the Source of All was not a "something" in that sense. Before actualizing it had no physical characteristics. It was only Potentiality.

There is also another problem for me anyway. And that is that I do not think Reality consists of only the physical. The Big Bang only explains how the physical universe we live in came to be.

(note: after I first wrote this I was informed that scientists no longer think this universe began with a singularity)

Last edited:

Parsifal

Here's another variation of the Big Bang Theory ~ in fact, a case could be made that it's the original version:

ÜberLove

uberlove.jpg

All of life is an act of love ~ a neverending spasm of erotic intercourse, a secret liaison between two beings who are the dyadic halves of the whole universe. They are the primordial principles of Yang and Yin, positive and negative, inner and outer, essence and existence, Spirit and Soul. They are exalted radiant lifeforms whom we can validly and reverently humanize as God and Goddess.

This sexual cosmology may seem unique, but it's simply a new twist on the most ancient primordial worldview, first recorded in the Vedas but going back beyond that to the dawn of humanity. And it gets deeper: God and Goddess are still making love ~ the formation of galaxies, the birth of stars, the coagulation of planets, the gestation of organic life, the origin of our species, the rise and fall of civilizations, the innumerable epics and untold tales of everyone who has ever lived and therefore died ~ all are subsumed in the invisible script of the eternal Übergasm of God and Goddess.

Parsifal

… For countless ages this God was enraptured in contemplating his own nature. Then at a certain point in time this God made the decision to create the Universe.
… I reject this explanation... I think an infinite regression of time is impossible… as contemplation is an activity and all activities require time. God's internal contemplation of himself would thus be of infinite duration and he could never reach the "point in time" where he decided to create. In fact he could never reach any particular point in his own eternal self reflection.

My explanation is as follows….

I thought your explanation was pretty good. Here's mine, from another thread:

If OM is the Truth, then the riddle of the cosmos is why it ever emerges from its sublime self-containment, so that you and me and the rest of the universe can one day come to be. The answer is given in the Prelude: it doesn't. We're still there right now, but we don't know it because our awareness of OM as the only reality is clouded by the many veils that overlay it and create the mirrored images that we perceive as the world around us.

Of course this answer just pushes the riddle to the next layer of perplexity ~ the skeptical mind can't accept that it's all done with mirrors, just as it can no longer believe in the miracle of "Let there be light". So I offer the next best answer, favored by many enlightened minds: the OM, which is to say the whole of reality, breathes in and out. This makes perfect sense, since it's one big living thing. From our perspective as small living things occupying only parts of reality, the breathing rhythm of the OM is incredibly long. In terms of modern cosmology, each out-breath lasts from the first nanosecond of the Big Bang all the way until the universe reaches its point of maximum expansion, perhaps twenty-five billion years. Then the in-breath is the cosmic contraction, lasting just as long and ending in the Big Gulp, the fusion of all matter and energy back into one. Older cosmologies had more accurate details, and I draw upon some of them as I write my story.

Parsifal

A Love Letter

love-letter.jpg

To thee, my dearest ~ yes, ye: the eternal thou!
From me, though you may not even remember who I AM,
Nor yet our eternal vow of love before time began.

Perhaps in the deepest heart of you, crusted over by cares and pleasures, by waking dreams and secret nightmares, there flickers still an ember of a memory of the first time we fell into each other's eyes and became one.

I remember it lucidly, and each time thereafter, for I am the One whom we two become, every time we make love and conjoin. You are the Twoness that endures as long as there is one to love ~ or to hate. You are the Deuce, the She-Devil, the Goddess: Thou: bride of I, the Man-God. I am Yang, thou art Yin. I am that I am, and you are for me, forever.

You are the all-enveloping matrix, the mother-womb, the Shakti Yoni; whereas I am the axis, the core of your cosmic apple, the shaft that skewers you from nether to northern pole, the Shiva Lingam you worship because it sates your insatiable lust and salves the deepest ache of your agelong yearning.

Our first act of union begat a divine child: the entire spiritual realm, the metacosmos. Here we could play to our hearts' content, and create unlimited variations of our favorite game: pretending that there is strife between us, so that we can surmount it and reclaim our oneness again and yet again, in ever-ascending climaxes of ecstatic love.

When at last we tired of disporting in numenal forms, we gave birth to a second child: the material universe. Here was a graver challenge with more dangerous games: we incarnated in bodies so dense that we totally forgot our true identities as immortal beings. Thus we created the illusion of absolute stakes, with death of the body as the end of being. Heretofore the act of killing was merely the "touché" and "checkmate" of a successful game, or a dramatic act in an exciting play; but now it took on the ugly mask of bloody murder. This new realm was certainly darker and deeper than the one before, and so it provided a more sensuous and deadly testing-ground of our love.

We've had some fine adventures here on this planet Earth, but now the human experiment approaches its climactic hour, and not even God Almighty knows if the outcome will be doom or deliverance. If only you would awaken from your deep hypnotic trance in the souls and the yonis of human women lost in the bowels of the present endtime, perhaps we could conceive a miracle and elevate the race to a new plateau.

BruceDLimber

>How did it all begin?

From the Baha'i scriptures:

“O SON OF MAN!
“Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image, and revealed to thee My beauty. “
―The Hidden Words, Part One, #4

”O SON OF BOUNTY!
“Out of the wastes of nothingness, with the clay of My command I made thee to appear, and have ordained for thy training every atom in existence and the essence of all created things. Thus, ere thou didst issue from thy mother’s womb, I destined for thee two founts of gleaming milk, eyes to watch over thee, and hearts to love thee. Out of My loving-kindness, ’neath the shade of My mercy I nurtured thee, and guarded thee by the essence of My grace and favor. And My purpose in all this was that thou mightest attain My everlasting dominion and become worthy of My invisible bestowals….”
--The Hidden Words, Part One, #32

"Upon the inmost reality of each and every created thing [God] hath shed the light of one of His names, and made it a recipient of the glory of one of His attributes. Upon the reality of man, however, He hath focused the radiance of all of His names and attributes, and made it a mirror of His own Self. Alone of all created things man hath been singled out for so great a favor, so enduring a bounty."
―Gleanings, XXVII, pg. 65

"Man is the supreme talisman. Lack of a proper education hath, however, deprived him of that which he doth inherently possess. Through a word proceeding out of the mouth of God he was called into being; by one word more he was guided to recognize the Source of his education; by yet another word his station and destiny were safeguarded. The Great Being saith: Regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value. Education can, alone, cause it to reveal its treasures, and enable mankind to benefit therefrom."
—(Gleanings, CXXII, pp. 259-260)

Those are really believe there is no allah

Or trying to mislead people

Both logic and science prove there is allah

Allah said he turned blind prophet jacob sight in quran
By throwing shirt on his face (shirt of his son yousef)

Dr Abdul basit muhammad said explain how he discovered eyedrop in sight of verses in quran

As we know shirt mainly contain sweat

He made eye drop heal eyes from sweat

He also explain how grave and sadness is a reason for losing sight
Just like what happened with Jacob when he lost two of his sons

You can make google search

Some people denay all the truth even it was
Clear as pure water and they belive that bears turned to whale
Despite they don't have scientist prove or even logical prove

Logical reason for allah

Plants walking around sun without taking place of earth since it is exsitence
Well orgnized in amazing way

So there must god guiding them

In fact, there is no orgnized classroom with no leader like teacher
If the teacher was absent, students will make huge noises and mess

So there is no logical reason for claiming there is no allah

Silver Wolf

High Priest of Nothing
I am proud to say I have no idea. :shrug:
How it all started isn't really important, to be honest. It's just a fetter that keeps our brains pondering meaninglessly.

Do you mean human life

Human life started once Adam was created by god

Then eve according to most religion and islam one of them

Soul come out of the eye once person die
As prophet mohammad mentioned in hadith
That azrail (angel of death) told him that he take
Soul out of body through eyes

Proven by death cases

Go to youtube write

شاهد لحظه خروج روح انسان على الهواء

Notice next video

touching his eyes as if he not believing what he is seeing
Trying to move his sight away from angel of death

If you are bad muslim or non muslim commit sins
Angel will come to you in hurrified way

First he putting his hands on his forhead as if he saying something coming toward him
Then he touching his eyes as if he not believing what he seeing

The video alive his name aadal aljawhari
In Arabic his name عادل الجوهري

Copy to google following line to see video

عادل الجوجري يموت على الهواء مباشرة وهو يدافع عن بشار

This man is from Syria he encouraging what bashar alasd doing
TO muslims by killing them

Last edited: