• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How convincing is the Qur'an anyway? In which respects?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
In and of itself it is not any more convincing than any other holy book such as the Bible, Torah, Tanakh, Buddhist nor Hindu scriptures.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Why about your own? Or is it not even holy?

No holy book stands alone in and of itself. Ancient religions like Judaism, Christianity, and Islam claim their holy book stands alone for all time from the point of their revelation. The continuity and Universality of Revelation, Love and Compassion of God throughout the history of humanity is the most important nature of Revelation and scripture.. I 'believe' that taken as whole the universal nature and evolution of Revelation in the Baha'i scripture is more relevant to the contemporary world

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The Quran says that two different waters cant mix. How did Muhammad know that?

What do you mean by two different waters? If you are considering only different waters than indeed different waters do indeed mix. If you are considering substances like water and oil, than it is simply observed knowledge universal with humanity.

Remté

What do you mean by two different waters? If you are considering only different waters than indeed different waters do indeed mix. If you are considering substances like water and oil, than it is simply observed knowledge universal with humanity.
Sea water and fresh water.
KpmVf.jpg

"It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: One palatable and sweet, and the other salt and bitter; yet has He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed." 25:53​

Shad

Veteran Member
View attachment 27013
"It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: One palatable and sweet, and the other salt and bitter; yet has He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed." 25:53​

Fresh water mixes with sea water. This is basic chemistry from grade school....

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
View attachment 27013

The supposed barrier is temporal and not permanent. Fresh water and Sea water do indeed mix. Different specific gravities in the seas do indeed make them flow separately and some times stratify. This is a phenomenon that people may observe to draw the conclusion.

We know better today. You know, modern science.

Remté

The supposed barrier is temporal and not permanent. Fresh water and Sea water do indeed mix. Different specific gravities in the seas do indeed make them flow separately and some times stratify. This is a phenomenon that people may observe to draw the conclusion.

Yes they mix a bit but not wholly. They remain separate nevertheless.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Yes modern science, it's as simple as saying that humans can think because
they got a bigger brain.

Remté

I told you exactly what information you need to look up. It isn't my problem you are incapable or unwilling to reading it.

Which does not cover the water cycle and is in error.
It does. Point out the error then if you think there is one. I'm not holding my breath though.

You don't need to tell me or anyone what to look up if you're capable of explaining it yourself. If you're not then just don't throw it around as an explanation to a "problem" you don't even understand.

Shad

Veteran Member
It does. Point out the error then if you think there is one. I'm not holding my breath though.

The claim about fresh and salt water not mixing. The topic that I have been talking about for the last few posts.... Try to keep up.

You don't need to tell me or anyone what to look up if you're capable of explaining it yourself. If you're not then just don't throw it around as an explanation to a "problem" you don't even understand.

This is deflection as you are unwilling to educate yourself. I told you to look it up as I should not be required to explain something taught to 10 year olds here. However since you requested to be spoon feed knowledge like a child I will oblige.

Saltwater evaporates leaving the salt within the saltwater body. The evaporated water forms into water vapor. The vapor collects in the upper atmosphere forming into clouds. Eventually these clouds become dense enough the vapor condenses into water which falls in the form of precipitation. When over land the precipitation is adding to or forming new water systems be it a body of water or underground aquifers. Eventually some of this water flows into the same or different saltwater body. The cycle repeats. This cycle is also applicable to fresh water with contaminates which do not evaporate or do at far higher temperatures. Ergo we have salt and fresh water regardless of mixing.

Remté

The claim about fresh and salt water not mixing. The topic that I have been talking about for the last few posts.... Try to keep up.

This is deflection as you are unwilling to educate yourself. I told you to look it up as I should not be required to explain something taught to 10 year olds here. However since you requested to be spoon feed knowledge like a child I will oblige.

Saltwater evaporates leaving the salt within the saltwater body. The evaporated water forms into water vapor. The vapor collects in the upper atmosphere forming into clouds. Eventually these clouds become dense enough the vapor condenses into water which falls in the form of precipitation. When over land the precipitation is adding to or forming new water systems be it a body of water or underground aquifers. Eventually some of this water flows into the same or different saltwater body. The cycle repeats. This cycle is also applicable to fresh water with contaminates which do not evaporate or do at far higher temperatures. Ergo we have salt and fresh water regardless of mixing.
I said point out the error not the topic.

That doesn't change anything.