• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you tell the difference between a Prophet and false Prophet

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Friend My Lionheart,

Organization is only possible through the use of the MIND and so they [paths/ways/religion] got organized.
Individuals take up a path / way / religion to uncover the consciousness that is within each individual form and so the way they follow/practice will always have his own individuality even within that which appears to be an organized religion.
eg. You and me go to church. We pray side by side but still do you not find that qualitatively we both remain individualistic in our approach to reach the consciousness within???

Love & rgds

Perhaps so,the organized religion is just a medium for them to reach the consciousness within.

Bismillah

Submit
If a message needs to come from a god for it to have a point to you. Then you are following the god for the wrong reasons.
Any message that does not come from the Creator lacks an ultimate purpose by definition.

That is a believe of obedience out of fear, not rationality.
What a claim that is lacking both in proof, scope, and borne of prejudice.

Hardly. Care to explain how?

Gladly. You follow your faith blindly, seemingly out of fear, and you would do so no matter what the message was because of what people you haven't met claim the creator you haven't seen says. (Or, at least that's what you say makes it sound like, since it's not what is being said, but who says it, according to you.)

People make religions, and most religious types are to afraid to debate this fact because the lack of a basic foundation of evidence.

Bismillah

Submit
You follow your faith blindly
That is a blind assumption and an insult to boot.

seemingly out of fear
Another blind assumption. Taqwa plays a part, Tawhid plays a much larger one.

you would do so no matter what the message was because of what people you haven't met claim the creator you haven't seen says. (Or, at least that's what you say makes it sound like, since it's not what is being said, but who says it, according to you.)[emphasis mine]
That is completely wrong. It is quite obvious to me from the ideal and implementation of the speech the divinity of the message. It is exactly what is said that frames my opinion about it in other words, but discussing a message that is clearly not one that is divinely inspired (as you claimed) is pointless.

That is a blind assumption and an insult to boot.

Another blind assumption. Taqwa plays a part, Tawhid plays a much larger one.

That is completely wrong. It is quite obvious to me from the ideal and implementation of the speech the divinity of the message. It is exactly what is said that frames my opinion about it in other words, but discussing a message that is clearly not one that is divinely inspired (as you claimed) is pointless.

An insult? You follow a book that hasn't been updated in hundreds of years and you call my claim lacking of proof? (By the way we update modern school books quite often.)

Prove taqwa. And tawhid was obviously written my educated man (prove me wrong.)

If something seems moral or splendid it is automatically divine? As I stated before, the solar system we live in will die in a way that makes the plague of gods seem pitiful by comparison. We are a species of animal that can shape the world we live on, what we say and discuss is more important then the words of ancient men who's mouth they claim the words come from, has yet to be proven to exist.

Last edited:

Bismillah

Submit
An insult? You follow a book that hasn't been updated in hundreds of years and you call my claim lacking of proof? (By the way we update modern school books quite often.)
A book sprung from divine revelation does not need to be "updated" as its messages of the state of man and his purpose is timeless. But your insult is your derisive implication that I follow faith blindly.

As a man of certain social mannerisms I would hardly label individuals I do not know with such slander.

Prove yaqwa. And tawhid was obviously written my educated man (prove me wrong.)
I cannot comprehend this statement, could you make this simpler for me please?

If something seems moral or splendid it is automatically divine?
Of course not, but if something constitutes the realities of purpose and stipulates a way to achieve that purpose it is. On every single level it establishes the correct and most practical method of living.

As I stated before, the solar system we live in will die in a way that makes the plague of gods seem pitiful by comparison.
What an arbitrary statement. What exactly are you stating.

We are a species of animal that can shape the world we live on, what we say and discuss is more important then the words of ancient men who's mouth they claim the words come from, has yet to be proven to exist.
Are you going to establish a cognizant claim? Are you implying that somehow progress and discussion is prohibited or restricted?

A book sprung from divine revelation does not need to be "updated" as its messages of the state of man and his purpose is timeless. But your insult is your derisive implication that I follow faith blindly.

Let's stick with one thing at a time here, that way no one get's confused or off track, as I tend to do sometimes as an eccentric.

A book sprung from divine revelation? Do you have any way to prove this?

I may have been a tad harsh, but you called my claim lacking of proof, when your entire religion is lacking of proof.

Bismillah

Submit
Let's stick with one thing at a time here, that way no one get's confused or off track, as I tend to do sometimes as an eccentric.
That is fine.

A book sprung from divine revelation? Do you have any way to prove this?
The message that appeals to my heart, confirms my purpose, and stipulates pragmatic ways to establish both myself, my family, and my community to pursue this purpose.

I may have been a tad harsh, but you called my claim lacking of proof, when your entire religion is lacking of proof.
Your claim is wrong. You stated "That is a believe of obedience out of fear, not rationality."

I responded that Taqwa is a portion of Islam but Tawhid certainly is the all-encompassing one.

The proof is within the message itself. What it states, asks of me, and how I should abide by its message.

That doesn't prove anything. Again, you are stating that just because someone knows how to govern your life better then you do, means that the message came from some sort of god figure?

I don't even know what you are trying to claim. If I will not accept a claim that is entirely based off faith from an entire religion, I will certainly not accept it from a single individual.

Bismillah

Submit
someone knows how to govern your life better then you do, means that the message came from some sort of god figure?
I do not believe anyone knows a way to govern life better than that stipulated by my religion.

What attracts people to Islam is both the message it holds to mankind and the way to follow that message.

I do not believe anyone knows a way to govern life better than that stipulated by my religion.

What attracts people to Islam is both the message it holds to mankind and the way to follow that message.

I am sorry for the way i came off at first, I do apologize. But the message your religion puts forward could have come from wise men and not a God, and the point I am trying to make, is you have no way to prove otherwise.

It is a personal faith that in all likelihood simply came from wise people, and not a god.

KnightOwl

It's a trick question.
There is no difference.

+1 Since nobody knows the future, claiming to is the falsity in and of itself.

Mind you, this doesn't preclude predictions based on reasonable assumptions such as, "The sun will rise tomorrow." [assuming one means, it will appear on the horizon due to the rotation of the earth]

Bismillah

Submit
But the message your religion puts forward could have come from wise men and not a God, and the point I am trying to make, is you have no way to prove otherwise.
What do you believe is the message of my religion?

There have been messages before and messages after, I look at both the message and the instructions given in how to implement them.

Both the message rings true and the application is both practical and revolutionary and something not seen until centuries were to pass by.