• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can one lose their salvation?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Hi, Jason:

My cousin was a Satanist. I understand some things about Satanism, and so I realize different Satanists have different beliefs. Some Satanists are involved with backwards writing and backwards speaking or chanting.

Let me ask why you don't see any more need on this topic, personally? Have you stopped trying to renounce Christian faith?

Thank you,

jasonwill2

Hi, Jason:

My cousin was a Satanist. I understand some things about Satanism, and so I realize different Satanists have different beliefs. Some Satanists are involved with backwards writing and backwards speaking or chanting.

Let me ask why you don't see any more need on this topic, personally? Have you stopped trying to renounce Christian faith?

Thank you,

It was never about renouncement at all and mostly about eliminating subconscious emotional residue, and partly just double-checking. Seven years can do a lot to your subconscious, but I got better though.

Really, there is no more need for this topic and any further questions I will simply ignore, especially since ironically now I'm the one being asked questions in a DIR that I don't belong to. As I said, this topic has outlived it's use. I won't be posting in it anymore.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Salvation is never more than a potential. One can not lose that potential.
However Simply believing one is "Saved" no matter what you do is a nonsense.

If You believe in universal Salvation like I do, eventually we shall all be "Saved" (return to God)

Beliefs on "Salvation" are many and Varied, there is no universal agreement on what it means or what is its effect.

As to your question... you can not destroy what you do not yet have.

totally agreed

:)

I heard a great analogy recently. A man is trapped in a burning building. He hears a fireman knocking on the other side of the door. If he wants to be saved he's got to open the door and follow the fireman to safety. If he won't do that he won't be saved. It's as simple as that I think.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I heard a great analogy recently. A man is trapped in a burning building. He hears a fireman knocking on the other side of the door. If he wants to be saved he's got to open the door and follow the fireman to safety. If he won't do that he won't be saved. It's as simple as that I think.

Good illustration ^ above ^ .

The man had a choice. God asks us to choose such as recorded at Deuteronomy 30 v 19 that we have the opportunity to choose life. We can all choose to accept or reject Jesus' teachings of divine truth. - John 17 v 17

God according to Exodus [ 34 v 7 ] does not clear the guilty. The guilty such as those of Hebrews 6 vs 4-6 and Matthew 12 v 32 who commit the unforgivable sin.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
The unforgiveable sin in context is rejecting the Holy Spirit when God calls a sinner to trust Him for salvation. Jesus had just interacted with the Rabbis who saw his miracle performed and said He did miracles by the power of Satan. Am I wrong here?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It was the false religious leaders who tried to say Jesus miracles were by Satan's power.

Jesus said their father was the devil- John 8 v 44