• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can I stay calm knowing they don't know this

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
You probably do know the definition of group.

Which is how I know that in regards to your belief in a shepherd and/or a God that should be your leader and whom you should follow, you are very much in a group.

A group which very well could be goats.

Or, do you believe that your shepherd has only one lonely sheep, no flock to speak of?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Which is how I know that in regards to your belief in a shepherd and/or a God that should be your leader and whom you should follow, you are very much in a group.

A group which very well could be goats.

Yes. There are goats in the groupSSSSSS claiming to be Christian. It was prophesied.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
group [groop] Show IPA
noun
any collection or assemblage of persons or things; cluster; aggregation: a group of protesters; a remarkable group of paintings.
a number of persons or things ranged or considered together as being related in some way.
Also called radical. Chemistry . two or more atoms specifically arranged, as the hydroxyl group, –OH. Compare free radical.
Linguistics .
a.
(in the classification of related languages within a family) a category of a lower order than a subbranch and of a higher order than a subgroup: the Low German group of West Germanic languages.
b.
any grouping of languages, whether it is made on the basis of geography, genetic relationship, or something else.
Geology . a division of stratified rocks comprising two or more formations.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
#1 and #2 apply to you and everyone else who believes in Jesus.

OK I will give you two but not one as I cannot see myself assembling with anyone. I mean I don't. I am assembly shy. Number two can apply but it is applying regarding those on the outside (who I don't care about...much) and not those on the inside who do not know me from Adam.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Thank you.

Behavior
Sheep and goats tend to behavior differently. Goats are naturally curious and independent, while sheep tend to be more distant and aloof. Sheep have a stronger flocking instinct and become very agitated if they are separated from the rest of the flock. It is easier to keep sheep inside a fence than goats.

Goats will seek shelter more readily than sheep.

Goats are "independent" from the goatherd but not from each other. People who are goats gather with like-minded people and they are free to do so and it is likened to their "seeking shelter". Does the Bible speak of "goat like leaders"? A goat like leader is one who is independent from God but dependent on finding shelter with others who believe as they do.

Sheep will listen to the voice of their owner. Goats listen to their own voice.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Social studies? Please elaborate. Thank you.
The critics of Christianity say sheep are they who follow blindly and goats are independent thinkers. But if goats are independent thinkers how is it they choose unity with each other over independence?
It is rather difficult to set yourself up as the leader if you teach everyone that they do not need a leader.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is rather difficult to set yourself up as the leader if you teach everyone that they do not need a leader.

I know a little History. I think it is much more common for a ruler to be appointed by the people, officially or by mutual agreement, than it is for someone to "set himself up".

1 Samuel 8:4 So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah. 5 They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.”

You will give me many examples of people who have set themselves up as king, or not, but I know it's true a person cannot lead without someone to lead.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I know a little History. I think it is much more common for a ruler to be appointed by the people, officially or by mutual agreement, than it is for someone to "set himself up".

1 Samuel 8:4 So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah. 5 They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.”

You will give me many examples of people who have set themselves up as king, or not, but I know it's true a person cannot lead without someone to lead.
The church did a right fine job of controlling the masses by setting themselves up as one who speaks for god.

You make the mistake of assuming "king" when speaking af "leader".

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What really distinguishes a sheep from a goat? I mean like in real life.
Goats seek unity with each other. Sheep are for unity with the shepherd. I read that outside the Bible :eek:. Why do you not know it too?

Which is better is the question.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The church did a right fine job of controlling the masses by setting themselves up as one who speaks for god.

You make the mistake of assuming "king" when speaking of "leader".

Yes, that is true. I don't always make that mistake, but by making it this time I can see there is someone else who sees it too. It is why I post on forum.

People seem to think the antichrist is secular. They seem to think the kings gathered at Armageddon are secular. They seem to think Revelation 19:19 is about Earth's secular kings. I believe the gathering of kings includes all leaders who have control over the people. It is especially about religious leaders imo as their control reaches up to heaven, so to speak. Revelation 18 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues. 5For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

It is interesting that the Jehovah's Witnesses have not yet made the connection between this plea "get out of her" and the great crowd pictured at Revelation 7:9,14.

The goat like leaders teach that the great crowd are the people who are saved from the great tribulation. They appear together after the ruin of the Earth and are saved by Jehovah.

I believe the great crowd pictures all the people who are obeying the command to "get out" at Revelation 18:4. The great crowd is not people delivered out of the great tribulation by Jehovah, which is future. It is all the people obeying the command get out of Babylon The Great.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
So your source for information on the end of the world is the rantings of an exiled man that was high on psychoactive mushrooms?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So your source for information on the end of the world is the rantings of an exiled man that was high on psychoactive mushrooms?

Your only guessing but I have to admit so am I....and so are the kings of the Earth. It is OK if you or I guess but to lead people in a guess, not so good.