• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can I stay calm knowing they don't know this

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What really distinguishes a sheep from a goat? I mean like in real life.
Goats seek unity with each other. Sheep are for unity with the shepherd. I read that outside the Bible :eek:. Why do you not know it too?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3423982 said:
Namaste,

I learned that in social studies in 4th grade.

M.V.

Social studies? Please elaborate. Thank you.
The critics of Christianity say sheep are they who follow blindly and goats are independent thinkers. But if goats are independent thinkers how is it they choose unity with each other over independence?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Goats seek unity with each other. Sheep are for unity with the shepherd. I read that outside the Bible :eek:. Why do you not know it too?
To seek is to desire, and if you don't know what you are looking for you are sure never to find it.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Social studies? Please elaborate. Thank you.
The critics of Christianity say sheep are they who follow blindly and goats are independent thinkers. But if goats are independent thinkers how is it they choose unity with each other over independence?

Namaste,

Oh! You mean metaphorically for Christianity??!!

Geez, I thought you meant that goats don't need a shepherd, but sheep do. I learned that in elementary. I had no idea you were metaphorical in your approach concerning Xy...my b.

M.V.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3424022 said:
Namaste,

Oh! You mean metaphorically for Christianity??!!

Geez, I thought you meant that goats don't need a shepherd, but sheep do. I learned that in elementary. I had no idea you were metaphorical in your approach concerning Xy...my b.

M.V.

Yes good! But they do in a way "need a shepherd". They are not independent like bears. They need each other. The needing each other is worse than needing a shepherd imo. None of the goats knows where the water and the food will be. The shepherd knows.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Yes good! But they do in a way "need a shepherd". They are not independent like bears. They need each other. The needing each other is worse than needing a shepherd imo. None of the goats knows where the water and the food will be. The shepherd knows.

Namaste,

I don't know, brah. I don't understand this metaphor at all because I am a Hindu and such a metaphor has never been applied to us; on the contrary: we are lions and tigers! Many Hindus usually live by the following creed:

"O' Sons of Pritha - take away the delusion that you are sheep - for you are lions and tigers - you are not the lamb that follows the shepherd - for you are the shepherd's master!!"

M.V.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus

If that was the case, there would be no wild sheep or goats... They only need a shepherd if they are raised in captivity. A wild sheep finds its own food and water, and is free to wander wherever it pleases. Likewise, people raised by religion (captivity) need to be told what God thinks in order to form an opinion on anything, where as the "wild" folk (free-thinkers) form their own opinions and aren't penned up in one area for their entire lives.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If that was the case, there would be no wild sheep or goats... They only need a shepherd if they are raised in captivity. A wild sheep finds its own food and water, and is free to wander wherever it pleases. Likewise, people raised by religion (captivity) need to be told what God thinks in order to form an opinion on anything, where as the "wild" folk (free-thinkers) form their own opinions and aren't penned up in one area for their entire lives.

I agree. I am not talking about religion. A pen is what religion is. I am talking about the mutual love between the shepherd and his or her sheep. The shepherd of "Christianity" is also a teacher. I do not trust goats to teach me anything although I do offer an ear to what they say now and again. I trust the shepherd. I do not trust goats to lead me to anything good.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
I agree. I am not talking about religion. A pen is what religion is. I am talking about the mutual love between the shepherd and his or her sheep. The shepherd of "Christianity" is also a teacher. I do not trust goats to teach me anything although I do offer an ear to what they say now and again. I trust the shepherd. I do not trust goats to lead me to anything good.

I'm saying not all sheep need a shepherd; only the ones that were born in captivity and are too stupid to survive on their own. Same goes for people.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm saying not all sheep need a shepherd; only the ones that were born in captivity and are too stupid to survive on their own. Same goes for people.

I understand the sheep do not necessarily need a shepherd. I understand a sheep is someone loving the shepherd before everything else. Goats love each other, and themselves. The shepherd, and the sheep too, love the other before their self and the others. How is that important? Souls do not know what is needed for the life and happiness of the other sheep. The shepherd knows.

A lone sheep will learn the same love whenever it is found by the shepherd. It is a sheep characteristic.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

But what if you are just a blind horse in need of a seeing-eye goat?

[youtube]uJjWwr-AjiQ[/youtube]
Jack and Charlie

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
I understand the sheep do not necessarily need a shepherd. I understand a sheep is someone loving the shepherd before everything else. Goats love each other, and themselves. The shepherd, and the sheep too, love the other before their self and the others. How is that important? Souls do not know what is needed for the life and happiness of the other sheep. The shepherd knows.

A lone sheep will learn the same love whenever it is found by the shepherd. It is a sheep characteristic.

I think people are perfectly capable of learning what makes them happy on their own. I'm doing just fine without the "shepherd" and have made the conscious decision to stop following him. I've been much happier since, to say the least.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Do you not know that, in real life, the sheep/shepherd relationship is often enough a prey and predator relationship? The sheep are merely too stupid to know it. But the shepherd certainly does know it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you not know that, in real life, the sheep/shepherd relationship is often enough a prey and predator relationship? The sheep are merely too stupid to know it. But the shepherd certainly does know it.

You mean the sheep will be eaten. Eat me! Haha!

dust1n

Zindīq
Husbandry, or animal care and use, varies by region and culture. The particular housing used for goats depends not only on the intended use of the goat, but also on the region of the world where they are raised. Historically, domestic goats were generally kept in herds that wandered on hills or other grazing areas, often tended by goatherds who were frequently children or adolescents, similar to the more widely known shepherd. These methods of herding are still used today.

Goat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dust1n

Zindīq
You've never heard of "mutton"? How can I stay calm knowing you do not know of mutton?

You mean, shepherds don't just chill out with sheep, protecting them from predators, until their natural death, just because they loved them? That shepherds actually make a business out of milking, sheering, and slaughtering sheep?

This is a madhouse.